Want To fly high! Seriously, I have never seen such a credit card that gives almost every reward as air miles – flight distance. So, travel more, enjoyment is far more! But the question is, why should one choose this card if he/she has already owned a card because there is something fishy in this card! Why not look at the ‘hands-on experience with Amex Jet airways credit card’ to know the reality? I think you will understand the whole reason for taking this card after reading the review further.
- Get up to 10000 air miles as a welcome gift on the first flight – booking.
- Get 8 Airmiles extra flight distance on every expense value of Rs 150.
- Get 16 Airmiles extra flight distance on every expense value of Rs 150 on booking flights from intermiles.com.
- 24 x 7 hours concierge service, which is very common to every premium card.
- Up to 20% discount can be availed in selected restaurants.
- Be a member of the iPrefer Elite program from your preferred hotels.
- 0% charge is applied to refuelling from the HPCL fuel station.
You might be astonished to see that the reward programs are too short to expect. No bonus points, no extra rewards, and facilities are provided except the air miles. But if you look more closely, you will find that it maintains the purpose it was introduced to.
What Is The ‘InterMiles’ Program?
Amex Jet Airways had collaborated with the ‘InterMiles’ company to offer some extra flight distances in terms of ‘miles’ – not any other unit. The word ‘intermiles’ means that the rewards are interchangeable according to the currency of a particular country. You need not be worried about the flight distance rewards or others.
Who Should Opt For This Credit Card?
This question is more applicable to this card. Too narrow fields of rewards and facilities are not attractive to a mass number of people. But, it is not rejected at all. People who love to travel a lot may love this card for its vast rewards on the flight. This card suits them for people who want to travel but are concerned about the fare or charges.
If you look at the rewards program more carefully, you will find that no reward points in cash or discount are available in any case. Thus, making a single-purpose credit card. But at this present timeline, many of us don’t like to take such a credit card because we need a credit card that serves multiple purposes in our daily life.
So, the card is useless? No, absolutely not. The card indirectly targets fancy, rich persons. Wondering why! They know very well that you will not take a credit card for a single purpose, suggesting that you are a considerate person. But a fancy person is not too concerned about savings. They will apply for this card as a secondary card or an extra card besides a primary one. Thus, they overcome the issue of the primary card with this one – covering all the facilities and aspects they want from a credit card. It is not for a middle-class family or a considerate person.
Why Is This Better Than Other Cards?
Not only Amex but other banks also offer Jetmiles or Airmiles. Let’s see Amex is best or not.
Features And Benefits
I don’t think there are such things for discussing over this point. Some premium accesses and a minimal reward space are there. Still, travel – lovers should see how much they will be benefited from this card.
i. Travel More From Rewards
The only reward obtained from this card is air miles. So, they emphasized the number of rewards, not the type of rewards. You will get 8 and 16 air miles on every expense value of Rs 150 at normal flight booking and on intermiles.com.
ii. 24 x 7 Hours Personal Concierge Service
This is a common feature of this credit card. If you are not an expert on flight bookings, reservations of a table, event/ shows, gift deliveries – don’t worry! You can get 24×7 hours of advice about those by contacting them. Everything will be done via phone call.
iii. Access To Complimentary Airport Lounge
Like other premium credit cards, you will get airport lounge access in a few domestic partnered departures at Amex airport.
iv. Access To Special Features
- Fly more distance than usual,
- Get some extra privileges in restaurants and hotels,
- And of course concierge service.
- Be a member of the iPrefer Elite tier program from your preferred hotels.
- Don’t be worried about the fuel charge – you will have not to pay anything if you refuel from HPCL.
Eligibility Criteria And Documents Required
Though the rewards are limited, the eligibility criteria are much more than usual. Check these before going further:
- You have to be above 18 years old.
- You should have a savings account or bank account in an Indian or multinational’s bank.
- Self–employed or salaried, whatever it is – your personal income should be 6 lacs or above in an annum.
- If you are self–employed, you have to make sure that your company has been trading for more than 12 months.
- You should have a good credit history and no pending payments till the time you have applied for.
- You should be an Indian.
- Identity proof– you can choose any of the following- PAN card, AADHAR card, Voter Id slip as proof.
- Address/residence proof– An address proof is also required. You can choose any of the following-ration card bills of the telephone exchange, gas connection bill, electric bill, or anything.
- Income proof – Another important document is income proof, and you can show the Latest pay slip of three months, Form 16, or anything as income proof.
How To Apply For This Credit Card Card?
- Go to the official website www.americanexpress.com. You will find some questions are asking for details. Fill very carefully.
- In the second step, you have to fill in some other fields – mobile number, PAN number, pin code, Net annual income, and so on. Keep all the documents ready in your hand to avoid an error.
- Fill the forms very carefully. And also, read all the disclaimer terms and conditions before applying.
I am not describing all the points for applying for the card. It is a quite simple process. Fill in the form and enter the following form by clicking on the “next” button. Remember- forms will be rejected in case of any false information.
There are similar level cards that are giving head-to-head competition with this card:
1. What is the credit limit of this card?
It depends on income stability, annual income, and much more. Generally, it is 30 lacs. But it totally depends upon the bank’s decision.
2. Does the card support a contactless facility?
Yes, from 2017 onwards, this facility has started. The symbol on the front side, as well as the backside, supports my answer.
3. Can I get the fuel surcharge to waive off?
Yes. If you refuel from the HPCL fuel station, you have nothing to pay.
Whether you should go for this card or not, the time of taking the ultimate decision has come. If you are a thirsty traveller, you may go for this card instead of others. This card will give you more benefits in terms of flight distance than others. It is up to you to choose for.