It was 2019 when the JCB card was launched under the Rupay network in India, and the same repetition happens in the last year, i.e. 21st December 2020. Yes, that was the Rupay select card via the Central bank of India in collaboration with the National Payments Corporation of India. Focusing on the customers’ health, wellness and some fancy practices, this card has the power to beat any other credit or debit cards. In the topic- “Rupay select credit/debit cards launched in India: some opinions”, we will discuss some benefits and key features based on their proposed plans (as the card is not popular and has not been implemented havoc).
Key – Highlights Rupay Select Cards
may be loved by some fancy as well as the health and beauty concerned people.
- Fitness and meditation sessions from home – you need not go anywhere.
- Enjoy 12 spa sessions and 1 wellness treatment every year across 100+ outlets.
- Build your muscle and body with a 15 to 30 days free trial at selected gym centres!
- The facility of regular health checkups is also an attractive feature.
- Enjoy 20+ premium golf courses and one golf lesson every year at the esteemed golf centre.
- Visit the domestic and international lounge and priority pass membership – also a plus point.
More About Rupay Credit Cards
Actually, there are three variants of Rupay credit cards –
- Rupay classic credit cards: You can grab attractive deals and offers at merchant terminals and the online market. Phishing is prevented from this card that makes it more secure. And there is a good insurance coverage amount of Rs 20 lakh.
- Rupay Platinum credit card has multiple features, and the reward programs are more expanded. You can earn cashback, welcome gifts and more rewards from the daily expense, dining and paying utility bill payments. Also, an insurance coverage amount of Rs 20 lakhs can be provided.
- Rupay select credit card: This is the credit card of our topic. It comes with a lot of offers and premium features along with 24×7 hours of concierge service. But in some fields, it compromises a little bit.
Which Banks Provide Rupay Credit Card?
1. IRCTC Rupay SBI Credit Card
SBI has launched this credit card under the Rupay network in collaboration with IRCTC. Let us discuss some benefits of it –
- The joining fee is only Rs 300, and this can be waived off under some circumstances. But this facility is applicable up to 31st
- For every expense value of Rs 150, 1 reward point can be awarded to you.
- Only a 1% fuel surcharge is applied.
- Extra, 10% cashback, can be gifted if you purchase railway tickets from the official website irctc.co.in.
2. PNB RuPay Selects Credit Card
People who cannot afford much or does not want to spend much in credit cards. But they have not to compromise with rewards.
- If you do the first transaction using a credit card, you can get 300+ reward points.
- You can gain access to lounges – whether it is domestic or international.
- Rewards can be earned in various ways like utility bills, grocery items and other items.
3. CANARA RuPay Select Credit Card
The specialities are listed below –
- 2 reward points can be awarded for every expense value of Rs 100.
- Enjoy grace period ranges between 10 – 50 days.
- Complimentary lounge access in domestic and international lounges.
- Attractive insurance of coverage amount up to Rs 10 lakhs can be claimed.
4. UNION Bank RuPay Select Credit Card
In collaboration with NPCI, Union bank has launched this credit card and has the following benefits –
- 4 reward points can be awarded for every expense value of Rs 100.
- Using this card, you will get up to 5% cashback from paying utility bills, transferring money, and much more.
- You can access 4 lounges for free every year.
- In case of the primary cardholder’s death, family members will get an insurance coverage amount of Rs 10 lakhs.
Rewards On Rupay Credit Cards
There was no information mentioned for Rupay select debit cards, but the same is available for a credit card. So, let’s discuss those.
Features And Benefits On Rupay Credit Cards
As this card was introduced by focusing on health, beauty and fancy practices, benefits and facilities are also based.
1. Rewards program: Every credit or debit card try to offer good rewards to attract customers. This happens, as you can see from the previous point about the rewards availability and its type. Starting from welcome benefits and till expensing at the dining – every time you will be awarded something.
2. Lounge access: You will get priority pass membership and 8 airport lounge visits, and 30 domestic airport lounge access across 11 cities every year. And for international lounges, you will get 4 free lounge visits at 500+ lounges situated in 300 cities worldwide.
3. Health and beauty services: The most important point should be this point. Here is the list of what you will get after applying for this card –
- 12 Spa sessions and 1 wellness treatment every year.
- Regular health checkup for keeping you healthy.
- A 15 – 30 days free trial is offered in the gym centre.
- From your home, you can attend meditation and fitness lessons.
4. 24 X 7 hours concierge service: Like every other card, you can get advice regarding hotel booking, table reservation, dining, car rentals, international gift deliveries, consultancy services and much more from your home.
5. Good Insurance coverage: At the point of view of low fees, the insurance coverage amount is good – Rs 10 lakhs. And this insurance is provided in both the accidental case as well as a permanent physical disorder.
6. Global acceptance of cards: Rupay select credit card is accepted worldwide where the Rupay enabled POS terminals and ATM are present. Also, International Rupay cards are widely accepted at ICS terminals situated over 39.3 million outlets and at 2 million ATMs situated in more than 185 countries.
Charges On Rupay Credit Cards
The charges are low compared to other credit cards, which offer almost the same features. Let us elaborate on the charges in great detail.
Rupay Select Credit Cards Are Better Than Credit Cards
The debit card has more focused on a person’s health and beauty habits, and of course, one or two additional services are also provided.
Features And Benefits Of RuPay Select Debit Card
Like the credit card, it also provides some good features.
- Meditation and fitness program: You can attend any fitness program like meditation from the esteemed fitness centre from your home. You need not go anywhere for training your mind concentration and fitness of your health.
- Spa services: You can spa yourself with holistic spa sessions at 100+ premium beauty parlours once every month, which means 12 spa sessions in a year. Apart from this, you can get one complimentary wellness treatment every year.
- Build your body: Get enrolled in any esteemed gym centre and get a 15 – 30 days free trial.
- Golf services: You can enjoy golf rounds and lessons from more than 20 premium golf courses. Plus, you will get the opportunity to get one golf round every year.
- Lounge access and membership: If you have the priority pass membership, you will access more than 1200 lounges in different cities and countries.
- In case of any accidental case, your family will get insurance coverage amount up to Rs 10 lakhs.
- Concierge services are also available for guiding you from your home.
What Are The Banks That Provide Rupay Debit Card?
- Jana Small finance selects a debit card: With everything the same, this bank offers you more services from their side.
- Indian bank Rupay selects a debit card: Another Rupay debit card providing bank that offers more security of customer information is the Indian bank Rupay debit card.
- Outside India, no information of transaction can be spread – making it more private to customers.
- The charges of the transaction are lower than any other competitors.
- A stolen or lost card can be unblocked by only paying Rs 50.
Why RuPay Debit Cards Are Better Than Other Debit Cards?
Eligibility Criteria And Documents Required For RuPay Debit Cards
- You have to be in between 18 and 65 years of age.
- You should have an account in the Central bank of India.
A proof of identity, proof of address/residence is sufficient for applying for this card. You can choose anyone for each case from the below list:
- AADHAR card, PAN card, Voter card slip, driving license – for identity proof.
- Ration card, water bill, gas connection bill, the electric bill – for address proof.
- Form 16 or last 2 months payslip – for income proof.
How To Apply For This Card?
- Go to the official website www.Rupay.co.in. Click on the button “APPLY NOW”. You will find some questions are asking for details. Fill very carefully.
- In the second step, you have to fill in some other fields – mobile number, PAN number, pin code, Net annual income, and so on. Keep all the documents ready in your hand to avoid an error.
- Fill the forms very carefully. And also, read all the disclaimer terms and conditions before applying.
I am not describing all the points for applying for the card. It is a straightforward process. Just you have to fill up every detail in the form and go to the next steps by clicking on “save and next” or whatever the button appears to you. Remember- forms will be rejected in case of any false information.
Who Should Opt For This Card?
See, this card is introduced for the beauty and health concerned people. And the rewards program is designed based on this factor. So, it makes sense that those who are regular customers will not be benefited much. But the fees are affordable to common people. And the most interesting thing is that you will get the opportunity to enjoy golf rounds and lessons plus lounge access both domestic and international at this minimal fee. So, a travel lover may apply for this card but may not be satisfied. So, only those who love to keep their body glowing and want to be fit are the main users of this card. Plus, they will get some additional rewards on buying something or at dining.
1. What is the credit limit of this card?
Seriously, no bank discloses this information. Because they check your usage pattern, income, credit history and much more, so, it depends.
2. What is the customer care number of this card?
The number is 1800 222 368 where you can contact for any emergency services and any concierge services.
3. Why are RuPay cards fast in a transaction?
Only one reason for multiple questions – the card is introduced for the domestic transaction. So, the traffic of many transactions is less as the international transactions are automatically filtered out.
Here, after the long discussions about this card, you might be thinking about whether you should not apply for this card or not. As I told you before, every card has target customers. The cards are introduced keeping in mind their customers’ choice and fond. So, if you belong to a group of fancy persons but don’t want to spend much more, you can definitely go for this card.