HDFC has launched so many almost the same credit cards that it creates confusion among their customers. The HDFC Diners Club has 3 or 4 subsidiaries included, which almost offer the same benefits. And the fees are also the same. So sometimes, it becomes impossible to distinguish between them. We are trying to discuss some of the features in “HDFC Diners Club Rewardz Credit Card and its review.” Let’s review the article and see the differences.
- Exciting travel benefits and rewards programs are the salient features.
- The annual fee is less.
- Priority pass membership and lounge access are also good reasons for applying.
- 15% discount on restaurants and a premium experience at the international restaurants.
- You can convert the reward points into air miles if you want to add some more distance or convert them to real cash if you want to save money at the time of bill generation!
- Save more money than others every year.
- Only 1 % of charges are applied to refuelling costs.
The rewards are disappointing because credit cards offer a bit better than HDFC millennia at a similar level. Still, we have a mood to check out the rewards program.
There is such information that you need to keep in mind. These are stated below:
- Each reward point stands for 0.30 air miles, which can be added to your usual flight distance.
- You can redeem up to 70% of the booking value from the reward points. Rest is your cash!
- How to redeem – Just look at the rewards redemption catalog of HDFC Diners club. But unfortunately, Rs 99 is charged every time you want to redeem the rewards.
Who Should Opt For This Credit Card?
Under the HDFC Diners club series, it is confusing what to choose and why to choose. Only some little changes are there. It is not a premium credit card, and the main problem is to choose a credit card according to a lower-class family. Maybe it is the fees that are charged in many cases. But I am happy to recommend this credit card to those guys who want a value-for-money credit card.
Fewer fees, good service, good rewards may be the reason for being an acceptable card to the lower–class family because they want a credit card that provides good service (not good features) at a minimum charge. I will not say that the fees are minimal, but it is quite less than the other. Moreover, this credit card offers complimentary lounge access, discounts on dining, and much more. So, you don’t have to compromise for everything. But as you all know that everything has plus points and minus points.
There is an extra charge applied for redeeming the rewards. Rewards are for money-saving, and they are charging for collecting the rewards! So, this may be a thing of burden and irritating to some people.
The charges are like any ordinary credit card; nothing extra is charged. But I am astonished to see that there are extra fees charged for reward redemption. It is an extra burden because one may not redeem a reward at a time. So, every time they want to redeem, the charges are applied.
Features And Benefits
I don’t think that we should expect much from this credit card. But they are providing something amazing – just like beyond our expectations!
- Rewards program: As you have noticed in point 1, the rewards are quite good. In many fields, you have the opportunity to get the rewards – be it online or offline shopping, flight booking, hotel booking, and anything you like!
- Enjoy dining discounts: The most crucial point should be this. Because you will get 15% at the restaurants inside India, and you can experience special rewards and facilities at international restaurants.
- Lounge access: Another premium feature is priority pass and lounge access in selected airports. You will get 6 complimentary lounge access every year. You can check the official site for various lounge access programs. Over 700 lounges are supported worldwide.
- Easily convert your reward points into air miles. (1 reward point stands for 0.30 air mile)
- Concierge service: Another premium feature is the concierge service. You will get guidance/advice on table reservations, flight booking, delivering gifts, and so on.
- The fuel charge is also low: Like every other credit card, it charges only 1 % of the refuelling cost.
You do have not to pay any charge in losing the credit card if you report to the bank within 24 hours.
Why Is HDFC Millennia Better Credit Card Than Others?
Of course, there is some reason behind this claim. Check it out:
Eligibility Criteria And Documents Required
Seriously, the simplicity of the eligibility criteria will attract many people.
- You have to be an Indian.
- Your age should range between 21 to 65 years.
- If you are a salaried person, your monthly income should be a minimum of Rs 30000.
- And for self-employed, the income should be Rs 3 lakh and 60 thousand or more in a year.
- Documents required: A proof of identity and proof of address/residence are sufficient for applying for this card. You can choose anyone for each case from the below list:
- AADHAR card, PAN card, Voter card slip, driving license – for identity proof.
- Ration card, water bill, gas connection bill, the electric bill – for address proof.
Cards Similar To HDFC Millennia
There are similar credit cards available for competition. Let’s check them out.
How To Apply For This Card?
I hope that, after reading up on this, you have decided to apply! But don’t know how? Let me know you.
- Go to the official www.hdfcbank.com.You will find some questions are asking for details. Fill very carefully.
- In the second step, you have to fill in some other fields – mobile number, PAN number, pin code, Net annual income, and so on. Keep all the documents ready in your hand to avoid an error.
- Fill the forms very carefully. And also, read all the disclaimer terms and conditions before applying.
I am not describing all the points for applying for the card. It is a straightforward process. Fill in the form and enter the next form by clicking on the “next” button. Remember- Forms will be rejected in case of any false information.
1. Can HDFC allow me to apply for this card since I already own one?
Fortunately, HDFC allows their customers to have more than one card based on their performance. They will check your credit history, any pending transaction or not, and much more.
2. What is the credit limit of HDFC Diners Club credit cards?
Every time this question comes to your mind, you should remember that not only for HDFC – any bank does not disclose it. The only reason behind this is that the bank will decide this by seeing your credit performance.
3. What is the grace period?
On the official site, it is clearly mentioned that the interest-free period or grace period is up to 50 days.
4. Can I waive the annual fee?
Yes, of course, you can! You can waive off the annual fee by expensing a total of Rs 1 lakh in a year.
5. Does all the e-commerce websites accept HDFC Diners Club credit card?
Of course, online platforms like Amazon, Flipkart accept any credit cards.
Here, the time comes for the conclusion. After the long discussion of facilities and disadvantages, one question comes to our mind: “whether should I apply for the card or not?” See, nothing can be facilities or disadvantages to you if you are not that type of user. For example, you are happy with the traditional cash payment system.
The usage of a credit card seems to be an extra burden for you. You are not a regular customer and have not faced any issues over the transaction till now. Then why should you use a credit card? Do you travel very often, do not visit restaurants frequently, and use another credit card?
But if you are the other group members, then the question comes. Suppose you have to deal with a large number of customers, you like purchasing online, etc. Then there is a question of choosing the best credit card. Considering all the situations, this credit card holds smart value for a mid-budget regular customer.
I hope all your doubts have been cleared after reading this article. Thank you and see you again later!