Axis Bank introduced the FreeCharge plus credit card after the success of the FreeCharge credit card. They have partnered with FreeCharge to bring you a card to streamline your daily expenses. You can make hassle-free payments of utility bills, daily consumption, etc. You get a host of privileges and benefits with a credit card. In this article, I talk about the Axis Bank FreeCharge Plus Credit Card.
Key Highlights Of Axis Bank FreeCharge Credit Card
Rewards on Axis Bank FreeCharge Plus Credit Card
Now let’s look at some of the rewards of the credit card.
- Get Rs. 350 Myntra voucher. You can also get Rs. 350 Big Basket voucher. You can avail of these vouchers by making a transaction within 30 days using the credit card.
- Get a 5% cashback on spending through the Freecharge application.
- 2% cashback on local commuters like Ola, Uber, Shuttle, etc.
- 1% cashback on all other transactions. It is not applicable for Fuel, Wallet, EMI, etc.
- Extra 1% cashback on other transactions category. This offer only applies between Oct 13th to March 12th.
- The maximum cashback which can be earned is Rs. 500.
What makes Axis Bank FreeCharge Plus Credit Card better than others?
Let’s look at why we should opt for the Axis Bank FreeCharge Plus Credit Card.
i. The annual fee is very low. At the same time, other similar credit cards don’t have such low annual fees.
ii. You have to spend only Rs. 50,000 to get an annual fee waiver. If you spend regularly using the company card, it is easy to achieve. At the same time, other similar credit cards available in the market don’t have such facilities.
iii. You get 5% cashback on the FreeCharge app. This benefit is very rare with other credit cards.
iv. 2% cashback on Ola, Uber, and Shuttle. This is also a good reason to opt for these credit cards.
Who should Opt for Axis Bank FreeCharge Plus Credit Card?
This card is best for people who
- Are looking for a card for regular and daily expenses.
- Are frequent users of the FreeCharge app.
- Is looking for a world of cashback and voucher
- Uses local commuters like Ola, Uber, Shuttle, etc., for travel.
- Are looking for exciting cashbacks on their travels.
Axis Bank FreeCharge Plus Credit Card Features and Benefits
Now, let us see why you must take this credit card. We must take into consideration some important features and benefits of credit card.
- Get convenience in payment through the virtual credit card.
- You can earn an edge Reward point on completion of certain transaction milestones.
- You can get a 50% discount on an annual subscription of Eros.
- You can choose to redeem the reward point in more than 500+ shopping options.
- You can get a 20% discount on dining through the Dining Delight program. This offer is applicable at partnered restaurants.
Benefits (Annual Fee and Other)
- The annual fee of the Axis Bank FreeCharge plus credit card is very low. No other similar credit card available in the market has such low fees. Also, you get an Annual fee Waiver at a very low spend/transaction through the Credit Card.
- The Annual fee Waiver can be achieved by spending only Rs 50,000 using the credit card.
- Other fees like card replacement fee, duplicate statement fee, etc. are also waived off.
- An interest-free period of 50 days is available with the credit card.
Axis Bank FreeCharge Plus Credit Card Fees and Charges
The fees and charges of the credit card are as follows,
i. Joining Fee = Rs. 350+taxes.
ii. The annual fee for the first year = Rs. 0.
iii. The annual Fee from the second year onwards = Rs. 350+taxes.
iv. The cash Payment fee = Rs. 100.
v. You have to pay a financial change (retail purchase) at 3.40% per month. That is 49.36% per annum.
vi. You have to pay an over-limit charge of 3.00% of the total amount. A minimum amount of Rs. 500.
vii. A card replacement fee of Rs. 100 has to be paid.
viii. You are charged 2% of the total amount paid or a minimum of Rs. 450. This is applicable in the case of Cheque reversal or dishonor, or auto-debit reversal.
ix. In the case of foreign credit transaction, you have to pay 3.5% of the transaction amount.
x. The penalty for late payment is as follows.
- If the payment due is below Rs. 300, fees charged is Nil.
- If the payment due is between Rs. 301-500, fees charged is Rs. 100
- If the payment due is between Rs. 501-1000, fees charged is Rs. 500
- If the payment due is Rs 1001-10,000, fees charged is Rs. 750
- If the payment due is between Rs.10,001-25,000, the fees charged is Rs. 950
- If the payment due is between Rs. 25,001-50,000, the fees charged is Rs. 1000
- If the payment due is beyond Rs. 50,001, the fees charged is Rs. 1200
Axis Bank FreeCharge Plus Credit Card Eligibility and Document Required
As per the information provided on the Axis Bank Website, it is an invite-only credit card. It has been stated that customers who see the banner of the credit card in their free charge app are eligible for the credit card. Axis Bank, till now, has not disclosed any such eligibility criteria for the credit card.
i. Residential Proof
Any one of the following documents
- Aadhaar card
- Voter Id
- Ration Card
ii. Identity Proof
Any one of the following documents
- Voter Id
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving License
iii. Proof of Income
Any one of the following documents
- IT Return
- Form 16
- Salary Slip
How To Apply For The Axis Bank FreeCharge Plus Credit Card?
To apply for the Axis Bank FreeCharge plus credit card, follow the below steps,
a. Download the FreeCharge App
b. After opening the app, you will see options for various credit cards.
c. Click on Axis Bank FreeCharge Plus Credit Card.
d. To proceed, you have to complete the process of eligibility check.
e. If you are eligible, you will be asked to complete an application and submit the required details.
If your application is processed successfully, you will get both your virtual and physical credit card.
You can also visit the nearest bank branch to apply for the Credit Card.
How To Add The FreeCharge Plus Credit Card?
- Open the FreeCharge application on your smartphone.
- Tap on the menu button on the top left of the app.
- Tap on the Saved Card options.
- Now save the Axis Bank FreeCharge plus Credit Card in the application.
- Open the partnered website/app and tap on the payment options.
- Go to the wallet section on the website/app.
- Select FreeCharge, and you will find your Axis Bank Credit Card you save earlier.
- Now make the payment using the same credit card.
Note, You will only be able to pay on websites that have FreeCharge as a payment option.
How To Redeem My Earned eDGE Reward Point?
- Open the official website of edge Rewards.
- Register yourself on the website.
- Confirm yourself by entering the email id and password used in Axis Bank.
- A list of products will appear in front of you.
- Select the product you like and make a purchase using the reward points.
Axis Bank Mobile App
- First, on your smartphone, download the Axis Bank Mobile application.
- Open the application and head to the Reward section from the menu.
- Here you will find your earned reward points.
- Now you will be directed to the official eDGE reward website, where you can redeem your reward points.
Axis Bank Net Banking
- First, open the official website of Axis Bank and log in/register.
- Open the Account Summary page and select eDGE rewards.
- After accepting the terms and conditions, click on Redeem Now.
- The reward store will open on the screen.
- Select the items you like and purchase using the eDGE reward points.
Cards Similar To Axis Bank FreeCharge Plus Credit Card
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the interest-free period on this card?
The interest-free period on this credit card is between 20-50 days. It also depends on the date of the transaction.
2. What is the welcome gift on this credit card?
You will get an Rs. 350 Myntra voucher and an Rs. 350 Big Basket voucher as a welcome gift.
3. What are mobile alert charges on this credit card?
The charges for the mobile alert on the Axis Bank FreeCharge Plus Credit Card are waived off.
4. When will I receive the gift voucher from Myntra and Bigbasket?
After the application is approved and you receive your credit card. Once the credit card is activated, you will receive your voucher.
5. Does the FreeCharge Plus Credit Card come with Contactless Technology?
WiFi and a Chip are installed inside the Axis Bank FreeCharge plus credit card. Hence, one can pay by just a touch on the machine using a credit card.
6. When will I receive my Axis Bank FreeCharge Plus Credit Card?
After the successful process of your application from the bank. The credit card will be delivered to you within 14 business days.
7. What is the limit of Axis Bank FreeCharge Plus Credit Card?
Ans. The credit limit which is offered on the card depends on Axis Bank. The bank may take into consideration several factors before giving the credit limit. It includes your credit score, your repayment habits, and your income.
The Axis Bank FreeCharge Plus Credit Card might be a good choice for you as it offers a lot of reward/cashback. But it comes with one disadvantage as it does not offer an unlimited amount of cashback per month. The amount of cashback you received is fixed.