Make my trip – there is some smell of tour or trip in the name itself! How does it feel when you get some cash back or more rewards while booking flights or hotels? Did you forget to recharge your mobile number? And how it feels when the recharge is done automatically! Cool right? The ICICI bank has made a collaboration with MakeMyTrip to make your travel experience to the next level. Starting from luxurious dining and up to international expenses, everything is accompanied by good rewards. OLA rides are sometimes free, just like your mobile recharge and much more benefits.
But there are also another group of people who are looking for different rewards. Should they apply for this card? Will they be benefited from this card? To know all these types of questions – let’s dig into the topic “MakeMyTrip ICICI bank signature credit card review”.
There is something special in the whole rewards and benefits program that they provide –
- Attractive rewards rate on every purchase and some other activities like flight booking, hotel booking and much more
- 1 railway and 1 international free lounge visit and 2 more available by spending Rs 5000.
- Airtel roaming recharge of the amount up to Rs 3999 will be done on your registered airtel number.
- Up to Rs 150 discount can be availed on purchasing movie tickets every month.
- A low fuel charge is applied in case of refuelling from the HPCL petrol station.
- High-level security is also a key factor.
- Free OLA rides on every 5 paid rides.
- A 15% discount can be availed in the dining bills amount.
Attractive rewards are awarded in every step you make!
There will be some more talks we need to discuss the reward points. Every time we have used the term ‘my cash’ – it is a MakeMyTrip reward point whose value is Rs 1 per my cash point. And these my cashpoints are valid only for 1 year – so collect them as soon as possible!
- These cash points can be used in any place like e-commerce platforms, restaurants etc.
- The reward points are transferred to MyWallet. So, you have to apply to redeem rewards from the MakeMyTrip website manually.
Features And Benefits
1. Rewards program
From the previous point, you can notice so many opportunities for earning rewards. But you cannot earn any cashback or discount in your daily activities. However, this card is good for travel lovers, especially ‘luxury’ travel lovers. Moreover, you will get my cash points if a certain amount is expensed during a whole year.
You get a complimentary Dream Folks membership card. The USD 99 membership fee for the Dream Folks card is waived off.
2. Dreamfolks membership
You will get one complimentary International Airport lounge access in a year. This is only available for airports outside India, and it is valid only once every calendar year.
- You will get complimentary spa access across selected airports in India. This is valid once every calendar year.
- You will get exclusive offers in shopping and restaurants in different airports. You can check these offers in the Dreamfolksapplication.
3. MMTBLACK membership
You will get a complimentary MMTBLACK membership as a joining benefit.
- This is a spend-based loyalty program offered by this credit card. You earn My Cash for reaching various milestone levels.
- The minimum spending required to start earning from this program is Rs. 20,000.
- You can earn up to Rs. 25,000 My Cash.
- You will get access to the MakeMyTrip On-Trip travel hotline. Within this program, a customer service member will pick up your call within 30 seconds.
- If you reach Milestone level 6, you get a special premium customer service. It is dedicated 24×7 to customer service for pre and post-sales inquiries.
- You can get offers on flights, hotels, and holiday bookings.
4. MMT DOUBLEBLACK membership
You will get complimentary membership to the program. This is valid for one year from the date of enrollment.
- You can get a 100% refund on cancellation on a domestic hotel booking. It is valid for 1 room only, and you will get a refund for the first 2 bookings cancelled during the membership period.
- You can get a 100% refund on the cancellation of domestic flight bookings. It is valid for the first two flight booking cancellations during the offer period, and it is valid for the cardholder and one co-traveller. This also includes non-refundable flights.
5. DragonPass Membership
A credit card is not completed if it does not provide some facilities in the daily routine. That’s why you can get some benefits via DragonPass membership which cannot be earned directly. Here is the list of those things which you can do with this membership –
- You can enjoy 2 free airport spa visits every year.
- Some offers and extra benefits can be availed in selected premium restaurants.
- The membership holder can visit and relax at 450+ luxurious airports located in 115 nations and get a spa yourself at selected airports.
6. Discount On Movies
From BookMyShow and INOX, you will get up to a maximum 25% discount of Rs 150, if you purchase at least 2 movie tickets. You will get 2 chances to avail this offer.
7. Free OLA rides
Being an ICICI MakeMyTrip Signature cardholder, you can enjoy one free OLA rides on every 5 paid OLA rides. But remember, this offer is based on the MakeMyTrip platform and is only available in the OLA application.
8. Luxurious Dining Experience
At selected partner restaurants, you can avail a 15% discount on dining bill amounts and an immersive experience there. This card is accepted in more than 2500 hotels located in 12 cities in India.
9. Top-notch Security
The bank has looked into the security matter also. That’s why –
- You do not have to be worried about unauthorized transactions because the card comes with a built-in microchip.
- You need not provide a PIN for online transactions, but you have to enter a PIN at any other transaction, making it more secure and safe.
- For online transactions, there is a program called ‘3D secure’ – for online transactions, you may apply for that.
10. Minimum Fuel Charge
By using this card, only 1 % of the refuelling cost is charged from you until your total refuelling cost is less than Rs 4000. But you have to refuel from HPCL pumps because they have the ICICI Merchant services swipe machine.
11. Recharge is free
If you have Airtel mobile number registered with the bank account, then it may be an excellent advantage for you! Because ICICI bank offers up to Rs 3999 recharge of 10 days international roaming pack on your mobile number. But you have to book an international flight/hotel from MakeMyTrip only.
Fees And Charges
As expected, its fees are not too much – just like any mid-premium card.
Who should opt for this card?
By seeing the rewards and features, it is clear that travel lovers will appreciate this card because everything is related to travel and ride. It is a big question whether common people can apply for this card? How much will they be satisfied by applying for this card?
According to my knowledge, most common people are not too frequent travellers. So, it becomes meaningless to them to apply for this card because other cards are available that do a great job at the same fees.
But who frequently travel, visits lounges, and goes for dining and hotel, the card is like a best friend! By just paying the DragonPass membership fee and the joining fee, they can enjoy what they want. So, if you are that type of person – you should go for this card!
Why this credit card is better than other cards?
Eligibility Criteria And Documents Required
- You have to be above 18 years old.
- For a self-employed person, your income should be Rs 6,00,000, and for a salaried, it is Rs 4,20,000.
- If you are self–employed, you have to make sure that your company has been trading for more than 12 months.
- You should have a good credit history and no pending payments till the time you have applied.
- You should be an Indian.
Here are the list of the following documents
- Identity proof– you can choose any of the following- PAN card, AADHAR card, Voter Id slip as proof.
- Address/residence proof– An address proof is also required. You can choose any of the following-ration card bills of the telephone exchange, gas connection bill, electric bill, or anything.
- Income proof – Another important document is income proof, and you can show the Latest pay slip of three months, Form 16, or anything as income proof.
Cards Similar To This Card
Some competitors in the market are also good in features and offers.
How To Apply For This Card?
- Go to the official website www.icicibank.com. You will find some questions which are mandatory as they collect some of your details. Fill very carefully.
- In the second step, you have to fill in some other fields – mobile number, PAN number, pin code, Net annual income, and so on. Keep all the documents ready in your hand to avoid an error.
- Fill the forms very carefully. And also, read all the disclaimer terms and conditions before applying.
I am not describing all the points for applying for the card. It is a pretty simple process. Fill in the form and enter the next step by clicking on a button that may appear at the bottom of the page. Remember- forms will be rejected in case of any false information.
Frequently Asked Questions
There may be some doubts – let’s clear those
1. How can I get enrolled in the MMTDOUBLEBLCK program?
For enrolling yourself in this program, you do not have to do anything separately. Once you have paid the joining fees within 45 workdays, you will get a notification via e-mail or SMS, and there you will get the link for registering in that program.
2. Can add-on card members will have access to airport lounges?
It depends on the DragonPass membership. If enough visit top-up is available on your membership card, then it is ok. Otherwise, you have to pay something.
3. Is there any validity associated with reward points?
The reward points are valid only for 1 year. So, collect them before it gets too late.
4. How much income criteria are required?
Generally, it is decided at the time of applying for this card – but you can roughly take an amount of minimum of Rs 4 lakhs.
Advantages And Disadvantages
There are some pros and cons associated with it.
While you are looking after the merits and demerits, you can clearly understand how much it will be benefited for you. You have to identify which type of user you are, whether your lifestyle matches with the rewards or features of this card or not, and so many things. Based on these aspects, you have to decide whether you can afford the fees or not and the last is whether the card suits you or not.
I think you have gone through the article and saw the merits and demerits. Are you interested in more cards? Read more in the next article!