As we have expected, the Marriott credit card launch in India will soon have a good relationship with American Express, and Amex has already become so popular – but the reality is something different. Till now, only rumours are spreading in the air about the launch date of Marriott’s credit card. Still, according to some experts, we can figure out some important points and specifications that might appear with this card. So, to know more, scroll down to read “Marriot credit card in India – concepts, and opinions.”
Actually, there are some possibilities that this credit card may be launched with two versions – one is Premium, and another is Super-premium. All the details and comparisons I am going to discuss are based on an assumption about the features of Marriott cards.
Rewards On Marriott Credit Card
Super Premium Cards
So, it is obvious that the super-premium will have much better facilities and benefits than the normal, i.e., premium one.
Features And Benefits On Marriott Credit Card
Here also, I am discussing the benefits of the two cards separately. The benefits are almost the same, but they differ in amount.
Features On Premium Cards
- Rewards program: Nowadays, every bank is trying to emphasize the rewards program. In point 2, you can see the type and amount of rewards that are quite good.
- Status: You will be in Silver Tier by default, but you can be immediately transitioned into Gold Tier. The only condition is that you have to pay Rs 3 lakh on the card anniversary!
- Lounge access and priority pass: It is assumed that you can get 2 lounge access every quarter of a year – which means that 8 access in a year.
- Extra benefits: You will get 10 elite night credits.
Features On Super Premium Cards
- Rewards program: Naturally, in the super-premium card, you can enjoy the enhanced version of the normal rewards that are offered by the premium card.
- Status: By default, you will be in Gold Tier, but you can immediately transition into Platinum Tier. The only condition is that you have to pay Rs 15 lakh on the card anniversary!
- Lounge access and priority pass: It is assumed that you can get 12 lounge access every quarter of a year – which means that 8 access in a year.
- Extra benefits: You will get 20 elite night credits.
Fees On Marriott Credit Card
As the card is not launched yet, the expected fees are illustrated below:
- For a premium card, the Joining fee is Rs 5000 + some applicable taxes (GST)
- The annual fee is Rs 5000 + applicable taxes.
- For a super-premium card, the Joining fee is Rs 30000 + some applicable taxes (GST)
- The annual fee is Rs 30000 + applicable taxes.
Eligibility Criteria And Documents Required For Marriott Credit Card
Here, the criteria are tricky because it is not too much bothered about the ‘income criteria.’ Rather they are checking that whether you are holding a special card or membership.
- The HDFC Infinia credit cardholders are eligible to apply for this card issued the Infinia card after 20th March 2019 – that means those who have Infinia cards issued to them before this date are unlucky!
- The eligible persons will get a membership for this card. The point is that the membership is valid for only 1 year, and the only primary cardholders will enjoy the membership – there is no scope for add-on members.
- There should be more information which you should know about –
What are the benefits of being a member of the Marriott family?
Actually, you will get some discounts and some extra benefits if you have this credit card with you in Marriott hotels or restaurants. The benefits are –
- You can avail yourself of up to 20% off on foods and beverages for 10 guests in Marriott selected hotels.
- You can make up to 15% off on the hotel rooms claiming available best rates anywhere in Asia- Pacific region.
- Some certificates about staying at a hotel, beauty, and personal care are also offered, giving you some discount.
- You will be given two accommodation certificates that offer you an opportunity to upgrade to another best available room. But it is valid for only 2 nights.
- Another 2 certificates will be offered for choosing the rooms based on the category of rooms – but here also it is valid for only 2 consecutive nights.
- Only one guest will get 2 certificates that offer you a 20% discount at the spa.
How To Apply For This Card?
Actually, you cannot apply for this card from your own wish. You have to wait for an SMS from the HDFC bank within 15 days of the issue of the Infinia credit card. There you have to fill up some credentials at the partner page and have to do a Rs 1 transaction – that’s it.
1. Who are the eligible persons to get this card?
Actually, it is a partner card with HDFC. Those who have been issued an HDFC Infinia credit card after November 20, 2019, will get an invitation to apply for this card within 15 days of the card issuer. Those who have been issued cards before that date – I am sorry for them!
2. What is the validity, and when will a customer get the card?
The validity is only 1 year, and unfortunately, the membership cannot be renewed even at the cost of fees! Enjoy everything in the only first year!
3. What are the rules and regulations for applying for this card?
First, you will get information and an invitation through SMS or email. Next, you have to click on that link to visit their partner web page and fill in some credentials like email id, registered mobile number, etc.
4. How to know that one has successfully done registration?
Once the form is filled up, you will get a notification from email@example.com within 3 days of registration. And the physical kit is delivered within 15 days.
It does not matter whether the card exists in real life or not – but if we assume that the card is really introduced in the market, should we apply for this card or not. Here the answer cannot be given properly. Because when we judge a card, we generally focus on the fees/benefits ratio.
But here, we know neither the ‘actual’ fees nor ‘actual’ benefits – everything is our assumption. But if these assumptions are true, then there should be no question of applying for this card. There are enough leading banks available that offer great rewards and benefits at lower fees.
I hope you have understood everything, see you again later!!