Standard chartered ultimate credit card is another popular card from Standard chartered bank which can compete with other mid-premium cards. Starting from rewards to concierge service, this card doesn’t lag behind in any feature. Yes, some absurd criteria and rules are there still, it is a good choice for those who love the ‘expense and enjoy’ policy. Why should you apply, how much you will be benefited – everything we will discuss in this topic: “Standard Chartered Ultimate Credit Card review”- so stay tuned!
In this article
- A small but good amount of rewards program.
- 8 lounge access is provided.
- You can avail up to 5% cashback on duty-free spending.
- In case of an accident or any other unexpected case, you will get a good coverage amount.
- 24 x 7 hours of concierge service.
The reward program is too short to elaborate on still, it is quite good.
Each reward point stands for Rs 1.
Features And Benefits
1. Rewards program: The reward program is simple and straightforward. Rewards include reward points and cashback – which will save a good amount of money.
2. Travel more! By using this credit card, you will get 5% cashback on duty-free expenses.
3. Airports and lounge access: You will be given priority pass membership, and you can access up to 1000+ airport lounges. And the fee is $27 per visit, which can be waived off if your expenditure exceeds Rs 20000 in the previous month.
4. Good coverage amount: You will get a good amount of coverage in air and travel accident coverage.
- Up to $200K can be claimed due to air and travel accident.
- $25K can be claimed as medical insurance.
- Up to $750 can be claimed due to loss of baggage or personal valuable items.
- You will get a coverage of $10 every 8 hours, and the maximum can be $100.
- In case of delay in baggage on international flights, the rate will be $10 every 10 hours, and the maximum is $200.
5. Enjoy golf rounds: With this card, you can enjoy 1 golf game and 1 golf coaching round at 20 premium golf course coaching centers in India and 150 worldwide.
6. Dining privileges and offers: You will be provided Dineout plus membership by which you can avail a discount of 25% at more than 250 restaurants in India. But you have to book the restaurant early.
7. 24 x 7 hours of concierge service: From your home, you can get guidance and advice regarding
- Dining assistance
- Golf booking
- Table reservation
- Flight booking
- International gift deliveries
- And much more by calling the concierge helpline.
Fees And Charges
Who should opt for this card?
By seeing the fee structure, one can easily understand that the card is a premium one. Generally, common people should not go for this card because of its high charges. They always look after some cashback and discounts on their daily items. So, discounts on dining and flight booking – these will not be preferred by them. Because they do not visit hotels frequently and travel on air very often.
But the fancy users can apply for this card because it can fulfill almost everything they expect from a premium card.
Why is this card better than other cards?
Eligibility Criteria And Documents Required
- You have to be between 21 – 65 years old.
- You have to be Indian.
- If you are self-employed, your minimum income should be Rs 24 lakhs per annum – the same is applicable if you are a salaried person.
Here are the list of the following documents –
- Identity proof– you can choose any of the following- PAN card, AADHAR card, Voter Id slip as proof.
- Address/residence proof– An address proof is also required. You can choose any of the following-ration card bills of the telephone exchange, gas connection bill, electric bill, or anything
- Income proof – Another important document is income proof, and you can show the Latest pay slip of three months, Form 16, or anything as income proof.
Cards Similar To This Card
How to apply for this card?
- Go to the official website www.sc.in. You will find some questions are asking for details. Fill very carefully.
- In the second step, you have to fill in some other fields – mobile number, PAN number, pin code, Net annual income, and so on. Keep all the documents ready in your hand to avoid an error.
- Fill the forms very carefully. And also, read all the disclaimer terms and conditions before applying.
Not everything about the application process is required for elaboration because you have to fill it up according to your condition and details. Fill in the form and enter the next step by clicking on a button that may appear at the bottom of the page. Be very careful while giving information – because the application process will be rejected if you provide false information.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What type of security is associated with it?
There is a feature called “3D secure”, which works with OTP verification. Every time you make the transaction, you have to verify the OTP.
2. How much will I be charged while travelling overseas?
You will be charged at the rate of 3.5%.
3. How to gain the golf benefits?
You may apply for the Ultimate virtual card, where you will get all the golf benefits, dining privileges and much more.
After reading the whole article, you can understand what I meant to say. Neither you can neglect the disadvantages, nor you can deny by seeing the advantages only. What you can do is – you can tally the rewards/fees ratio and then take the decision.
I have tried to make you understand everything in a single article, hope you like it – see you later!