Having a home requires almost patience and verification about the property and seller, which can be done through background checks. This includes examining the monetary and financial liabilities related to the property you are looking to own. Encumbrance certificate (EC) is that formal proof for the property. It prevails in a legal document that can be used to check the property title, ownership, and the mortgages that it has gone through. This certificate comprises all the financial and legal transactions from when the property was legalized into existence. In Andhra Pradesh, the Registration and Stamp Department delivers the encumbrance certificates through their online portal. This article will discuss how to get an encumbrance certificate for Karnataka, both online and offline?
Importance Of Encumbrance Certificate
In this article
- Encumbrance Certificate includes the property owner’s name to ensure that you are dealing with the legal owner.
- EC also contains details of a property, such as the property area, total floors in the building, and many more.
- Transactions involving the property as a medium are also mentioned in EC. These transaction details are given in order. Here the latest transaction details are mentioned first, followed by older ones.
- Any mortgage and gift deed will be listed too.
Before proceeding with the application, we should look into the fees applicable to get the certificate. What are the application fees for Encumbrance Certificate for Karnataka?
- The fee for the application form is Rs. 5 in the online mode.
- Then comes the charges for the search of records. For the Search of first-year, details are costs Rs. 30.
- With every subsequent inclusion of a year in the search, it costs around 10 Rs.
So, details in the last 30 years on the property would cost approximately RS. 325
Suppose you want to go and have your EC quickly and easily apply through the online mode. It provides a much faster response than offline mode.
How To Get an Encumbrance Certificate For Karnataka Through Online Mode?
1. Visit The Kaveri Portal
2. Create An Account
3. Pay The Fee
4. Get Transaction Acknowledgments
6. Get Encumbrance Certificate
But some people do not like to have these processes online due to some fears or certain circumstances that they can not overcome. So if you are that kind of person, then follow the procedure to obtain the certificate through offline mode. If from Tamil Nadu
How To Get Encumbrance Certificate For Karnataka Offline?
1. To have EC by an offline mode, you are required to submit a duly filled form No. 22.
2. You need to attain a Rs 2 non-judicial stamp. This has to be attached with the application form you just filled.
3. Then, you needed to provide a complete residential address for which you want the certificate and the reason for which the certificate is applied.
4. Then, you have to include the survey number and the location of the property. It is crucial to also quote the period from which you want EC to be provided.
5. Self-attested copies of your ID proof and your current residential address proof.
6. After all the paperwork, you need to submit the forms to the concerned officer at the SRO (Sub-Registrar Office) that can be searched online or through a customer care number.
7. You have to spend the required fee to have a copy of the EC. The fee depends upon the number of years for which the EC has been asked.
8. The fee for 1st year lies between Rs 15 and Rs 50. For every extra year, the fee increases by 5 to 10 Rs.
But the time taken to get an EC statement is usually long, that could go up to 30 days. But there are high chances of getting the same in between 15- 30 days.
How To Track The Status Of Encumbrance Certificate Of Karnataka Online?
Follow the steps given below to know the status of your encumbrance certificate application:
i. Visit the Kaveri Online Services portal by clicking the link: https://kaverionline.karnataka.gov.in.
ii. Log in with your username and password on the portal.
iii. On the redirected page, click on the ‘Online EC application’ option from the ‘Service Type’ section drop-down menu.
iv. If the certified copy of the Encumbrance Certificate is available online, it will show on the portal, and then you will be able to download the same.
Rapid development in Karnataka’s services through the online mode has eased getting the documents like encumbrance certificate for a property. This has to lead to timely delivery of the services and under the table corruption while availing them through offline mode. You can also get an encumbrance certificate for Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.