After buying a car, you have a huge expense on fuel. Again, the price hike of petrol and diesel makes it more miserable for you. You have decided to make payment via your normal credit card. But the problem has not been solved. On the other hand, you are not getting good benefits on buying grocery items or other miscellaneous items you need most. Well, you need to check the Citibank Indian Oil Platinum credit card and its review to make a solution to your problem.
Key Highlights Of Citibank Indian Oil Platinum Credit Card
Let us discuss some highlighting features provided by the Citibank Indian Oil Platinum credit card.
- Get up to 71 litres of free fuel per year.
- Get 250 turbo points as welcome gifts within 30 days from the card issuance date.
- No charges are applied on refuelling. Moreover, you are free to refuel from any fuel station – this will not hamper your rewards.
- Waive off annual fees on expensing Rs 30000 per year.
- You can get 4 turbo points on every expense value of Rs 150 on fuel. Total turbo points worth Rs 1600 can be earned on expense value of Rs 5000 on fuel.
- Not only fuel, you can earn rewards from buying grocery items, other miscellaneous items also. 2 Turbo points can be earned on an expense value of Rs 150 on grocery items. Total turbo points worth Rs 950 and Rs 1100 can be earned on expense value of Rs 6000 on grocery items and other items, respectively.
Rewards Of Citibank Indian Oil Platinum Credit Card
As the title suggests, the primary rewards are awarded, keeping the focus on ‘fuel.’ Still, some reward points and discounts are also available through this card. All types of rewards and their amounts are listed below:
What are the turbo points?
The turbo points are like a symbol of rewards. They are not direct cashback offer. But the turbo points are valuable in terms of cash. Every turbo point is worth Rs 1. If you redeem the turbo points, you can use them anywhere to get a good discount. Moreover, the turbo points never expire; you can redeem the rewards anytime.
Fees And Charges Of Citibank Indian Oil Platinum Credit Card
The credit card gains more popularity among common people due to its non-complexity in fees and charges. The basic rules for charging customer is almost same with others. The charges are not much.
Why is Citibank Indian Oil Platinum credit card better than other credit cards?
The credit card is for mid-budget users; the places of benefits may be less than others. But it is good where it gives the rewards. Let’s see the comparison between some mid-budget credit cards and Citibank Indian Oil Platinum credit cards.
Who Should Opt For Citibank Indian Oil Platinum Credit Card?
Since the income limit is not a constraint in the eligibility criteria, anyone can apply for this card. But who will be benefited most? People who have a private car or any vehicle enjoy the benefits mostly. This means the fuel cost is the most important thing for you because you travel by your own vehicle. It will be more beneficial for you if you get a credit card that gives you more rewards or returns while paying the fuel bill. Citibank Indian Platinum credit card may fulfill your wishes because it offers 71 litres of free fuel per year. Instead of this, it also offers 4 turbo points on every bill value of rupees 150.
Of course, a credit card is not only dedicated to fuel benefits! It also gives a good reward for buying grocery items or other miscellaneous items. [ See the whole rewards and their amounts in points 3]. To whom the fuel cost is really a thing of concern, they should be the main users of this card. They are not fancy persons- a normal lifestyle is good enough for them. They visit restaurants too often, do shopping less, travels very often. So, why would they rush towards a credit card that gives rewards on such things they don’t like? They would prefer such credit cards that give them more rewards or returns on their daily needs. Citibank Indian oil platinum credit card is one of them. If you are a person happy with a normal lifestyle, this credit card is highly recommended for you.
Features And Benefits Of Citibank Indian Oil Platinum Credit Card
Unlike other credit cards, it focuses on fuel benefits more, plus daily needs are also satisfied with solid rewards. Let’s check out the salient features of the Citibank Indian Oil Platinum credit card.
1. Enjoy something free!
As I mentioned earlier that, you would get 71 litres of free fuel every year. For this, you have to redeem the turbo points you earned through buying items or refuelling an engine.
2. Good reward points
For this point, I will recommend you to see point 2 for greater details about the reward points and their amounts. You will earn turbo points in 3 cases – one in the expense on fuel. Another, in the expense on grocery items and the last one for expense in other items.
3. 24 X 7 hours service
If you are not an expert about dining books, table reservations, gift deliveries-Citibank may help you in this matter. Contact them over the phone and enjoy the concierge service before any plan!
4. Annual fee waiver
Meet the transaction goal by expensing Rs 30000 in a year to make the annual charge absolutely free. This facility is available throughout the time you use this credit card.
5. Discount at restaurants
Like almost any other credit card, you will get 15% off on Citibank’s selected partner restaurants.
6. Hassle-free payment
From the heading, it may seem absurd to you. But the thing is that the credit card comes with contactless payment facilities. You may feel irritating to enter the PIN every time you want to pay using credit cards. But here, there is no need to enter the PIN for expense value up to Rs 2000.
Eligibility Criteria And Documents Required For Applying Citibank Indian Oil Platinum Credit Card
As this credit card is introduced targeting the mid-budget common people, eligibility criteria are the simplest.
- You have to be an Indian.
- You have to be 18 years or above old.
- Your minimum salary should be Rs 25000 per month.
Some documents regarding your identity the address are required for applying this card. Let’s see these:
- Identity Proof: You can choose any one of the lists – PAN card, AADHAR card, Voter’s Id card, License, Passport, and so on.
- Address Proof: An address proof document is also required. You can choose any one of the documents- AADHAR card, Driving license, passport, Ration card, the electric bill, Gas connection bill, Water bill, and so on.
- Income proof: For showing the income proof documents, you have to show the latest 2 months payslip or the latest Form 16.
How To apply for this credit card?
Again, the process is quite simple. Let’s discuss the online method first. Before doing anything, make ready the necessary documents with you. It will help you enter details without an error, and you need those to upload them also.
- First, go to the official site online.citibank.co.in, and you will find some basic questions like Email ID, Address, Name, and other checkmarks confirming your social background. Fill them appropriately.
- Second, press the “submit” button and go to the next page, where you may have to upload your documents.
I am not describing all the process because it is quite easy. You need to be a bit careful, and that’s it. Remember-any false information may be the reason for the cancellation of the application form.
Similar Cards Of Citibank Indian Oil Platinum Credit Card
There are always same level competitors, but their performance is good in some field and bad in some other fields.
Frequently Asked Questions:
I know some of you still have a lot more questions in your mind. Let me answer those.
1. Can I waive the annual fee?
Yes, of course, you can! You have to make transactions over Rs 30000 in a year to waive off the annual fee.
2. Did I have to pay the fuel charge?
Nope! This is one of the unique features of this card. You have not to pay any surcharge for refueling.
3. Is this card only for fuel benefits?
Fortunately, apart from fuel, you will be benefited a solid reward on grocery items and other miscellaneous items. I recommend you to read the details above.
4. What is the credit limit and the grace period of the card?
Rs 300 is charged for every transaction of Rs 10000. And the grace period is ranged between 20-50 days.
5. How much the value of the turbo points?
Each turbo point is worth Rs 1.
6. Any concierge service or assistance available?
Yes, like any premium card, this also offers concierge service over the telephone. Concierge services like table reservations, gift deliveries are available.
7. In how many days the redeemed reward points will be credited to my account?
Generally, it takes 2 to 3 working days from the day of redemption. You will be notified when it will be credited.
8. How much reward points are required for waiving off the fuel?
A minimum of 250 turbo points are necessary for doing so.
9. Any purchase to convert the EMI option is available?
Fortunately, yes! On shopping at electronics outlets, online shopping platforms you will get EMI options available at an affordable interest rate. Note that the shopping platform or outlets should be on the list of partners of Citibank.
We have discussed various aspects of this credit card. It is time to make a decision whether you should go for this credit card or not. Basically, you need to understand the objectives behind introducing this card. The card is for those people who travels by their car most of the time. Expense on fuel is much greater than others. If you are one of them, you are good to go!