Ever tried a mid-premium credit card? The features are almost premium, but the charges are not as premium. Here is the HDFC diners club. Featuring the best rewards at the best charges, it is very suitable for common people. But not to compromise with the benefits – at Rs 1000 as the annual fee, you will get lounge access. So to know more, stick around to “HDFC Diner’s club miles credit card and its review.”
- A good coverage amount can attract many people.
- Exciting travel benefits and rewards programs are the salient features.
- The annual fee is less.
- Priority pass membership and lounge access are also good reasons for applying.
- 15% discount on restaurants and a premium experience at the international restaurants.
- You can convert the reward points into air miles if you want to add some more distance or convert them to real cash if you want to save money at the time of bill generation.
The rewards are quite disappointing because, at a similar level, there are credit cards that offer a bit better than HDFC millennia. Still, we have a mood to check out the rewards program.
Before going to apply for this card, let me make some information known to you. These are stated below:
- Each reward point stands for 1 air mile, which can be added to your usual flight distance.
- You can redeem up to 70% of the booking value from the reward points. Rest is your cash!
- How to redeem – very simple! Just look at the rewards redemption catalog of HDFC Diners club.
- In hotel and flight booking, the reward points can also be converted to real cash. Here the conversion rate is a bit less – 1 reward point stands for Rs 0.50.
Who Should Opt For This Credit Card?
HDFC Diners Club Miles credit card is neither a premium credit card nor for a lower-class family. They have mixed these two things to make an equilibrium state because there are lounge access and priority pass like premium benefits. Besides this, there are not too many fees charged.
So, a middle-class family can apply for this card. Clearly, the income constraint in the eligibility criteria supports this statement. People who travel, visit restaurants but not frequently are really benefited from this card. The discounts, air miles are quite good for them. The most thing of concern to them is the fees and the coverage amount. I am happy with the fees, and the amount of coverage they provide – especially the fees are really lesser than others. So, if your monthly income is quite sufficient, you can apply for this card.
As the card is not a premium one, fees are not too much to bear.
Features And Benefits
As you expected, being a mid-premium credit card, the benefits are quite good as the premium one.
1. Rewards program: As you have noticed in point 1, the rewards are quite good. In many fields, you have the opportunity to get the rewards – be it online or offline shopping, flight booking, hotel booking, and anything you like!
2. Booking air tickets: You have the opportunity to book 150 airlines and select hotels from the list of hdfcbankdinersclub.in and feel the experience!
3. Enjoy dining discounts: The most important point should be this. Because you will get 15% at the restaurants inside India, and you can experience special rewards and facilities at international restaurants.
4. Lounge access: Another premium feature is priority pass and lounge access in selected airports. You will get 6 complimentary lounge access every year. You can check the official site for various lounge access programs. Over 700 lounges are supported worldwide.
5. Reward Points: Easily convert your reward points into air miles. (1 reward point stands for 1 air mile)
6. Concierge service: Another premium feature is the concierge service. You will get guidance/advice on table reservations, flight booking, delivering gifts, and so on.
7. Great coverage amount: We always expect a great coverage amount from our credit card.
- Over Rs; 1 crore can be claimed in death caused by an air accident.
- Rs 25 lakhs can be claimed for emergency cases like immediate admission to a hospital while travelling overseas.
- Your family members can get worth Rs 9 lakh shield cover.
- Over Rs 50000 can be awarded to you in case of delaying the check-in process.
8. You have not to pay any charge in losing the credit card if you report to the bank within 24 hours.
Why Is This Better Credit Card Than Others?
Of course, there is some reason behind this claim. Check it out:
Eligibility Criteria And Documents Required
Seriously, the simplicity of the eligibility criteria will attract many people.
- You have to be an Indian.
- Your age should range between 21 to 60 years.
- If you are a salaried person, your monthly income should not be less than Rs 30000.
- And for self-employed, the income should be Rs 3 lakh and 60 thousand or more in a year.
- Documents required: A proof of identity and proof of address/residence are sufficient for applying for this card. You can choose anyone for each case from the below list:
- AADHAR card, PAN card, Voter card slip, driving license – for identity proof.
- Ration card, water bill, gas connection bill, the electric bill – for address proof.
There are similar credit cards available for competition. Let’s check them out.
How To Apply For This Card?
I hope that, after reading up on this, you have decided to apply! But don’t know how? Let me know you.
- Go to the official www.hdfcbank.com.You will find some questions are asking for details. Fill very carefully.
- In the second step, you have to fill in some other fields – mobile number, PAN number, pin code, Net annual income, and so on. Keep all the documents ready in your hand to avoid an error.
- Fill the forms very carefully. And also, read all the disclaimer terms and conditions before applying.
I am not describing all the points for applying for the card. It is a very straightforward and quite easy process. Fill in the form and enter the next form by clicking on the “next” button. Remember- forms will be rejected in case of any false information.
1. Can HDFC allow me to apply for this card since I already own one?
Fortunately, HDFC allows their customers to have more than one card based on their performance. They will check your credit history, any pending transaction or not, and much more.
2. What is the credit limit of HDFC Diners Club credit cards?
Every time this question comes to your mind, you should remember that not only for HDFC – any bank does not disclose it. The only reason behind this is that the bank will decide this by seeing your credit performance.
3. What is the grace period?
On the official site, it is clearly mentioned that the interest-free period or grace period is up to 50 days.
4. Can I waive the annual fee?
Yes, of course, you can! You can waive off the annual fee by expensing a total of Rs 1 lakh in a year.
Here, the time comes for the conclusion. After the long discussion of facilities and disadvantages, one question comes to our mind: “whether should I apply for the card or not?” See, nothing can be facilities or disadvantages to you if you are not that type of user. For example, you are happy with the traditional cash payment system.
Then you will find the use of a credit card a bit awkward – probably you are not accustomed to it and not too much expert about it. You are not a frequent customer and have not faced any issues over the transaction till now. Then why should you use a credit card?
But if you are the other group members, then the question comes. Suppose you have to deal with a large number of customers, you like purchasing online, etc. You love travelling, and you book hotels for dining frequently. You will definitely look for the rewards and discounts in these cases. Then there is a question of choosing the best credit card. Considering all the situations, this credit card really holds smart value for a mid-budget regular customer.
I hope your doubts are cleared after reading this article. Thank you and see you again later!