ICICI Bank, in collaboration with e-commerce giant Amazon, has launched a new Credit Card. Today in this article, I will do a detailed review of the Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card.
In this article, we will discuss various points about credit cards and do an in-depth review. So to know all about the unique features and benefits of Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card, read till the end.
In this article
- Best Suited For People who do a lot of shopping. Also beneficial for shopping through Amazon. in
- You can get up to 5% cashback on shopping through Amazon.in; This offer is only applicable for Amazon Prime Members.
- You can get up to 3% cashback on shopping through Amazon.in which is applicable even if you are not a prime member.
- You can get 2% cashback by using this card on Amazon Pay
- You will get a 1% cashback on all other transactions like shopping, dining, travel, insurance, etc.
- The card gives you unlimited reward points. 1 Reward Point = Rs. 1
- There is no expiration date of the reward points of the credit card.
Now let’s check out the rewards which the credit card provides.
- You can get up to 5% cashback on shopping at Amazon India. The offer applies to Amazon Prime Members only.
- You can get up to 3% cashback on shopping at Amazon India. This is available for non prime members.
- You can also get up to 2% cashback on Amazon pay. Use the credit card for payments in Amazon Pay. You can choose from over 100 merchants in Amazon Pay as per your requirements.
- You can get 1% cashback on all other transactions using a credit card. It includes shopping, dining, entertainment, etc.
- You can get up to a 15% discount on dining at 2500+ partnered restaurants. This offer comes under the Cutlery Treat Program of ICICI Bank.
- You can also get a 1% fuel waiver benefit on petrol pumps all over India.
What Makes This Credit Card Better Than Others?
Let us look at why we must use this credit card as many options are available in the market.
1. First and foremost is that there the credit card has no annual or joining fee. At the same time, there is a joining or annual fee for other credit cards available in the market.
2. There are unlimited reward points and cashback available on the credit card. At the same time, other credit cards limit the reward point and cash back it offers.
3. One reward point earned with the credit card is equal to Rs. 1. While in other credit cards, nearly 2-3 reward points are equal to Rs. 1.
4. The credit card also provides a lot of cashback on shopping at Amazon India. While other credit generally rewards you points on online shopping. Check out a few of them.
5. The credit card also offers dining benefits, and it offers a 15% discount on dining at partnered restaurants. While other credit cards generally provide reward points or cashback up to 7-9% on dining.
Who Should Opt For This Credit Card?
This credit card is best suited for people who,
- Are looking for a credit card which provides you reward/cashback on every shopping.
- Do a lot of shopping.
- Do most of their shopping through Amazon India.
- Goes out for dining frequently.
- Are looking for a credit card that has no joining or annual fee.
Features And Benefits
Let us now examine some of the key features and benefits which the card gives,
i. One of the key features of the credit card is that it has zero joining and annual fees.
ii. The reward points you earned don’t expire, which means you can use them anytime in the future. Be it after 2years, 4years, and so forth.
iii. You can earn a lot of cashback using a credit card. Be it shopping on Amazon. or any other transactions.
iv. Shopping Benefits on Amazon: Extra cashback on shopping through Amazon. (5% for Prime members, 3% for non-Prime members).
v. Fuel Surcharge Waiver: A fuel surcharge waiver of 1% is available on every petrol pumps all over India.
vi. Culinary Treats: A 15% discount on dining is offered in partnered restaurants.
vii. The reward points which you earned are added to the Amazon Pay Balance. You can use the reward points to buy products from Amazon India. Or you can use it to pay 100+ partnered merchants.
viii. Shopping Benefits outside of Amazon: On each payment, you can get 1% cashback. When the payment is complete, you can get 2% cashback from all the partnered merchants which are 100 or above connected to Amazon Pay while using the card.
ix. PIN and Chip Security: For online usage, this card is secured by 3D security, which is supported by ICICI Bank. The microchip gives security against counterfeiting and duplication of the card.
Let’s see the fees which are associated with the credit card.
- There is no joining or renewal fee for the credit card.
- You have to pay a cash advance fee ranging between 3.5%-3.8% per month. For a year, the fee varies from 42%-45.6% per annum.
- An overdue interest rate on extended credit is applicable on the credit card. It varies from 3.2%-3.8% per month or 42%.45.6% per annum.
- You have to pay a cash advance fee of 2.5% of the transaction amount or a minimum of Rs. 300.
- You have to pay an over-limit charge of 2.50% on the total amount. Or a minimum of Rs. 500 which one is more.
- You have to pay a cheque return fee of 2% of the total amount. Or a minimum of Rs. 450 has to be paid.
- An auto-debit return fee of 2% has to be paid or a minimum of Rs. 450.
- A cash payment fee of Rs. 100 is applied to every payment.
- A duplicate statement fee of Rs. 100 is applied if it is beyond 3 months.
- You have to pay a card replacement fee of Rs. 100
- You have to pay a foreign currency transaction fee of 3.50% on the transaction amount.
- You have to pay a late payment change as follows,
- If the amount due is less than Rs. 100, the charge is Rs. 0
- If the amount due is between Rs. 101-500, the charge is Rs. 100
- If the amount due is between Rs. 501-10,000 than charge is Rs. 500
- If the amount due is greater than Rs. 10,000, the charge payable is Rs. 750.
Eligibility And Document
The credit card is eligible for people who,
- Are above 18 years old.
- The credit score shall be 700 or more.
- Are given to both employed and self-employed.
- Minimum income of Rs. 25,000 for ICICI Bank Customers is required.
- Minimum income of Rs. 35,000 for other bank customers is required.
- A recent self-attested photograph of yourself.
- Identity Proof. Aadhaar Card, Driving License, PAN Card, etc. The copy of your ID proof shall be self-attested.
- Address Proof. Utility Bill, Ration Card, Driving License, Adhaar Card, etc. The copy of the Address proof shall be self-attested.
- Income Proof. Bank Statement, Salary Slip (latest), etc.
- A declaration form signed by you.
How To Apply For The Card?
Through Amazon. in
- First, go to amazon, in website or application.
- Click on the menu button. Now go to the Amazon Pay option, and a new tab will open.
- You will find an option to apply for the Amazon Pay ICICI credit card.
- Click on the credit card and click on Apply Now.
- Now do the steps as asked and submit the required documents.
Through ICICI Bank Website
- Go to the official website of ICICI Bank.
- From the left dropdown menu, select card.
- Now select the Co-Brand Credit Card.
- Select Amazon Pay Credit Card and click apply now.
- You will be taken to the Amazon.in website or application.
- Click on Apply Now and fill out the form with the desired details.
- From the launch of the Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card, the customers are offered this card only by invitation. The customers who are using this Amazon application has received the notification of the invitation from Amazon through e-mail.
- From now on, the customer has to pass through some criteria to apply for the card. The digital card is the ready-to-use card for the customers. And then the physical card will be couriered to the particular customer.
- Below the “Product” section you can visit the Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card Bank page and on an individual basis, you can also visit the ICICI Bank website. Through this page, you can click on the button “Apply Now”. After that, you will be directed to the eligibility criteria page, where you can check that you are fit for this card or not.
- The other option is that you can open the Amazon application of your cell phone or you can also open it in the web browser, after that you can go on the option which is under the main menu called “Amazon Pay”. The eligibility criteria can be checked here too and then apply.
How To Change The PIN Of My Credit Card?
After card activation and approval, you will receive your PIN at your registered mobile number. You can also change the PIN through the following methods,
By calling the toll-free number 1800 102 0123. It uses Interactive Voice Response System (IVR).
ii. Mobile App
- Download the ICICI Bank Mobile Application.
- Go to services and Aadhaar.
- Click on Card Services.
- Click on generate Credit Card PIN.
iii. Internet Banking
- Log into your Internet Banking account.
- Click on generate the PIN.
- Click on Credit Card PIN
- Click on the Generate now option.
1. What are the charges applied for using the Credit Card?
There is no joining or renewal fee associated with the credit card. It’s free to use. But there are some charges applied on different transactions. Refer to the fees section for details.
2. When will I receive my Credit Card?
The credit card will be sent to your registered address within 7 business days after the card is approved. In the meantime, virtual credit cards can be used for online transactions.
3. What if I don’t receive my physical credit card within the stipulated time?
If the physical credit card doesn’t reach your registered address within 7 business days. You are advised to contact their customer service or your bank.
4. What is the Customer Service number of Amazon Pay Credit Card?
You can call on the customer care number, which is 18601207777, from your registered mobile number. The timing is between 7 a.m to 9 p.m
5. Does the credit card come with a contactless facility?
Yes, the Amazon Pay credit card comes with a contactless facility. So you only need to scan your credit card while shopping.
6. How can I check the application status of my Amazon Pay Credit Card?
Call on their customer care number 1800 102 0123 to check your application status. You have to call on this number through the registered mobile number.
7. How do I add my Amazon pay credit card to Amazon App or website?
First, go to the payment page of the Amazon India app or website. Add the Amazon Pay ICICI Bank credit card. You can use this for all transactions to get more rewards.
8. How to apply for an add-on Credit Card?
You can not apply for an add-on credit card for this particular credit card.
9. Is there any limit to the number of reward points and cash back I earned?
There are no limits. You can earn unlimited rewards and cashback.
10. When will my Reward points expire?
The authorities set no time limit between which you have to use your reward points. So, you can use them in 5years or 10years as needed.
11. Amazon Pay Credit Card where we can use?
Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card is accepted worldwide at all terminals and ATMs as it is the VISA card. This card is just the same as other credit cards.
12. How can we apply for Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card?
Through your Amazon application, you can apply for this card. For your application, you need to follow some details and enter it where it is asked, and for this process, you need to log in to Amazon.
13. Does this card happen to go on the process of strict inquiry on credit profile?
Yes. Definitely, a strict inquiry is taken place while applying for the credit card and also during the process of documentation.
14. On my Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card, how can I get my cashback?
Your cashback amount will get credited to your Amazon Pay Balance automatically after completing the credit card’s billing cycle within 2 working days. To make your payment, you can use your Amazon Pay Balance to complete your full or half bill payment on eligible products
15. What are the consequences after losing your credit card or the card is stolen?
In any case, it happens to be losing your card or being stolen; you can immediately report it to the ICICI Bank by sending SMS CCBLK to 5676766 from your registered mobile number. Then your credit card will be blocked by the ICICI Bank.
The Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit card received a befitting response from its customers. The reason behind it is the unique Card benefits it offers. The reward points are directly added to Amazon Pay Balance.
So, if you are a frequent shopper at Amazon India, then this card is the right choice for you. It is high on cashback. There is no limit to the amount of cash back or reward points you earn. So, you can always go for this credit card and give it a try.