Many of us may not have heard about the JCB cards; well it is because it was launched just 2 years ago – in 2019. So, it will take time to gain its popularity, but the implementation has already started because SBI has joined with JCB under the Rupay network. There is always a big question among us whether a new novice should apply or not. The company has not disclosed enough information. Here we represent some discrete review opinions and what we know so far in “JCB Cards in India: Some opinions and discussions”.
In this article
- 15% and 30% cashback on any ATM and POS transaction.
- 30% cashback on visiting popular places.
- Attractive offers and discounts are available both in online and offline shopping.
- Lounge access to selected airports.
- Unlock access to JCB Plaza lounges in the USA, France, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Korea.
Since we know very little about it and the card is not implemented in the full phase, the rewards program described below is short. Take a look over that.
History And About Launch The Card
In 2019, the credit card was launched, and after some time, SBI has also joined with JCB and NPCI to make widespread use of it. As per record, at the end of March 2020, it has about 27.81 crore customers, and under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana, the bank issued debit cards to almost 11.28 eligible customers. So, you can check the popularity and usage percentage at all.
Features And Benefits
Not much is disclosed explicitly by the bank itself; you have to apply for the card to know the benefits! But still, there are some common benefits which may be helpful to you.
- Rewards: Good rewards always attract us – here you can see there are rewards in shopping, visiting the popular place, ATM and POS transactions and much more. So, from the point of view of rewards, the card does not lag.
- Lounge access: Yes, the card offers you lounge access to some selected airports. But what are those, and how many times you will get the lounge access are not disclosed yet.
- Dual paying mode: Like every other card, you will have both the contact and contactless facility.
- Other facilities: You may have other facilities like hotel booking, concierge service, exclusive experience abroad and much more.
- In-city lounge facilities: Cardholders can refresh themselves, their mind in Paris, Los Angeles, Singapore, Hong Kong, Bangkok and other open city areas. They can rest at convenient places, leave baggage, get assistance with bookings, and use Wi-Fi.
After reading the whole article, you are still in doubt whether you should apply for this card or not. You have to apply for this card by visiting its official site of JCB, but remember as the card is new you may be a rewardee or a victim of this card.
So, according to experts, if you are new to a credit card, please don’t think about this card. There are many cards available, and if you trust SBI, cards are available from SBI also, which have a great reputation and many active users.