Have a car? Then you must be thinking about the fuel expenses! SBI BPCL credit card gives you 70 litres of free fuel in a year. Apart from this, on any other expenses, you will get exciting rewards and offers. The fees are also lower as compared to similar cards – so it may be a good choice for you. So, why late? Let’s dig into the topic “SBI BPCL credit card review”.
- Rewards are divided into fuel and non-fuel categories – you will get good rewards whatever the user you are.
- Compared to other fuel cards, you will get better rewards and facilities.
- Rs 2500 or more amount of purchases can be converted into Easy EMI policy.
- Just carry your card anywhere – the card is accepted internationally.
- Pay any utility bill using this card.
There are few more talks left with the rewards –
- You can earn a maximum of 1300 rewards points in a single billing cycle.
- Whatever you are saving from fuel surcharge – you can save a maximum of Rs 1200, and the surcharge is applicable if you have a bill of Rs 4000.
- Each reward point stands for Rs 0.25.
- And there is no condition like the minimum threshold for redeeming reward points.
Let us see how much amount you can save if you use this credit card –
So, the annual expense is Rs 2,84000, and the annual savings are Rs 4432, which is approximately 70 litres of petrol.
Features And Benefits
1. Rewards program: Whether you expense at fuel or not, everywhere, you will get good rewards. In the case of fuel, you will get 13X rewards, and in other cases, you will get 5X rewards.
2. Easy EMI conversion: With Flexipay, you can convert any big purchase into an affordable, small amount that you can pay monthly. Amount of Rs 2500 or more than that can be converted to EMI.
3. Go contactless: Like other modern credit cards, this card also supports a contactless facility.
4. Pay bill easily: You can pay any utility bills like telephone bills, electricity, mobile recharge with this credit card.
5. Global acceptance: This credit card is accepted in foreign countries as well. You can carry the credit card with you and enjoy every offer in more than 24 million outlets worldwide, including 3.5 lakh in India.
6. This card comes with an EMV chip that provides extra security.
Fees And Charges
Who should opt for this card?
It is quite common for a person who has a car or some other vehicle, the card is for them! But the question comes whether they should go for some other fuel card or this card. As I mentioned other similar cards below – if you compare them, you will find that this card is one step ahead of those. And the great advantage is the annual fee is also lower than other cards.
So, people, who want to spend low in annual fee and want some extra benefits should apply for this card. Moreover, other cards offer only refuelling costs, but this card gives you some reward if you buy grocery items, dining, and others. So, applying for this card is more logical, in my view.
Why is this card better than other cards?
Eligibility Criteria And Documents
- You have to be between 18 – 60 years old.
- You have to be Indian.
- In the case of being self-employed, your income should be at least Rs 30000 per month and Rs 20000 per month for being a salaried person.
Here are the list of the following documents –
- Identity proof– you can choose any of the following- PAN card, AADHAR card, Voter Id slip as proof.
- Address/residence proof– An address proof is also required. You can choose any of the following-ration card bills of the telephone exchange, gas connection bill, electric bill, or anything.
- Income proof – Another important document is income proof, and you can show the Latest pay slip of three months, Form 16, or anything as income proof.
Cards similar to this card
How to apply for this card?
- Go to the official website www.scb.in. There will be some questions which require some details. Fill very carefully.
- In the second step, you have to fill in some other fields – mobile number, PAN number, pin code, Net annual income, and so on. Keep all the documents ready in your hand to avoid an error.
- Fill up everything in the form. Don’t provide any false information because that will lead to the cancellation of the application. And yes, before submitting, read all the terms and conditions carefully.
Not everything about the application process is required for elaboration because you have to fill it up according to your condition and details. Fill in the form and enter the next step by clicking on a button that may appear at the bottom of the page. Be very careful while giving information – because the application process will be rejected if you provide false information.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I use the card in foreign countries?
Yes, you can use the card internationally, and your card is accepted at 24 million+ outlets around the globe.
2. What amount of fuel can I get free in a year?
If everything is working normally and no amount is charged, you will get approximately 70 liters of fuel.
3. Can I get other benefits except for fuel?
Yes, you will get 1 reward point on every expense value of Rs 100 at any purchase and 5X rewards on dining, grocery items.
4. How to redeem the rewards?
You have to go to any BPCL petrol pumps and redeem your rewards, or you can use fuel vouchers. But remember the vouchers are valid only for 6 months.
Advantages And Disadvantages
- You can get almost 70 litres of fuel annually
- 13x rewards on fuel purchases and 5x rewards on other expenses.
- Offers are available only in BPCL pumps.
- Maximum Rs 400 can be waived off.
- The reward points can be used at anything including dining, movie tickets and buying grocery items.
How to check application status?
You must have a reference ID given at the time of applying. At first, go to the official site and look for the option “SBI track your application”. Then you have to enter the reference ID, and here you go!
After reading the whole article, you can understand what I meant to say. Neither you can neglect the disadvantages, nor you can deny by seeing the advantages only. What you can do is – you can tally the rewards/fees ratio and then make a decision.
I have tried to make you understand everything in a single article, hope you like it – see you later!
Leave a Reply