Credit cards offering great cashback values are highly attractive. Hence, in India, many banks have started offering cashback credit cards, most of which offer added cashback on selected brands or categories. In this article, we bring to you a list of the best Cashback credit cards that you can opt for. We aim to give you a clear visual of the criterion for choosing one, the annual fees, and the areas where you can avail of the cashback. We will also discuss with you the benefits each card offers. So, let us dig in deeper to find out more about the best cashback credit cards in India.
Top 10 Credit Cards Offering the Best Cashback in India
1.HDFC Bank MoneyBack Credit Card
With the HDFC Bank MoneyBack Credit card, you can redeem reward points as cashback against your outstanding value. There’s a welcome gift for all when applying for the card membership. You get bonus reward points as a gift. You can also avail of fuel waiver options and save money even on fuel purchases across India. No doubt this card is considered as one of the best HDFC credit cards for cashback.
- Applicant must be either salaried or self-employed
- The age range for a salaried applicant is 21-60 years
- The age range for a self-employed applicant is 21-65 years
- Stable income flow
- Clean credit card history
- Online shopping: 4points=Rs. 150
- Others: 2 points= Rs. 150
- Annual fee: Rs. 500
- Joining fee: Rs.500( with a bonus of 500 reward points)
- Interest rate: 3.49% per month
- Renewal fee: Rs. 500(2nd year onwards)
- KYC papers
- PAN card
- Income proof (e.g.: IT returns/salary slip/form 16)
- Bank documents and papers
- For every Rs. 150 spent on online shopping, you get 4 Reward points
- Get an e-voucher worth Rs. 500 on spending Rs. 50,000 in a quarter
- Save up to Rs. 1800 per year, on fuel purchase from any station in India via fuel surcharge waiver facility.
- 2X more points on online shopping
- Redeem reward points for cash
- Reward points can be accelerated by online shopping
- On fuel transactions of value Rs. 400, get a 1% fuel surcharge waiver.
- Avail free accidental death insurance up to Rs. 50lakhs
- No liability on a lost card
2. CITI Cashback Credit Card
If you are looking for the best cashback credit cards in India, then CITI cashback credit card is a great option to go for. It hosts an overwhelming amount of cashback and other benefits. With this credit card, your shopping experience is certainly going to be enhanced by manifolds, as you will be able to avail of various discount schemes. Across the globe, CITI cashback cards will entitle you to receive discounts at various Dine-Ins.
- To apply for this card, you need to an Indian citizen with age above 18 years.
- Applicant must have a good credit history along with a good score
- Stable income is a must
- Online shopping: 4points=Rs. 150
- Others: 2 points= Rs. 150
- Annual fee: To be informed when applying for the card
- Joining fee: Rs.500
- Renewal fee: Rs.100
- Passport size photo of the Applicant
- Address proof including a copy of your ration card, electricity bill, Aadhaar, and Passport.
- Salary proof like IT Documents, salary slip, Form 16
- PAN card
- ID proof such as PAN card, driving license, Aadhaar, etc.
- Designed for the ones wishing for cashback rewards on every transaction made with the card
- You will achieve a 5% discount on every movie ticket
- You can earn 5% cashback on utility bill and telephone bill payment using this credit card.
- On other transactions, avail 0.5% discount
- The cumulative of all cashback earned will be deposited to your account once it reaches a value of Rs.500 and further as multiples of Rs.500
- Unredeemed Cash back never expires
- You are entitled to receive multiple discount offers when shopping from stores partnered with CITI Bank.
- Across the globe, restaurants partnered with CITI Bank will let you avail amazing discounts
- CITI Cashback card allows you to receive extra privileges on EMI options for varied products from numerous electronics stores, shopping outlets, retail stores and even on online shopping platforms
- You are allowed to avail instant loans as per your need via the CITI Cashback Credit Card
3. HDFC Bharat Cash Back Card
One of the best cashback credit cards in India in our list is the HDFC Bharat Cash Back Card. With this card, the more you spend, the more you can save. You can get cash back on almost everything with this card, starting from groceries to fuel, even recharges. It is one of the best HDFC credit cards for cashback.
- Applicant must be salaried or self-employed
- For both self-employed and salaried applicants, the age range is 21-60
- For salaried applicants, monthly income must be greater than Rs.12,000
- For self-employed applicants, Income Tax returns must be greater Rs. 2lakhs per annum
- 1 reward point= Re.1
- Annual fee: Rs. 500
- Joining fee: Rs. 500
- Interest rate: 3.49% per month
- Renewal fee: Rs. 500
- Reissue fee: Rs. 100
- Id proof like PAN, Aadhaar, passport, driving license
- Address proof including ration card, Aadhar card, and passport
- Income proofs consisting of form 16 and salary slip and even IT returns documents.
- You get 5% cash back on groceries, fuel purchase, bill payments, mobile recharge, ITCTC transactions
- Spending on SmartBuy, EasyEMI, and PayZapp allows you a cashback of 5%
- Avail complimentary accidental death insurance up to Rs. 5 lakhs
- You will earn cashback points and later redeem it as cash.
- On making fuel transactions using your card, you can enjoy a waiver of a 1% fuel surcharge.
- You are subjected to save an amount of Rs. 3600 per year, by the virtue of cashback, received from this card.
- Making 4 monthly transactions worth Rs.100 allows you access to complimentary accidental insurance coverage. This includes death insurance of up to Rs. 50 lakhs and insurance against burglary of any product, worth Rs. 2lakhs.
- If you lose your card, contact the bank immediately, so that you are not charged with any fraudulent transactions.
- Spending a sum of Rs. 50000 before the renewal date will waive your renewal fee of Rs. 500
4. Kotak Delight Platinum Credit Card
The Kotak Delight Platinum Credit Card is regarded by our expert panel among the best cashback credit cards in India. It lets you derive get amazing cashback opportunities through lifestyle categories like dining, travel, fuel, and many more. We consider it a great card for people spending lots on having a lavish lifestyle.
- You need to be an Indian resident.
- The age range is 21-60
- The minimum age of supplementary cardholder is 18years.
- 10% Cash-Back on Dining
- 10% Cash-Back on Movies
- Annual fee: Rs. 299
- Joining fee: Rs. 1,999
- Interest rate: 3.40% per annum
- Renewal fee: Rs.299
- ID proof in the form of KYC-PAN, salary slip or other bank credit statements, etc.
- Your photograph
- Address proof documents
- Any extra documents required will be informed to you while applying for the credit card.
- You can get a gift of 2 BookMyShow vouchers on the first card swipe
- Avail 10% discount on dining
- Get a 10% discount on movies
- The maximum cashback per billing cycle for both entertainment and dining transactions is Rs. 600
- Cashback at dining can be availed only at restaurants recognized under ‘Restaurant’ Merchant Category Code (MCC) by VISA.
- If transactions made through the card is over Rs.10000 in a billing cycle, you can avail up to 10% discount on select movie tickets
- You can get a surcharge waiver through this card of up to Rs. 4,500 every year. This waiver is valid for transactions in the range of Rs. 400-Rs. 4000
- On transactions related to railway ticket bookings, you can avail a surcharge waiver of up to Rs. 500 per year.
- For Indian railways booking counter the surcharge waiver is 2.5% and for the Indian Railways website, it is 1.8%
- For misplacement or theft of the card, the “Delight Shield” offers a cover of up to 1.25lakhs. but you need to report the case within 7 days to derive this benefit.
- If card transactions exceed Rs.1.25 lakhs, every six months, you can opt to receive either Rs.750 cashback or 4 complimentary tickets of PVR cinemas.
- Per year you are allowed to avail up to Rs. 1500 or 8 complimentary tickets of PVR.
5. Axis Bank My Zone Credit Card
My Zone Credit Card provided by Axis Bank is considered to be one of the best cashback credit cards in India. We have found that this card provides a discount on all the daily expenses made by the card. You can avail cashback on the purchase of movie tickets, complimentary lounge access at airports, and also on fuel surcharge waiver. The card has an interest rate of 46.78% per annum. The Axis Bank My Zone Credit Card is best suited for people who hunt for lifestyle benefits on their credit cards.
- The age of the cardholder needs to be between 18 to 70 years.
- The minimum age limit for add-on cards is 15 years.
- The applicant must be a resident of India or NRI.
- On shopping during weekends: Rs. 200= 20 reward points
- On shopping during weekdays: Rs. 200= 40 reward points
- Others: Rs. 200= 4 reward point
- Annual Fee: Rs. 500 from 2nd Year onwards.
- Joining Fee: Rs. 500 (100 points as joining perks)
- Interest Rate: 46.78% per annum
- Financial Charges: 3.90% per month
- Pan Card/Form 60 photocopy
- Colored photographs
- Identity proof: Passport, Driving License, Aadhaar Card, PAN Card
- Income Proof: IT returns a copy, Latest payslip, Form 16
- Your Residential proof: Passport Photocopy, Electricity Bill, Ration Card, Landline telephone bill.
- The joining fee of Rs. 500 can be waived off if you spend a total of Rs. 5000 within the first 45 days from the issuance of the credit card.
- You can avail of accelerated reward points, special cashback offers, and discounts when you use the card at weekend dining and shopping.
- You also gain 25% cashback on the booking of movie tickets.
- When we use the card first time for online shopping, we are credited with 100 reward points.
- We are benefited with 10 times more reward points on weekend dining at selected hotels and restaurants.
- On partnered stores shopping at weekends, we get 5 times more reward points.
- The My Zone Credit Card is an EMV certified chip card which is protected by a PIN that provides more secure transactions than a magnetic strip card, hence reducing the risks of skimming fraud.
- You are rewarded with 4 complimentary free airport lounge visits within India per year.
- You can also avail of a 1% fuel surcharge waiver on the transaction of fuel done at all the fuel stations across India. The waiver holds for transactions between Rs. 400 to Rs. 4000. We get a maximum of Rs. 400 waiver per billing cycle.
- Easy monthly installments are provided on purchase above Rs. 2500 by contacting the bank. Repay of the amount can be done in tenures of 6, 9, 12, 18, or 24 months.
6: Induslnd Bank Iconia American Express Credit Card
If you are tired of giving yearly fees for cashback credit cards, then Induslnd Bank Iconia American Express Credit Card is the Best Cashback Credit Card with no annual fee. The card is designed for users who spend more on weekends and are interested in dining and entertainment cashback card. You will also find this card, having a comparatively low fee with a joining fee of Rs. 3500 and no annual fee subsequently. You get reward points on expenditure from credit card and then you can convert those points with a 1:1 redemption rate into real cash. Hence we can say that the American express points never expire.
- For the salaried individuals, their income should at least be Rs. 3, 60,000 per annum.
- For the self-employed individuals, their income should at least be Rs. 4, 80,000 per annum.
- Expenditure during weekends:Rs. 100= 2 reward points
- Expenditure during weekdays:Rs. 100= 1.5 reward points
- Expenditure on utility bill payments:Rs. 100= 0.7 reward points
- Annual Fee: Rs. 499 (waived if you spend more than Rs. 100000)
- Joining Fee: Rs. 499
- Renewal Fee: Rs. 499
- Interest Rate: Monthly: 3.35%
- Renewal Fee: Rs. 499
- For KYC, the individuals should have a PAN Card, Aadhaar Card, and a photograph.
- Voter Id, Driving License or Passport can be used for other address proof options in case your communication address varies.
- Income Documents:
- For salaried individuals: Bank statements or salary slip of last 3 months.
- For self-employed individuals: You need to show the latest copy of ITR or credit card details of some other banks.
- The cardholders can avail flat 1.5% cash back upon all spending categories on weekdays and a 2% cashback on the weekends.
- Upon utilities and fuel, you will only get 0.7% cashback.
- American Express Card holds for the best low fee cash back credit card with no annual renewal fee.
- The reward points earned from expenditure by the card can be redeemed at a rate of 1 point= Re 1.
- With this card, you will be benefited from 2 quarterly visits at domestic American Express airport lounges.
- The users can also avail of travel insurance up to Rs. 225,000.
- You also get 3 free movie tickets monthly from BookMyShow; along with a buy one get one offer ticket.
- If you reside at Chennai then you can avail 4 free tickets monthly at Sathyam Cinemas.
- A 20% discount is offered at Lemon Tree Hotel Properties.
- You can also play free golf games at selected locations.
7: SimplyCLICK SBI Card:
If you are a regular online shopper then SimplyCLICK SBI Card is a great online shopping credit card on websites like Amazon, Cleartrip, Foodpanda, BookMyShow, Lenskart, and UrbanClap. It provides extra rewards and benefits if you make transactions from the aforesaid shopping sites. A minimal joining fee of Rs. 499 is charged which can be waived on spending Rs. 1 lakh from the card. So, you can earn 10x reward points from online shopping and earn directly by redeeming those points into cash, hence this card is considered to be one of the best direct cashback credit cards.
- The applicant should be a salaried person or a self-employed person.
- For the salaried individuals, their income should at least be Rs. 20000 per month.
- For the self-employed individuals, their income should at least be Rs. 30000 per month.
- Online exclusive partners (Amazon, BookMyShow, Cleartrip, Netmeds, Lenskart, and UrbanClap): Rs. 100= 10 reward points
- Vistara Airlines Booking: Rs. 100= 9 reward points
- Hotel Booking from Trident Hotels: Rs. 100= 10 reward points
- Other online expenditure: Rs. 100= 5 reward points
- Expenditure on utility bill payments: Rs. 100= 1 reward points
- Annual Fee: Nil
- Joining Fee: Rs. 3500
- Interest Rate: Monthly: 3.83%
- Annually: 46%
- Renewal Fee: Nil
- Reissuance Fee: Rs. 100
- Identity Proof (Pan Card/ Aadhaar card/ Driver’s License/ Passport/ Voter’s ID)
- Address Proof (Aadhaar card/ Driver’s License/ Passport/ Ration Card/ Property Registration Document)
- Income Proof (Latest Salary Slip/ Latest Form/ Latest 3-month bank statement)
- Passport size photograph.
- You will be gifted a welcome e-gift card from Amazon worth Rs. 500.
- On shopping from Amazon, the card provides a 2.50% reward rate while it gives a 1.25% reward rate on other online expenditures and a 0.25% rate on other spendings.
- Users can get Rs. 2000 Cleartrip voucher each on the online expense of Rs. 1 lakh or Rs. 2 lakh per annum.
- The Simply CLICK SBI Card is used worldwide with more than 24 million outlets.
- During any emergency, you can call the SBI Card customer helpline and the 24 hours MasterCard/Visa Global Customer Assistance Services.
- The card also provides a balance transfer at a low-interest rate from other bank’s outstanding dues to SimplyCLICK SBI Credit Card.
- At the expenditure of above Rs. 500, we can avail a 5% fuel surcharge waiver, but the maximum waiver is limited to Rs. 100 monthly.
- First-time users at UrbanClap will get flat 40% off.
- You can also make use of the wave and make a payment facility at retail terminals if the transaction is below Rs. 2000.
- With flexipay option, cardholders can repay the big-ticket purchase in convenient monthly installments.
8. Standard Chartered Ultimate Card
The Standard Chartered Ultimate Card is a member of the family of credit cards with best reward rates in India. Though it might have a high annual fee, the reward rate offered will content you. If you are inclined towards having a good lifestyle, travel a lot, and eat at high-rated restaurants, then, the Standard Chartered Ultimate Card is a must-have for enjoying first-class privileges in these mentioned categories.
- Applicant must be salaried or self-employed
- The minimum income for salaried applicants is Rs. 2,00,000 per month
- The minimum income for Self-Employed applicants is Rs. 24,00,000 per month
- 5 points per Rs. 150 spent;
- 1 point = Rs. 1 cashback
- Annual fee: Rs. 5000
- Joining fee: Rs. 5000
- Interest rate: 3.10% per month
- Renewal fee: Rs. 5000(2nd year onwards)
- ID proof consisting of PAN card, Aadhaar card, Driving license, Passport, Voter card, Overseas Citizen of India card, Person of Indian Origin card, Job card issued by NREGA, letters issued by UIDAI
- Address proof must include Aadhar, Driving license, passport, utility bill, property registration papers, bank account statements, ration card. Additionally, a Person of Indian origin card and NREGA issued job card might be asked for.
- Income proof in the form of latest salary slip and Form 16, along with the last 3 month’s bank statement.
- You can avail up to Rs. 10,000 cashback on MakeMyTrip within 90 days of card issuance
- Get 2% foreign currency markup fee on overseas spending and a 5% cashback on duty-free expenditures.
- Enjoy up to 25% discount at 650+ top restaurants across India and get a reservation through the concierge and online booking
- You can get access to 20 premium golf courses in India and above 100 golf courses across the globe.
- You can enjoy a secure and fast payment option and go fully cashless with this card.
- You are allowed a loan on this credit card up to Rs.7,50,000 within 2 days.
- You get balance transfer options of up to 5,00,000 from other bank credit cards at a lower rate of interest.
- Get access to over 1000 airport lounges globally with a complimentary Priority Pass Membership
9. IndusInd Bank Pioneer Legacy Credit Card
The IndusInd Bank Pioneer Legacy Credit Card is a card for you if you do not want the hassle of annual fee payable under any circumstance. This card is listed among the best cashback credit cards with no annual fee. The card allows you great welcome gifts and you can avail huge offers and discounts at the biggest luxury hotels across India. The IndusInd Bank Pioneer Legacy Credit Card is unquestionably a world-class contactless card brought to you by IndusInd Bank. Once you go through the rewards, you will realize why it has been placed among the credit cards with best reward rate in India.
- The criteria to apply for IndusInd Bank Pioneer Legacy Credit Card has not been explicitly declared by IndusInd bank. You are expected to be informed at the time of applying for the card
- At present, the IndusInd bank Pioneer cards are available only in Mumbai and Delhi-NCR
- 100 spent on weekdays= 2 reward points;
- 100 spent on weekends= 1.5 reward points.
- To be informed at the time of application
- You can avail amazing offers at the Oberoi chain of hotels
- You can access almost 14 of the choicest international brands via the Genesis Luxury Vouchers, and thus enjoy a luxury retail experience like never before.
- By the courtesy of IndusInd bank, gain access to some of the world-class golf courses and golf clubs across India.
- Avail buy 1 get 1 free at BookMyShow via IndusInd Bank Pioneer Legacy Credit Card transactions and avail up to 3 free tickets in a month
- If you are from Chennai, you can also enjoy buy 1 get 1 free for Sathyam cinemas and avail up to 4 free tickets in a month
- Receive fantastic travel offers through card transactions
- With their complimentary Priority Pass, you can enjoy access to more than 600 airport lounges across the globe
- You will be offered with the best pre-trip assistance and travel guide, and all your ticket, as well as hotel booking burden, will be handled by the concierge
- Avail up to Rs.1,00,000 lost bag insurance, loss of passport lost ticket and missed connection coverages
- Fuel surcharge waiver is available for transactions in the range of Rs.400 to Rs.4000
- Safe online and e-commerce transactions
10. YES Prosperity Cashback Credit Card
The YES Prosperity Cashback Credit Card is reckoned by our team as one of the best reward cashback credit cards available in the market. This is the perfect card for you if you wish to have a hassle-free experience while applying for credit cards. The card charges zero processing fees and requires no documentation while applying. Undoubtedly such facilities have brought this among the best cashback credit cards in India.
- The minimum income of the card applicant must Rs.5.5 lakh per year
- The age range for applying is 21-60 years
- The applicant must be either self-employed or salaried
- 5 points per Rs. 150 spent;
- 1 point = Rs. 1 cashback
- Annual fee: Rs. 1000
- Joining fee: Rs. 1000
- Intrest rates
- Ranges from 12% to 15% per annum
- 5% per month for revolving credit, Overdue amount and cash advances
- YES Bank allows a Zero Documentation Policy for this credit card.
- Zero processing fee
- Get cash back on every retail transaction
- The repayment options are kept flexible for you
- Avail a cashback of 5% on Utility bills, grocery shopping, movie tickets and many more
- You will be entitled to cashback ranging from 0.75% to 5%, depending on the type of expenditure.
- If you opt for revolving credit, you are allowed to avail special interest rates, ranging from 4% per month to 3.22% per month.
- You can repay the expensive purchases through EMI, within a period of 3 months to 2 years
- Enjoy a special markup of 3.4% on foreign currency
- Using this credit card on fuel purchase will waive the fuel surcharge by a certain percentage
- As a welcome gift, you are entitled to get a cashback of Rs. 250, if you are able to successfully spend Rs. 2500 from your card within the first 30 days of card issuance
- You can get discounts and attractive offers on traveling, dining, and shopping across selected Indian cities
Different types of Cash Back Credit cards in India
There are a number of cashback credit card types available in India. The category list includes travel cashback cards, cards with no annual fees, annual fee waivers, secured cards, online transaction cards, cards designed especially for grocery shopping, dining and entertainment cards, cards for paying utility bills, and cards for making transactions on MakeMyTrip and OLA.
This huge list includes multiple banks’ credit cards for your specific needs. You can go through the article to know which card fits in which category.
Q1. How do you get cash backs from different credit cards?
The pattern of receiving cashback vary from card to card. There exist cards which allow you to collect points on a purchase, that can be later redeemed as cash. There also are multiple direct cashback credit cards that offer you cashback informs of discounts that are credited directly to your bank account.
Q2. Which credit card can be considered among the best reward cashback credit cards?
Several cashback credit cards will overwhelm you with their reward rates. We have listed some of them in this article for your reference. For more information, you can search for best reward credit cards India on internet search platforms.
Q3. What should be my eligibility to apply for a cashback card?
Eligibility criteria varies for each bank’s credit card. But certainly, there exist some common criteria for every cashback card. These include the applicant’s age and the applicant’s work status.
As an applicant, you should be over 18 years old and must be either self-employed or salaried. A stable income is a must need to get a credit card.
Q4. What do you mean by the Annual fee? Can it be waived?
Ans: As evident from the name, the annual fee for a card is the yearly fee demanded by the bank for your credit card. This fee varies from one card to another.
Certain cards have an option for waiving the annual fees under certain agreements. Some cards are even available with no annual fee at all. It is just the joining fee that you have to pay and you’re done.
Q5. On what basis is my credit limit determined?
The card members’ limit and the cash withdrawal limit is solely determined by the prospective card issuer, based on your profile, repayment capacity and credit report by CIBIL and many other clauses. The limit info will be informed to you at the time of card delivery and will be printed in the card license agreement too.
Q6. Can my credit limit be increased later on?
Yes, it is possible for you to increase the credit limit. For that, you need to issue a request to the card-issuing department. You might be asked for income proof documents, after the verification of which, your request can be granted.
Note here, that, it is the bank’s sole discretion to allow the credit increment based on your documents.
Q7. What happens if I exceed my card limit?
In case your credit card purchases or cash advances exceed the limit set by the bank on your credit card, you will be charged with over-limit fees and applicable taxes and this amount will be debited from your credit card account itself.
Q8. What are the charges that are applicable on cashback credit cards?
The list of charges are as mentioned below:
Duplicate statement fee
Late payment fee
Cheque return charges or ECS
Foreign currency transaction
Over limit fee
In this article, we concentrated on the cards that are considered to be the best cashback credit cards in India. Now your job is to recognize your need and choose a card accordingly. If you are a travel enthusiast, go for cashback cards offering discounts on travel packages and allowing airport lounge access. For a man inclined more towards serving the homely requirements, you can get hold of the cards that provide cashback on utility bill payments and grocery shopping. For the youth, grab a card that allows you to enjoy the best movie halls at great offers. We have tried to inculcate all the best reward cashback credit cards. We hope, that your job of selecting a cashback card would become easier after you’ve read our article.
Leave a Reply