American Express Gold Credit Card is different from other cards. This card offers membership and bonus reward points. You can redeem points through 18 and 24 carat gold. Lets read about this detail.
- Earn 5,000 Membership Rewards Points on renewing your card.
- Get 1,000 bonus membership reward points.
- Redeem Points through Gold.
- On every earning, you can get 4 membership rewards at the restaurants; they are partnered with.
- Good to excellent – credits are required to approve your application.
- There should be Rs.10,000 credit of annual dining for restaurants, which is payable as Rs.1,000 per month.
- You get a chance to avail of 1 Membership Rewards Point on every Rs.50 spent except for spending on Fuel, Insurance, Utilities, Cash Transactions, and EMI.
- If it is within 5 months of card membership, you receive 1,000 bonus membership reward points for first standing registration.
- While buying 18 and 24 karat gold, you can get one great option.
i. On 24 Karat Gold, You Have:
- Voucher from Tanishq of Rs.10,000.
- Voucher from Taj of Rs.14,000.
- Credit Statement of Rs.9,000.
ii. On 18 Karat Gold, You Have:
- American Express Domestic Travel e-voucher of Rs.7,000.
- Voucher from Taj Rs.9,000.
- E-voucher from Amazon of Rs.7,000.
- Credit Statement of Rs.6,000.
- If you happen to use this American Express Gold Credit Card 4 times in a row for a month with more than Rs.1,000 in every transaction, then you may get 1,000 reward points in that particular month. (It may also change as per their policies)
- If you become that kind of customer who gets to receive 1,000 points every month, they will get 12,000 points in a year as a plus point. You will get to receive 15,000 points in a year. This shows the benefit of getting this card costly, as you cover 75% of the fees by your points themselves.
- All around the world, in any restaurant, you get 4 points on every dollar, which also includes purchasing from Uber Eats.
- On all the other purchases, you can get 1 point on every dollar.
- Booking flights through amextravel.com or with airlines, you get 3 points on every dollar.
- At any United States supermarkets, you can get 4 points on every dollar.
What Makes This Credit Card Better From Other Credit Card?
- With this card, you can redeem the points, and the process is also straightforward and simple.
- This card is secure to use and mainly secure from the risk of fraud.
- To make rapid and firm payments at retail outlets, there is built-in contactless technology.
Who Should Opt For This Credit Card?
- Frequent travellers can take advantages of Insurance and Travel Credits.
- To be loyal to an American Express Travel partner, especially Delta SkyMiles, you will benefit from transferring points.
- People who spent some amount of money on restaurants and supermarket purchases have this card for benefits.
Features and Benefits
- You will find 24/7 Global Assist services, which is emergency assistance that helping to coordinate while travelling.
- Baggage Insurance – You will get insurance of up to $500 for checked bags and $1,250 for each carry-on bag if eligible for lost or damaged or stolen when you off to purchase the whole fare for a Common Carrier Ticket.
- You can also get 2 days of free shipping at over 140 retailers on free ShopRunner membership.
- If you have American Express Gold Credit Card, book your hotel through it, and you get $75 credit for spa, dining, and resort activities whenever you are off to stay there for at least two consecutive nights plus has an option of having an upgraded room on arrival.
- This card will not ask for foreign transaction fees.
For the very first year, the fees for this card are Rs.1,000 and additional Service Tax. And from the second year, the fees are Rs.4,500 and additional Tax. And these additional taxes and your fees, the total amount would be around Rs.5,100. But it is definitely worth paying this much for this card. It will show you it’s worthwhile using it. The benefits and points this card offer is more than the fees you pay for it. Also, if you are happened to ask customer care for the waiver of the fees, they will do it for a year.
And if you lose or damage your card, there are no charges or fees on the replacement credit card. You can have 3 add-on cards for your family member connected to your main account from which your Credit card is linked with.
Eligibility and Documents Required
- It is necessary that the supplementary cardholder is a citizen of India and mentioned under the Income Tax Act of India. It says to notify American Express Banking Corporation if there is any chance of the residential status.
- You should have a good credit history and do not need to pay any defaults.
- Legal age as per government you should be above 18 years.
- You should have registered my permanent residential address in the government.
- Currently, American Express Card is issued for the people living in Delhi/NCR, Bangalore, Pune, Chennai, Mumbai, Indore, Jaipur, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Coimbatore, Surat, Vadodara, and Chandigarh.
- You should have an Indian or multinational bank’s current or saving account in India.
- Your company should be trading, and you are self-employed for more than 12 months.
- It would be best to have your Personal Annual Income of Rs.6 Lakh or above if you are a self-employed or salaried person.
How To Apply For The Card?
For this card, the process is straightforward, and it just takes 30 seconds to apply as per the company guarantees. First, visit this link https://online.americanexpress.com for the application. You will find a blue button that says “Apply Now” click on it, and then the steps are on the way.
They will ask you to fill in all the personal information, including your name, birth date, address, annual income, etc. After filling in those details, click on “Continue”.
You will come across the Terms and Conditions page. Here, all the policies are explained regarding the card. After filling in these details, click on “Continue”.
The page will guide you by adding your additional details, including your documents like photograph, Aadhar card, driving license, etc. After filling in all this information, clicks on “Finish”.
Here, the procedure ends, and now you need to wait for the bank you look into your application; and if the bank approves your application, you will get the mail of approval, and then you will have to wait for the card delivery at your address for 15-20 days.
1. Is American Express Gold Credit Card worth having?
Yes, the card asks for a huge amount for the annual fee, but it is worth having it for some customers and travellers. You should go through the card details before rejecting it. The American Express Gold Credit Card offers earning rewards and travel perks. It offers benefits that are a little expensive but helps justify the annual fee, such as a $100 airline fee credit.
2. What does it make you feel to have an American Express Gold Credit Card?
The American Express Gold Credit Card shows strong earnings on day-to-day purchases as it gives a lot of ways to redeem or earn rewards at supermarkets and restaurants all over the world. And with this card, you do not need to buy a super-premium annual fee.
3. Does American Express Gold Credit Card have an annual fee?
The American Express Gold Credit Card has a $250 annual fee, and it is not waived in the first year. Depending on how you value the airline and dining credits, the effective annual fee is also reflected in this section.
4. How much does the American Express Gold Credit Card cost?
From June 2020, the Platinum Card starts with $550 annual fees, and the American Express Gold Credit Card cost is $250 annual fee. The Platinum will cost you $5,500, and a side-by-side, the Platinum card is a Gold card with some attractive add-ons over 10 years of use.
Similar Credit Cards
The Gold Credit Card have many good benefits, but Chase Sapphire Reserve would be the better option if you are chasing some more points or gains. It has high yearly fees, which is around $550, but it offers some amazing perks. There are some good travel credit benefits; you need to use the rewards before the rewards rate hike in for travel purchases. In short, you may have to face some difficulty to find the replicate of this earning card’s power.
The people or the crowd who are not interest in spending $550 on a credit card may prefer Gold Credit Card, which gives you an intriguing value proposition. It is not as costly as Chase Sapphire Reserve, and also it offers some high rewards. With this card, you can easily earn back your annual fee in some time; you just need to pass through some hoops to get it.
Transferring Points Of The Credit Card
In the American Express list, they have a lot of travel partners than any other card. For this card, Amex Gold cardholders do transfer at a 1:1 rate of points on most of their partners. The majority of times, the transfer is a lucrative option. So, they charge a heavy fee of 0.06 cents on each point you want to transfer. But after that, most of the hotels and airlines started offering value of the point higher than one cent.
American Express Transfer Partners
As you saw above, they boost their point value at higher who are flyer of Delta, Singapore Airlines, and many more.
Whichever credit card you use to practice, you need to pay your balance every month and practice good financial habits. With this card, you cannot lose your focus on paying interest or being late in paying fees, as it will not be worth having this card for you or your family. Using a credit card makes it important to pay or check your balance sheet from time to time and stay updated with it. Then and then, you can afford to have a credit card. And if you are not good with it, then this American Express Gold Credit Card is not the one for you. So, choose wisely.