Procuring a home requires performing a thorough background check of the seller and the property. It involves checking the monetary and financial liabilities in any related to the property. Encumbrance certificate (EC) is evidence that stands as paperwork that can be used to look if a property has a clear title. This can then assure that the transfer of property can take place without any trial. This certificate mentions all the financial and legal transactions done against the property. But these records can be asked for a specified period of time only. In Andhra Pradesh, the Registration and Stamp Department delivers the encumbrance certificates through their online portal. In this article, we would discuss how to get an encumbrance certificate for Andhra Pradesh both online and offline?
So with this, we should dive deep into it and understand the importance of the encumbrance certificate:
- Encumbrance Certificate includes the property owner’s name to ensure that you are dealing with the legal owner.
- EC also contains details of a property, such as the property area, total floors in the building, and many more.
- Transactions involving the property as a medium are also mentioned in EC. The details of the transaction are mentioned in the form of the occurrence with time.
- Any mortgage and gift deed will be listed too.
Before going through the procedure for applying it on the online portal, let us get familiar with the application fee for the encumbrance certificate. Fee for performing search and issuance of Encumbrance certificates in Andhra Pradesh are as follows for reference:
- A certificate for a service of 30 years of past data, it usually costs about 200 rupees, excluding taxes.
- Furthermore, a certificate for more than 30 years accounts for 500 rupees, excluding taxes.
How To Get Encumbrance Certificate For Andhra Pradesh Through Online Mode
Below is the procedure to get an Encumbrance Certificate for Andhra Pradesh
1. Visit The Official Portal of Andra Pradesh
2. Choose Online Option
4. Enter Details
6. Select EC Option
7. Fill The Details
On the page to which you are redirected, fill in the following details to obtain encumbrance, and choose the submit option.
- Document number of property
- Registration year of the property
- SRO name or code for the property
8. Select Signed Or Unsigned Certificate
9. Obtain The Certificate
Encumbrance Certificate For Andhra Pradesh Through Offline Mode
1. Application form which can be downloaded from the link: https://ap.meeseva.gov.in/DeptPortal/Application%20Forms%20New/Registrations-pdf/Encumbrance%20Certificate.pdf
2. A self-attested copy of Address proof of the applicant.
3. Mentioning the Property address. survey number, document/part number for the property you want the encumbrance certificate.
4. Duration for which the EC is needed
5. Applicable fees based on duration applied.
6. A scanned copy of the sale deed of the stated property. (anyone deed for the land you want to purchase not necessarily belonging to present the last or latest one)
7. The objective behind the application of the EC.
8. A canceled copy of Power of Attorney, in case of application, is generated by the attorney holder
9. A self-attested copy Aadhaar card
10. Property card if available in the region
Office of the Commissioner and Inspector General of Registration and Stamps where you can post the application is:
5-59, R.K.Spring Valley Apartments,
Edupugallu, Kankipadu Mandal,
A.P, Vijayawada – 521151
Once you have applied for the Encumbrance CertificateWhat would be the processing time to get the certificate:
- I opted for an Offline process. It usually 15 days to 20 days to get the request processed.
- And if an Online process is used, then the certificate can be obtained within two days.
The Andhra Pradesh government has provided a brilliant opportunity for the state’s people to have a hassle-free and legal document for the buyers to stay safe from frauds. And we should definitely use their online services to have an encumbrance certificate. As modernization of government services has created a transparent process without providing a chance of corruption to take place. You can also get an encumbrance certificate for Telangana, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka.