Top 9 Best Health Insurance Plans in India
In this article
1. HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha PolicyHDFC Ergo Health Insurance was formerly known as Apollo Munich Health Insurance. HDFC Ergo Health Insurance offers a comprehensive health plan with an optional rider making it more beneficial. While HDFC Ergo offers many health policies, HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha Policy is one of India’s best health insurance plans. It is a basic health insurance plan covering most of the hospitalization expenses. The coverage is available for both individual and family of the policyholder.
Features & Offerings: HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha Policy
- The sum insured varies between Rs.3 lakhs and Rs.75 lakhs
- A lifetime renewal option is available along with any age entry.
- Some exclusive cover like air ambulance cover and infertility is also provided.
- On renewal, fitness discounts and health incentives are offered.
- The attractive premium rate is offered for a long term policy for up to 3 years.
- The annual premium can be paid in a month, quarterly and semiannual installments.
- A discount on premiums can be availed by opting for capping room rent.
- Other discount options like a family discount and loyalty discount are also offered.
- 140-day care procedures are also covered. Maternity and critical illness cover are also available as an option.
- The plan also provides no claim bonus and cashless hospitalization.
- Any individual above the age of 3 months can opt for a cover ranging between Rs. Lakh and Rs. 5 Lakh.
Family Floater Coverage:
- The entire family can be covered in a range of Rs. 3 Lakh to Rs. 5 Lakh.
- The policy covers a maximum of 2 adults and two children in a family.
- Critical illness and maternity cover are also available.
- Cover for pre and post hospitalization expenses is also available.
Other Health Insurance Policies offered by HDFC Ergo Health Insurance.
2. Star Health Family Health Optima PlanStar Health Insurance offers a suite of health insurance products for individuals, families, and corporates. It covers expenses for critical illnesses, medical check-ups, AYUSH systems of medicines, and hospitalization expenses. Additionally, you can also add coronavirus coverage under the Star health Insurance plan. It also covers treatment for autistic children. Star Health Family Health Optima Plan covers the entire family at a very reasonable cost. Spouse and dependent kids in the age group between 16 days and 25 years can be covered. Any resident of India between the age of 18 years and 65 years can buy this plan. For each claim-free year, a complimentary health checkup is given. The sum insured can be restored by up to 100% for a maximum of 3 times.
Star Health Family Health Optima Plan Covers –
- Domiciliary hospitalization and in-patient charges like room expenses, nursing expenses, and ICU expenses are covered.
- Daycare procedures that take less than 24 hours are covered.
- During the policy period, air ambulance charges up to 10% of the sum insured are covered.
- Pre-hospitalization expenses of up to 60 days and post-hospitalization expenses up to 90 days are covered.
Star Health Family Health Optima Plan Does Not Covers –
- Injuries caused by war, enemy invasion, etc. are not covered.
- Injuries due to suicide attempts or self-harm are not covered.
- Sexually transmitted diseases are not covered.
- Dental treatment is not covered unless the requirement arises due to an accident.
- Vaccinations are not covered unless they are required for medical treatment or due to an animal bite.
Other Health Insurance Policies offered by Star Health Insurance
3. Religare Care Health InsuranceReligare Health Insurance offers a host of health products, including Maternity Cover, Personal Accident Cover, Top-up Cover, Critical Illness Cover, in addition to Group Health Cover and Group Personal Accident Cover for businesses. This plan covers injuries, illness, as well as accidents and hence, is a comprehensive plan. Also, this plan covers pre/post-hospitalization expenses, in-patient expenses, and daycare treatment.
Features & Offerings
- A person of any age can buy this policy.
- Any claim will not increase the subsequent premium amount.
- All the insured person get an annual health checkup.
- The policy is auto-recharged at no extra cost if the coverage is exhausted.
- Treatment can be availed even outside India.
- A daily allowance will be given to meet incidental expenses.
- Claims are settled directly by the company, and treatment is cashless.
- The amount of sum insured varies between Rs. 2 Lakhs and Rs. 60 Lakhs.
Other Health Insurance Policies offered by Religare Health Insurance
4. Royal Sundaram Lifeline Supreme PlanThis one is another comprehensive plan which, apart from hospitalization charges, also covers critical illnesses. Also, the sum insured is auto-restored, and wellness benefits are provided.
Features & Offerings
- The sum insured is auto-restored at no extra cost.
- It is applicable for multiple illnesses
- It also covers all daycare procedures
- It covers 60 days of Pre Hospitalisation and 90 days of Post Hospitalisation expenses
- All pre-existing diseases are covered only after 3 years.
- You can avail of annual health check-up and second opinion for specific illnesses.
5. SBI Life Smart Health Insurance PlanThis plan is suitable for getting a fair cover from a public sector unit at a reasonable cost and can be considered among India’s best health insurance plans. Cutting out the legal clutter, under a health insurance policy, the SBI Life Smart Health Insurance Plan undertakes to cover medical expenses related to several illnesses and injuries.
Features & Offerings: SBI Life Smart Health Insurance Plan
- It is a traditional Plan without a Bonus facility.
- You need to pay a premium for the entire 5 years.
- It covers hospitalization expenses.
- It covers surgical expenses.
- Covers till the age of 70 years
- You can extend the policy for spouse, parents, children as well as parents-in-law.
- It covers post-hospitalization expenses.
- It covers 136 Day Care Procedures coverage.
- Identity Proof of the Policyholder
- Copy of Policy Document
- Age Proof of the Life Assured
- Treating Doctor’s Certificate
- Copy of hospital discharge Card
- Copy of all medical documents given by the hospital at the time of hospitalization
- TPA document
- Copy of PAN Card
- Direct Credit Mandate of the Policyholder
- Claim Form
6. Oriental Insurance Happy Family Floater PolicyThis plan can also be counted among the best health insurance plans in India. The USP of Oriental Insurance Happy Family Floater Policy is that it covers expenses/fees for maternity and newborn baby.
Features & Offerings: Oriental Insurance Happy Family Floater Policy
- Covers the entire family, including parents and parents-in-laws
- There is no need for a medical test up to the age of 60 years
- Covers personal accident cover and life hardship survival benefit at an extra premium
- In case you do not want TPA services, you can avail an additional 5% discount on the premium
- There is a 30 days cooling-off period
- Covers Myomectomy for Fibroids, Cataract, Hysterectomy after 24 months
- Claim for pre-existing conditions is available 48 months
Offers No Coverage on
- The Plan will not cover treatment done after an attempted suicide, and use of alcohol or drug
- Does not cover expenses made under miscarriage, pregnancy, childbirth, and abortion
- Does not cover congenital disease
- Does not cover hospitalization under damages due to nuclear weapons or war.
7. Bajaj Allianz Health Guard Family FloaterBajaj Allianz Health Guard Family Floater Plan is a comprehensive plan available in two variants – Health-Guard Silver Plan and Health-Guard Gold Plan. This plan is one of the best health insurance plans in India from a private insurance company.
Features & Offerings: Bajaj Allianz Health Guard Family Floater
- Covers ambulance charges (up to Rs. 20,000)
- Covers convalescence benefit of up to Rs. 7,500 per year
- Covers post-hospitalization expenses incurred in 90 days.
- Covers pre-hospitalization expenses incurred in 60 days before hospitalization.
- Covers daycare treatments
Offers No Coverage on
- Does not over disease detected in the first 30 days of commencement of the policy
- Pre-existing diseases are not covered for the initial 3 years.
- Does not cover expenses for joint replacement
- Does not cover diseases like Hernia, Hernia, Cataract, and Sinusitis for the initial 2 years
- Does not cover treatment for damage caused by alcohol, drugs, etc.
8. Aditya Birla Activ Assure DiamondThis plan is one of the most innovative among the best health insurance plans for AYUSH treatments and fitness cashback. It also offers a health/ wellness coach providing health tips.
Features & Offers: Aditya Birla Activ Assure diamond
- Covers international/domestic emergencies like an air ambulance, etc.
- You can earn Health Returns worth up to 30%
- Offers 150% reload of the sum insured (maximum up to Rs. 50 Lakh)
- Offers cover for in-patient hospitalization of more than 24 hours
- Coverage for 586 daycare procedures
Offers No Coverage on
- Disease caused due to sexual transmission.
- Disablement caused by venereal disease
- Illness is caused due to substance, alcohol, hallucinogen, intoxicant, and drug.
- There is no coverage for Pre-existing disease.
- There is no coverage on Death, warlike operations, civil war, etc.
- There is no coverage on suicide, acts of self-destruction, etc.
9. Max Bupa Health CompanionThis insurance plan will fit the bill if you are looking to cover the entire room rent and AYUSH treatment. Comprehensive health insurance plan. Specially introduced for the individual and nuclear families, Max Bupa Health Companion is a pocket-friendly plan offering a cover of up to Rs.1 Crore.
Features & Offerings: Max Bupa Health Companion
- Offers coverage for In-patient treatment under Homeopathy, Ayurveda, and Unani
- Covers ambulance expenses up to Rs. 3,000
- Pre & post hospitalization (30-60 days)
- Medical Expenses of OPD Treatment up to Rs. 5,000 for vaccinations
- Medical expenses incurred due to illness or injury
- Medical treatment for an Animal Bite
- Covers domiciliary hospitalization
Offers No Coverage on
- Robotic-Assisted Surgery
- Light-based Treatment
- LASER Treatment
- Reproductive medicine
- Maternity expenses
- OPD treatment is not covered
- Covers OPD for animal bite vaccinations
- Treatment was done to correct refractive eye errors (Excluding treatment done after an accident)
- Treatment of HIV and AIDS
10.ManipalCigna ProHealth Protect PlanManipalCigna Health Insurance plans offer flexible premium payments, access to a wide hospital network, and cashless facilities.
ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection – Critical Care PlanOther health policies offered by ManipalCigna Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Accumulate Plan
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Plus Plan
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Preferred Plan
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Premier Plan
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection – Accident Care Plan