Love shopping online? But don’t want to pay a high price as compared to local shops! Then Standard chartered bank has brought you an offer. Every type of shopping – be it food order, buying clothes, accessories, groceries, book flights or anything, you will get attractive discounts. And yes, you also get 15% cashback from OLA rides. Fees, discounts, everything are calculated monthly – so it is convenient to keep everything properly. So, let’s jump to the topic “Standard chartered digismart credit card review”.
- Good rewards on everything – from online shopping to refuelling, you will get rewards.
- Discount on movies – plus buy one get one free offer at INOX.
- Up to 5 transactions, you will get a 10% discount.
- A 20% discount can be availed from Myntra without any minimum expense value.
- 10% discount from Zomato without any minimum expense value.
- 20% discount on flight booking from Yatra and an additional 10% off on international flight booking.
Actually, the rewards are given on the basis of online activities like shopping, booking flights, order food and much more. Different reward rates are available for different online companies.
Features And Benefits
1. Rewards program: The rewards are totally based on discounts and cashback methods – many online activities are eligible to claim good discounts or cashback. But the rewards are only available to online platforms.
2. Offers on different websites: As you saw in the rewards section, various online stores offer a great discount if you make purchases from them –
3. Easy EMI conversion: This card can convert the big purchase amount into small, affordable EMI schemes. But the purchase amount should be greater than Rs 5000, and the EMI facility has to be done from Net banking.
4. Taking a loan: You can apply for a loan against their credit card and an account on that bank. The bank will verify the request, and if you are eligible, you can get a loan of up to Rs 5 lakhs. And you can repay the loan within 12 to 60 months.
5. The facility of transferring balance: From any other bank, you can transfer your balance through this card. Using the ‘balance on EMI facility,’ you can transfer the balance and pay the charges of transferring the balance.
6. Pay but contactless: You don’t have to swipe your credit card every time you are paying. Up to Rs 2000, you can swipe or wave your card at POS terminals. But the POS terminals must have NFC enabled.
7. Ride free: As I have mentioned about the discounts on OLA rides – you will get up to 15% cashback every time you book an OLA. But remember that, maximum of Rs 600 per month can be availed.
Who should opt for this card?
I think that this card is dedicated to the people who frequently purchase items from the online platform. Except for refuelling, every reward and benefits are associated with buying from many branded online platforms. Again, the fees are not much. So, it becomes easier for the common people to apply for this card.
Why this card is better than other cards?
Eligibility Criteria And Documents Required
- You have to be between 21 and 60 years old.
- If you are self–employed, you have to make sure that your company has been trading for more than 12 months.
- In both salaried and self-employed cases, you should have a minimum income of Rs 50000 monthly.
- You should have a good credit history and no pending payments till the time you have applied for.
- You should be an Indian.
Here are the list of the following documents
- Identity proof– you can choose any of the following- PAN card, AADHAR card, Voter Id slip as proof.
- Address/residence proof– An address proof is also required. You can choose any of the following-ration card bills of the telephone exchange, gas connection bill, electric bill, or anything.
- Income proof – Another important document is income proof. You can show the Latest pay slip of three months, Form 16, or anything as income proof.
Cards similar to this card
How to apply for this card
- Go to the official website www.scb.com. You will find some questions which are mandatory as they collect some of your details. Fill very carefully.
- In the second step, you have to fill in some other fields – mobile number, PAN number, pin code, Net annual income, and so on. Keep all the documents ready in your hand to avoid an error.
- Fill the forms very carefully. And also, read all the disclaimer terms and conditions before applying.
Fill in the form and enter the next step by clicking on a button that may appear at the bottom of the page. Not all steps are required for elaboration, as you have to fill in all the details. Remember- forms will be rejected in case of any false information.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. The fees are monthly or annually?
Actually, everything is calculated monthly – not annually. Fees are charged monthly, and you will get discounts or cashbacks also in a monthly basis.
2. Instead of discounts, can I get rewards?
No, the bank has not kept any scope or chance to provide reward points. But the discounts are quite good, and according to some people, this is the best utility of using a credit card.
3. What is the credit limit of this card?
The bank has not disclosed it. You will get to know about this when you apply for this card! It depends on the income, usage pattern, credit history and much more.
Any online platform offers some discount and offer based on the tie-up between the banks. But here you can get discounts and offers from branded online shops. Everyone love to purchase items online if their price is good. But now prices have been hiked so much that sometimes it is difficult to purchase online. So, this card offers discounts that balance the hiked price.