Love earning reward points? Well, around 76000 rewards you can earn in a year by paying only Rs 2000 in a year. Sounds good? Yes, 8 times free lounge access, 12 free movie tickets, dining, flight booking offers – summing it up, you will get a complete sound package with RBL platinum maxima card. But is the card suits you? Do you like something different? What are the similar cards you can apply – everything you can know – sit properly and start scrolling to know “RBL bank platinum maxima credit card review”!
In this article
- Good reward points may be a good reason for applying.
- You can save up to Rs 23250 in a month by gaining around 76000 reward points in a year.
- Buy one, get one free ticket from BookMyShow every month.
- Almost at every airport and lounge inside India, you can access it 8 times a year.
Let’s talk about how much the reward points you will get and how much you can save money in a whole year.
But how can you use the reward points, and where you can apply those?
Features And Benefits
1. Rewards program: You can see that there are a quite good collection of rewards programs. Whether you expense at normal daily activities or dining, international items, paying bills – you will get exciting rewards, and the reward rate is quite good. Even if you complete some milestone, you also get a solid amount of reward points.
2. Amazing discounts: By using this credit card, you can avail a good discount on shopping, dining, travelling and much more things.
3. Free movie ticket: Whenever you are trying to entertain yourself, book movies from BookMyShow! Because if you do so by using this card, you will get 1 free movie ticket. But remember, you can save up to Rs 200 in a month – whatever the number of movie tickets you book. And the discount is counted on only one movie ticket.
4. Lounge access: In every year, you will get 8 domestic lounge and airport visits. But no international lounge access is granted, and the Mastercard offers the lounge access.
5. No liability charge is applied if you lost the card and reported to the bank within 24 hours.
6. Convert any significant amount of purchases into a small affordable amount of monthly instalments.
7. You can assign the credit limit on your card. You have to call the customer care service, which is open 24 x 7 hours.
8. You can transfer balances from other banks into this bank.
Fees And Charges
Who should opt for this card?
This card is introduced for those persons who travel within the country, frequent cinema hall visitors! There is no cashback or discount as a reward – you can enjoy all benefits and earn reward points in return for that. So, according to some people, this scheme may not be liked. They do not love rewards – they want to avail of something at a lower price, and discounts and offers matter much.
But if you are among those groups of people who want to enjoy everything that the card offers at any cost – you may apply for this card. Because at the end of the day, you are gaining cashback in the form of rewards, and you have to apply those rewards in the right place and plan everything according to that.
Why is this card better than other cards?
Eligibility Criteria And Documents Required
- You have to be above 18 years old – if you are adding – on the member. And for primary cardholders, you should be between 18 to 75 years old.
- You have to be Indian.
- There is an option for a term deposit scheme – you can lock your money for a temporary period. But only an individual term deposit (TD) is allowed; you cannot create it with add-on members. And the minimum amount of term deposit is Rs 15000.
Here are the list of the following documents –
- Identity proof– you can choose any of the following- PAN card, AADHAR card, Voter Id slip as proof.
- Address/residence proof– An address proof is also required. You can choose any of the following-ration card bills of the telephone exchange, gas connection bill, electric bill, or anything.
- Income proof – Another essential document is income proof, and you can show the Latest pay slip of three months, Form 16, or anything as income proof.
Cards similar to this card
How to apply for this card?
- Go to the official website www.rblbank.com. There will be some questions which require some details. Fill very carefully.
- In the second step, you have to fill in some other fields – mobile number, PAN number, pin code, Net annual income, and so on. Keep all the documents ready in your hand to avoid an error.
- Fill up everything in the form. Don’t provide any false information because that will lead to the cancellation of the application. And yes, before submitting, read all the terms and conditions carefully.
Not everything about the application process is required for elaboration because you have to fill it up according to your condition and details. Fill in the form and enter the next step by clicking on a button that may appear at the bottom of the page. Be very careful while giving information – because the application process will be rejected if you provide false information.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can the annual fees be waived?
The bank has not mentioned any conditions about waiving off the annual fees.
2. Can I use this card for international purposes?
Yes, you can.
3. Can this card be a perfect choice for spending internationally?
From the point of view of the card’s acceptability, there is no constraint about using the card internationally. But the question is how much it would be wise to choose this card. Well, in that case you have to judge both the rewards and charge. Yes, you will get more rewards at international expenses than domestic expenses – i.e2.5 reward points per Rs 100. But you should also keep in mind that you have to expense at a more rate than the domestic ones – i.e. 3.95% – so ultimately you have to pay 1.95%! So, you can use this card – but that will not give you many benefits
4. How can the reward points be used?
You can use the reward points on booking flights, hotels, dining and much more. To know more, refer to the rewards section.
Disadvantages Of Using This Card
- Unlike other credit cards, there is no scope of waiving the annual fee – whatever you have spent in a year.
- Every time you refuel your engine, you have to pay 1% of the refuelling cost. Here also, no option is available to waive off charges.
- The biggest demerit of this card is, you cannot access international lounges and airports. At the same time, other credit cards offer international lounges.
By reading this article, the picture should be clear about this card. Neither you can neglect the disadvantages, nor you can deny by seeing the advantages only. What you can do is – you can tally the rewards/fees ratio and then take the decision.
I tried to make sure that all the essential and main things are covered within this article. See you in another article!