EPF (Employee Provident Funds) is one of the most sorts of long term saving plans in our country for years. With digitalization, there is a need to manage these funds online. This helps us avoid a hell of a lot of paperwork. In this article, you will find How to verify PAN online in the EPF UAN Member portal and some common queries related to it.
The implementation of digital initiatives by EPFO (Employee Provident Funds Organisation), The EPF subscribers are required to link their PAN card, Aadhaar Card, and bank account details to their EPF UAN account. With digital verification of your KYC details, you can avail of various online services. These services include online EPF withdrawal and transfer, download or view passbook, and many more.
The first step to setting this all is what UAN is and setting it up. Universal Account Number is a 12 digit code generated by EPFO. This helps to manage PF accounts. It is issued by the Ministry of Employment and labor India. It provides information on the PF irrespective of the organization he or she is working in. UAN is generated for every PF holder since 2014.
Steps To Register At UAN
In this article
1. Visit EPF Member Portal, and the link for the same is given below. This link will take you to their home page Link: https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
2. Click the ‘ Activate UAN ‘ option from the webpage you are directed to.
3. Enter information about your UAN, member id, mobile number, Aadhaar Card, Pan Card, name, date of birth, and e-mail id. These would be some of the basic personal information that would be asked in here.
4. As soon as you are done with filling up the details. Then Click ‘ Get Authorization Pin. A 4- digit code is sent to your registered mobile number.
5. Thereafter, enter the code to proceed further. This will take a few moments to verify the same.
6. Now on the new redirected page, you need to create a username and password.
Steps To Activate The UAN
1. Visit the EPFO website. The link for the same is given below. As soon as you click the link, you will be taken to their homepage. Link: https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/index.php
2. Click the ‘Our Services’ option from the service dialogue box. Then select ‘For employees’ from the redirected page
3. Now, Find and click ‘Member UAN/Online Services’ in the new window that is just opened.
4. On the newly opened page, enter all the required details. These details would be necessary to login to the account. This would be some basic information, and nothing is to be worried about.
5. Enter the Captcha on the screen, which is just below the dialogue box. The captcha has been entered correctly. If you can not recognize the Captcha correctly, then you can refresh it.
6. Click on the ‘Get authorization PIN’ option, which is just below the captcha dialogue box.
7. Choose ‘I Agree’ so that you certify that you abide by the declaration. Then Enter the OTP you get on the mobile number as you have entered.
8. You will obtain a one-time password to access the portal that you made earlier.
As you steer through the above process now, you can link the pan card and Aadhaar card details to the UAN portal.
Steps To Verify PAN Online
i. So let us start from ground zero. So visit the UAN website. The link is given below. Link: https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
ii. Provide the username and password of your UAN number of the account that you just made.
iii. Enter the captcha shown above in the dialogue box. Then click on the Sign In button as you have filled all the mentioned fields.
iv. After verification, you are redirected to the account setting page. This can also be said as your account homepage.
v. Now search for the member profile section on the home page. Under the same locate PAN and Aadhaar section. Click on the same to proceed further.
vi. If your details are not entered for PAN/Aadhaar, you will be asked to enter. After entering and saving those details, an unverified button will be displayed.
vii. Now, click on the verify button. This would take some time to show any changes.
Now, the system will verify the details and the PAN number with the income tax database. If there is no discrepancy in the details, for example, DOB, name, and gender, there will be no warning message. It would be saying ‘ Failed ‘ message. You need to update the mismatch if any, and then try. If there has been a mismatch issue again, then the database doesn’t have the correct information. Or the employer hasn’t added your Pan Card to link a PF account. It would help if you looked to vet your details corrected in the UAN portal or PAN card. The correction can be done both online and offline.
After successful verification, the’ PAN verification successful ‘ dialogue box will appear. Similarly, you can verify your Aadhaar card and other relevant documents.
With successful verification of all the required documents of the KYC (Know your customer), you will be able to see all the PF accounts linked with your pan card.
How To Check The Status Of Various Required Documents And Online Verification Of KYC
- Login to the UAN portal and navigate to the Manage tab.
- Under manage, tab finds KYC and click on it.
- Here you will find information related to KYC pending or approved.
- Under the column of ‘ Digitally Approved KYC,’ there is ‘ Online Verification status.’
- Here you will find the status. If verification is successful, then a message ‘ verified with UDAI’ would appear in front of the document.
But actually, why PAN verification is required with EPFO?
a. Firstly, If the employee withdraws the EPF balance before finishing 5 yrs of service, the EPF balance is taxable and deducted during withdrawal.
b. Lastly, The rate of TDS deduction is 10% if PAN is verified. If not, then the rate of deduction stoops to whooping 34.608%
A lot of paperwork was required for taking benefits of EPF; changing EPF accounts for different companies and having them all at one place is another story. But the advancement in technology has saved us from these tensions and brought all these facilities just a click away. These facilities include online passbook copy, withdrawal options, etc. They saved us from the sun and waited for the line’s scorching heatwaves. Follow the above-mentioned steps to link the PAN card with the PF account and make every hard-worked dime fruitful to you and your family.
1. Will a mismatch in the name in linking PAN and EPF create a problem?
Yes. If the name on your PAN Card and EPF Account is different and they do not match, then the PAN verification will definitely fail. You have to check the name’s spelling in both the portals and update the same where it is required.
2. What has to be done if the PAN verification fails multiple times?
Make sure the PAN and EPF portals details matching with each other. This would include important fields such as name, date of birth, etc. On the two portals. . If PAN-EPF verification fails because of any information mismatch, request a correction on either of the PF or PAN portal at places where you feel your details are wrong and then try again after the correction has been approved.
3. What is to be done if two UANs get allotted by mistake?
In this scenario, the employee has to notify the EPFO helpdesk instantly through email or the customer care number. Thereafter, the crucial verification is done, the old UAN gets blocked, and your old details are provided with a new UAN number.
4. What will happen to UAN if someone changes the company/job?
When you shift to a new job, you need to give the already allocated UAN to the new employer. The employer links the new PF account to it related to the new company. The UAN remains the same throughout the employee’s career and never changes.
5. Did I forget my UAN, how to procure the same?
You can regain your UAN if you have linked it with your Aadhar card or PAN Card. Go to the EPFO homepage, look ‘For Employees’ locate ‘Member UAN/Online Service’ finally click ‘Know UAN status‘ and Enter Details. Click ‘Get Authorization Pin,’ and you will get OTP on the registered mobile number. Click to agree to the terms and conditions.