Good news for the travellers! With the merging up of SBI and Etihad, a new credit card is launched in India, which gives plenty of air miles. You don’t need to count and be puzzled where you will get the Airmiles reward and where not. Because there is only one type of reward – Airmiles, they also call it guest miles on every expense and transaction you make. As a result, your flight distances will be increased at the end of the day. So, redeem rewards and enjoy your flight journey! Let’s start the air journey starting with “SBI Etihad guest airline co brand credit card review”.
- Get Airmiles with every expense you make – be it domestic or international items.
- Along with fraud liability and burglary, there is a good amount of coverage given in case of any unexpected events.
- 1% fuel surcharge is also waived off.
- The annual fee is waived off for spending a certain amount in a year.
Before moving into the rewards section, let’s know more about this card –
It is a travel-oriented card –which gives you the best experience while travelling. Besides having air miles rewards, you can use the card in a foreign country without any problem. This card also gives you access to premium lounges that reside in India. Even while sitting in an aeroplane, you will get discounts on foods that you purchase while flying!
Features And Benefits
1. Reward program: I have illustrated the rewards program in the previous point. It should be very attractive to travel lovers because there are so many options are available to earn rewards – from buying anything to booking flights, you are adding airmiles!
2. Priority pass membership and lounge access: You will be enrolled on the priority pass membership program free of cost (generally, the enrolling fee is $99). Using this membership, you can visit domestic lounges 8 times a year.
3. Fast payment: If your purchase amount is small, you need not hand over the card for paying bills. Simply wave your card at the secure reader – and everything will be done!
4. Duplicate card system: Don’t worry if you lose the card – report to the bank as soon as possible. You will get a new card even you are in a foreign country or travelling somewhere because the VISA helpline number is available 24 x 7 hours.
5. Flexipay system: You have options to convert your transaction amount into monthly, affordable instalments. But to avail of this benefit, you have to do a transaction amount minimum of Rs 2500. After that, log in to sbicard.com using your password and username within one month after the transaction has been made.
6. Easy money program: With this feature, you can get any draft or cheque, and you don’t need to go to the bank premises to collect it. It will be delivered to your home.
7. Fuel surcharge: Without any exception, this card also offers a 1% fuel surcharge waived off across all fuel pumps in India. But there is some condition – first, the refueling cost in a month should lie between Rs 500 and Rs 4000 and most importantly, the maximum waived off money is Rs 250.
8. A good amount of coverage: Absolutely, there is a facility of claiming an excellent amount of coverages in case of any unexpected events –
- While travelling overseas, up to Rs 25 lakh can be claimed in case of an air accident.
- Coverage amount of Rs 50000 can be provided in case of fraudulent transactions and burglary cases.
- If you lose your baggage at the time of travelling, you will get coverage up to $1000.
Fees And Charges
How To Apply For This Card?
- Go to the official website www.sbicard.com. There will be some questions which require some details. Fill very carefully.
- On the second step, some other personal details are used to verify you have to be filled – mobile number, PAN number, pin code, Net annual income, and much more. You should better have all documents with you to see and copy the details side by side.
- Fill up everything in the form. Point to be noted that your application will be cancelled if you provide any false information in the form. And yes, before submitting, read all the terms and conditions carefully.
Not everything about the application process is required for elaboration because you have to fill it in according to your condition and details. Fill in the form and enter the next step by clicking on a button that may appear at the bottom of the page. Be very careful while giving information – because the application process will be rejected if you provide false information.
Eligibility Criteria And Documents Required
- You have to be an Indian.
- Being 18 years old makes you eligible to overcome the age constraint.
- And, of course, a good source of income is judged as a top priority.
- They also look for good credit scores.
Here are the list of the following documents ->
- Identity proof– you can choose any of the following- PAN card, AADHAR card, Voter Id slip as proof.
- Address/residence proof– An address proof is also required. You can choose any of the following-ration card bills of the telephone exchange, gas connection bill, electric bill, or anything.
- Income proof – Another important document is income proof. You can show the Latest pay slip of three months, Form 16, or anything as income proof.
Why this card is better than any other card?
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the minimum income criteria for availing the card?
Usually, if there is an income criterion required for being eligible, the bank mentions that before. But here, the bank has not mentioned the actual amount of income required. So, you will get to know at the time of applying.
2. Can the annual fees be waived off?
Yes, why not? Previously, it was stated that you have to expense Rs 10 lakh or more. But some people argue, and most probably, the bank’s statement update has made Rs 3 lakhs.
3. How much will I get discount on the flight booking?
You will get a 5% discount on booking flight tickets from the official site –Etihad.com.
4. What is the credit limit of this card?
As a general rule, the bank will not disclose the credit limit. So, you will get to know about this when you apply for this card.
Cards Similar To Card
After reading the whole article, you can understand what I meant to say. Neither you can neglect the disadvantages, nor you can deny by seeing the advantages only. What you can do is – you can tally the rewards/fees ratio and then make a decision.
I tried to present the most important and main things that you should know about this card. So, see you in another article.
Leave a Reply