Are you a teacher? I don’t know how much I can respect you, but the HDFC bank will! Yes, they have introduced a dedicated card for those who taught the society. Good rewards at minimum fees and special rewards on teachers’ day are great reasons to apply for this card. So, let’s start with our topic, “HDFC Teachers Platinum credit card review.”
About the card: This card is specially dedicated to teachers. Security is tighter-as the card comes with an in-built chip. With special respect to the teachers, this card offers extra reward points on that day. On weekends, the reward rate is accelerated to 3 times, and of course, 24 hours assistance is always there.
In this article
Eye-catching features are always there –
- A good amount of rewards on different expenses is a thing of attraction.
- 500 reward points are awarded on teachers day.
- 1% fuel surcharge and travel benefits.
- No liability if you lose the card!
- 3x accelerated rewards on weekends.
How To Redeem Rewards?
You can redeem rewards both offline and online methods.
For offline methods:
First, you have to download the form of redeeming rewards-yes, everything will not be done offline! Fill it very carefully and then post the forms to the following address –
Rewards Helpdesk, HDFC Bank Cards Division, PO Box No. 8654, Thiruvanmiyer, P.O. Chennai-600041.
For online methods:
- At first, log in to your account and click on the “Credit cards” tab.
- Then, check whether you have registered your card or not. If not, do it now.
- You will be redirected to the reward redemption page, where you will find the options “redeem reward”.Click on it.
- Select the item and the range of points. Add the selected items to your cart.
- If everything is ok, read the documents, policy, conditions and check the box.
- Then dick on ‘ redeem? And take a note of the redemption order numbers.
Features And Benefits
1. Rewards program: You will get attractive rewards starting with milestone benefits on grocery items and other expenses.
2. Don’t worry if you lose!: Lost your card? Don’t be panicked or worried – report the bank immediately about the loss, and you will have no responsibility on how many fraud transactions have occurred or not.
3. Extra rewards on 5th September: You will get 500 reward points on teachers day.
4. Travel more: By redeeming the rewards, you can earn flight distances or airmiles, so fly high in domestic flight airlines distances only!
5. Waive off fuel charges: Every time you refuel your vehicle, you will get a 1% fuel surcharge waived off – but remember, the maximum waived off money is Rs 250.
6. Transactions are safe! Like every other credit card, this card also comes with an in-built chip which provides more security on every transaction.
7. Revolving the credit limit facility is another unique feature.
8. You can enjoy 50 days grace period from the date of issuance of the card.
9. Utility bill payment: You have options for paying utility bills like SmartPayand other platforms to do that.
10. A good amount of coverage: If you can expense at least 4 transactions (amount is not mentioned, maybe you will get to know at the time of applying) in a month, you are eligible to get the following coverage –
- In case of death of the primary cardholder, you can claim up to Rs 50 lakhs.
- You can get Rs 5000 as protection against unexpected events like free fire, burglary etc.
Fees And Charges:
Who should opt for this card?
The name of the card clearly mentions that the card is for teachers. But I am surprised to see the eligibility criteria where no checking is done whether you are a teacher or not, and yes, the task is impossible. So everyone can apply for this card and avail the same benefits as a teacher should get. Even the extra rewards on Teachers Day!
Eligibility Criteria And Documents Required
- You have to be an Indian.
- Being self-employed, your age should lie between 21 years and 65 years and 21 years and 60 years in case of being salaried.
- And, of course, a good source of income is judged as a top priority.
Here are the list of the following documents ->
- Identity proof– you can choose any of the following- PAN card, AADHAR card, Voter Id slip as proof.
- Address/residence proof– An address proof is also required. You can choose any of the following-ration card bills of the telephone exchange, gas connection bill, electric bill, or anything.
- Income proof – Another important document is income proof. You can show the Latest pay slip of three months, Form 16, or anything as income proof.
How you can pay the bill or charges?
There are many payment options, including other banks’ credit cards. Most probably, the auto pay bill is accepted. And, of course, the traditional cash/ cheque system is always available.
So, pay your dues and bills within the deadline so that you do not have to pay extra charges!
How to apply for this card?
- Go to the official website www.hdfcbank.com. There will be some questions which require some details. Fill very carefully.
- In the second step, some other personal details are used to verify; you have to fill in – mobile number, PAN number, pin code, Net annual income, and much more. You should better have all documents with you to see and copy the details side by side.
- Fill up everything in the form. Point to be noted that your application will be cancelled if you provide any false information in the form. And yes, before submitting, read all the terms and conditions carefully.
Not everything about the application process is required for elaboration because you have to fill it according to your condition and details.
Fill in the form and enter the next step by clicking on a button that may appear at the bottom of the page. Be very careful while giving information – because the application process will be rejected if you provide false information.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Time for doubt clearing!!!
1. If the card is somehow lost, then what do I have to do?
You have to inform the bank immediately about the loss of your card, and the bank will block your card, or you will be provided with a new card. But you have to pay the fees.
2. What is the credit limit of this card?
Unfortunately, no bank discloses this matter. You will get to know when you are using this card because the credit limit of a card depends on many factors, including your income criteria, usage pattern, credit history, credit score and much more. So it varies from person to person. You can go for an HDFC platinum card or platinum business card for higher limits.
3. What to do if I want to pay the bills from another bank which is not listed ?
Generally, a major collection of banks are on the list. But if you still facing the problem, you can contact customer care
4. How long it takes to credit cash on my account?
Except for weekends, it would take almost 2 – 3 days to be credited to your account.
It is not a card’s fault that it includes some shortcomings. But we shall discuss whether the plus points overcome the minus points or not-
After reading the whole article, you can understand what I meant to say. Neither you can neglect the disadvantages, nor you can deny by seeing the advantages only. What you can do is you can tally the rewards/fees ratio and then make a decision.
It is very difficult to explain each and every detail of a card in a single article – still I tried to give my best to present the most important and main things that you should know.