As time has passed, HDFC Bank Add-On Credit Card has quite taken over the market and has become popular all over the nation. This credit card is also known as the supplementary credit card, which the family members issue as a cardholder of a primary person. On this HDFC Bank Add On Credit Card, the HDFC Bank provides the add-on credit card facility for easy shopping for every family member. All these add-on credit cards are very easily available, but also, they are available for free of cost. With that, this HDFC Bank Add-On Credit Card is full of many privileges, and it is very easily available. Let’s review the card in detail.
- With this HDFC Bank Add On Credit Card, you can access the card on an international level online and offline.
- The card also offers the privileges of getting many discounts, reward points, and gifts.
- You also need to maintain your respectable credit score to get eligible for the HDFC Bank Add On Credit Card.
- It gives you the feature of tracking all you’re the details of your credit card status before you receive your card.
- All the bill payments have to be done by the primary cardholder
Whenever you use your HDFC Bank Add On Credit Card, all your reward points will automatically get credited to your account. But on every transaction, your reward points will vary or even differ on the type of credit card you use, and with that, also it depends on the pattern of your expenditures. After the duration of time, if your reward points are enough into your credit card account, likewise, you will be able to redeem them in contradiction of multiple gift vouchers and merchandise.
How can you redeem the reward points from HDFC Bank Add-On Credit Card?
You can redeem the reward points with the HDFC Bank Add On Credit Card offline as well as online. And if you want to redeem your reward points online, then you need to follow the below process: –
- First, you will have to log in to your net banking account of HDFC Bank Add On Credit Card.
- After that select, the option ‘Redeem Reward Points from the left side of the navigation bar.’
- Then select the card, and after that, you will be taken to the rewards redemption portal.
- After this, select ‘Point Range’ and ‘Item Category’ to see your catalog of the redemption of rewards.
- After choosing the items you have already redeemed your points, you can select the link of ‘View Shopping Cart’ to look at all your selected items. With that, you can modify the list by quantity just by clicking on ‘Edit.’
- After you submit, all the items will be received by you at the mentioned address. But always remember that you cannot cancel those redeem points.
- Also, you will have to keep your redemption order number which is created for reference.
You can also redeem offline, and the process will be, you will have to fill out the redemption form and then mail it to the bank. You can also download the redemption form from the official website of HDFC Bank.
Features And Benefits
i. You can share with your primary card that would be the credit limit with the add-on credit card.
ii. The HDFC Bank Add-On Credit Card can be accessed worldwide, in India, and abroad for any lifestyle facility like shopping. This facility is offered on all the international facility payments, which must be empowered on the primary card.
iii. With the primary card, you can share the waiver limit on fuel surcharge on the HDFC Bank Add-On Credit Card.
iv. As just a single consolidated summary, you can have the HDFC Bank Add-On Credit Card’s statement, which has to be sent to the primary cardholder.
v. On the HDFC Bank Add-On Credit Card, it is very easy for all the primary cardholders to manage the expenditure made on the card.
vi. To get access to some excellent discounts, you need to earn the reward points with HDFC Bank Add-On Credit Card.
Fees And Charges
All the charges and fees are applicable to the HDFC Bank Add-On Credit Card, similar to the primary card they are charged with.
Other than the annual fee and joining fee, which has some common charges and apply to all the cards that HDFC Bank presents. Below are the mentioned charges and fees:
Eligibility and Documents Required
To have this HDFC Bank Add-On Credit Card, the applicant needs to accomplish some of the conditions:
HDFC Bank also asks the applicant to give in any of the photo ID credentials that have been listed below to get an add-on credit card: –
i. Any government organization ID card with photo and signature of the applicant
- PAN Card.
- Student ID card (wherever applicable).
- Senior Citizen ID Card (if applicable).
- Club membership ID card (with a photo of the applicant).
- Workplace/College photo ID card.
- Railway Station Pass ID (recognized by the government).
- OBC photo card.
- Driver’s License or Learner’s License.
- Ration Card (with applicant’s name).
- Passbook bearing a photo of the applicant.
- Mediclaim/Insurance photo card.
- Voter’s ID Card.
ii. The bank questions candidates to submit copies of one of the following documents as proof of address: –
- Driver’s license.
- Senior citizens card from Indian Railways/Indian Airlines.
- Property tax receipt.
- Registration documents/ownership proof copy.
- Mobile post-paid bill.
- Society maintenance bill.
- Telephone bill (BSNL/MTNL).
- Letter from any recognized public authority.
- Water Bill.
- Letter from the society.
- Electricity Bill.
- Company ID card.
- Gas Bill.
- Voter’s ID.
- Bank account statement.
- LIC Premium Receipt.
- Address confirmation by the corporate on company letterhead as valid address proof.
- Ration card.
- Monthly outgoing bill from the registered housing society.
How To Apply For The Credit Card?
i. A candidate needs to visit the website for an offline process on mailer.hdfcbank.com and then download the form for application. After filling in all the details, the candidate can submit it to the nearest HDFC Bank.
ii. You can also compare and apply for the HDFC Bank Add-On Credit Card online through our website. You need to enter some basic information to check the eligibility for different credit cards. After you fill the form, you will know your eligibility, and then you can apply online directly.
Following are the steps to follow
Time Taken 3 minutes
1. Visit the site
Visit the official site of the HDFC Bank to start the credit card application process.
2. Enter Details
Step 2- Enter some of your basic information like occupation, residence pin code, monthly income, and contact number. You will now come across a list of different credit cards.
3. Choose preferred HDFC credit card
Look for your preferred HDFC credit card, which will be HDFC Bank Add-On Credit Card, and know your eligibility for the same by entering some more details.
4. Check Eligibility
If you are eligible then and then only you will be able to complete the online application process.
After this, you will receive a call from the bank, on which a field officer will ask you when to collect the documents from your doorstep. After the approval, the credit card will reach you within one week. You can also apply for HDFC Bank Add-On Credit Card online by just visiting the official website of the HDFC Bank or by visiting the nearestHDFC Bank branch.
Note: Some of the HDFC credit cards might not be available on some other unofficial site and might miss lead you, so always prefer to visit the official site for applying process. But if you are looking for some particular card, but it is not mentioned on the list, you can apply for the same card by visiting the nearest HDFC Bank branch or applying on the bank’s website.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. HDFC Bank Add-On Credit Card application can be track through which way?
You get a facility to call on the toll-free number 61606161 or 6160616 to know about your application’s status for the HDFC add-on credit card.
2. With the HDFC Bank Add-On Credit Card, how can you calculate your CIBIL score?
The history of expenditure with the HDFC Bank Add-On Credit Card and all the bills regarding it are somehow replicated on the primary cardholder’s account. Therefore, the CIBIL score has to be calculated through the source of the combined expenditure made via. primary card and the add-on cards.
3. With the HDFC Bank Add-On Credit Card, if the add-on cardholder cannot pay the bills or fees on time, does the credit score get affected?
Yes. Obviously, it does get affected. If the add-on cardholder is not able to pay the bills or fees on time, then the credit score of the primary cardholder will get affected.
4. As the primary cardholders, do the add-on cardholders get access to the same privileges?
Yes. The add-on cardholders get access to the same privileges the primary cardholders. But in some cases, some of the privileges do get limited to the primary cardholders only.
5. A primary cardholder can get access to keep of how many add-on credit cards?
A primary cardholder can get access to keep 1 to 5 add-on credit cards.
6. Which HDFC credit card is considered to be the best?
HDFC Bank provides a wide range of credit cards to meet various needs of cardholders. There are many different cards made for any kind of people and for various expenditure facilities, such as shopping, lifestyle, travel, dining, etc. It is also categorized as per the income type they fall into. You can opt for a credit card that meets your necessities.
7. In any case, if the HDFC Bank Add-On Credit Card is lost or even stolen, what can I do?
In such a kind of situation, you can communicate with the customer care administrative of the HDFC Bank at prefix STD Code, which is 6160-61616. The bank administrators will then direct you with the stages that need to be tracked.
8. For what reason my HDFC Bank Add-On Credit Card application get rejected?
There are many different kinds of reasons based on which the bank or the financial institution can discard or grip your credit card application. Some of the reasons include a low CIBIL Score or not meeting the eligibility requirement set by the bank.
The best option in this situation is to communicate with the bank administrators, and they will give you a suitable reason for rejection.
9. How can I change my old address to a new address in my HDFC Bank Add-On Credit Card?
You can change your old address to a new address by just visiting one of your nearest HDFC Bank branches or through net Banking. Once you login through net banking, there will pop-up with an option of Update Address on the top right.
10. How can I apply for HDFC Bank Add-On Credit Card?
You can apply for HDFC Bank Add-On Credit Card online or offline by visiting the official website or going to the nearest HDFC Bank branch.
Similar Credit Cards
The people who do not have any other credit cards, then here, have the best option to buy or have HDFC Bank Add-On Credit Card. Also, the people who have access to other cards should consider having HDFC Bank Add On Credit Card as it offers a hell out of vouchers, discounts, and reward points on everything.
So, why not opt for this HDFC Bank Add-On Credit Card rather than another!