Knowing about mutual funds, stocks, and shares are very important before you start investing. Luckily, some renowned stock experts have published excellent books to help newbies. We have compiled a list of such books with top ratings and reader reviews. Scroll down to find the best books for stock market beginners in India.
Top 10 Best Books for Stock Market Beginners in India
In this article
Below, we have provided the famous ten best books to guide India’s beginners to buy and sell stocks/shares. We will be providing the details of the book along with the link so that those who want to read the full text can purchase online or buy from a book store physically. Let’s start!!
1. The Five Rules for Successful Stock Investing[amazon box=” B000SEIYBK” title=”The Five Rules for Successful Stock Investing:” /]
The author of this particular book is Pat Dorsey and Joe Mansueto. The first part of the book depicts the techniques that an investor should follow while stock analysis. Some of the essential topics covered in this part include explanations on financial statements, estimating the stock’s value, and many more to go.
For those interested in this stock market and stock analysis, the chapters included in the first part are important ones. Every investor should learn how to evaluate a company and value the stocks. Some sections will provide you investment opportunities along with market research theories.
The second half of this book is equally exciting and valuable. In this part, the author lays out some qualities and factors that differentiate a good and a bad company after considering various factors like Customer Service, Health Care, Bank, Media, etc. Undoubtedly, many companies provide the best investment service, and this book explains why they are best. This book has everything told adequately about a company’s details, stock analysis, etc. which can be very useful for beginners to analyze the stock market before entering and making investments. This book has lots of valuable theories which are highly recommendable for new investors.
2. How to Avoid Loss and Earn Consistently in the Stock Market[amazon box=”1482850885″ title=”How to Avoid Loss and Earn Consistently in the Stock Market” /]
The author of this book is Prasenjit Paul. The book is divided into various parts, which we will be discussing, in short, to understand what the book is all about:
- Avoiding stocks touching 52 low in a bull market- When a stock feels 52 weeks low in a bull market, it indicates weakness in a particular business. Investors who are planning for long-term investments in this business can incur a loss over a short time. These stocks have less possibility to grow in the future and are also known as high-risk stocks.
- Ensure that PEG Ration is less than 2- The term ‘PEG Ration’ is used to calculate the price of a stock, the earnings that come from per share investment, and the expected growth of a business or firm. It is good to have a low PEG Ratio for a company. Always look for PEG Ratio, which is equal to 1 or less than 1.
- Author’s view on how to pick a Stock- the author of this book clearly states that if you invest in high-quality businesses and hold the shares for a certain period, you will surely gain the right amount of money shortly. Picking of stocks is the most crucial activity, but in reality, if you have basic knowledge, then it is straightforward. Anyone from any field can come forward and make investments in the stock market.
Start acquiring knowledge from various sources and try to implement it in the real world. Remember that if you are a good stock picker, you can easily earn a lot of money.
3. The Intelligent Investor[amazon box=”0062312685″ title=”The Intelligent Investor” /]
This book is written by a famous writer of all time Benjamin Graham. This book is widely recognized because of Benjamin Graham’s value on investing. Benjamin Graham is considered one of the most famous and most celebrated writers and advisers on investing in the 20th century. The book’s book ma helps investors from making any errors and learning-term goals through investments.
For many years, the investment markets have followed Graham’s techniques and strategies to prosper and develop. In his book, Graham has fully explained the different laws and statements of the stock market and how you can safely make investments without risks. Today’s generation of investors also follows his steps for value investment.
It also highlights some of the essential concepts for current financial plans and strategies. The book also focused on transactions that are made daily. Every idea is well explained with examples so that you can understand the business world more clearly.
Many investors prefer this book because it depicts the mixture of Graham’s original plan and the current financial situation prevailing in the market. This book comes with many examples and case studies that can change your attitude towards investment and make a path of dealing safely and more securely.
4. Stock Market for Beginners[amazon box=” B000SEIYBK” title=”The Five Rules for Successful Stock Investing:” /]
The author of this book is Andrew David Kratter. So, if you want to learn and earn money in this stock market, you have to engage in day-to-day trading. Often, we see that many investors didn’t consider small things and keep on selling, but they incur losses after some time. The most common mistake that beginners make is that they decide to buy or sell stocks and try to make a profit and leave the counter open, and due to this reason, they lose all their earnings.
Sometimes, many investors regularly analyze the market because they have been waiting for a share to get a release in the market. But due to some fault, they forget to open the order and miss the series of shares, which can also lead to depression.
To cope with these types of market situations, this book is typically written to help out the investors (new or old), and some of the essential points discussed in the book are:
- Fundamentals of the Stock Market.
- How to invest in shares?
- Important information regarding the Stock Market.
- The Master’s advice on how you can invest in the Stock Market.
- Interview questions and answers with the Top Traders of Stock Market.
- Plans required to Buy and Sell Stocks.
- Strategies, Resources, and Strategies.
5. Think and grow rich[amazon box=”817234564X” title=”Think & Grow Rich ” /]
This book is written by Napoleon Hill, based on personal development, which helps to improve selves and work as a better example for tomorrow. If you need to work on yourself, you may have to go through several such devices to work on yourself. This book is an excellent recommendation, basically from the suggestion of later-philanthropist Andrew Carnegie and business magnate.
This book enhances your personality to work hard on points so that you can achieve success. This is the best book for the investors and entrepreneurs as it guides them with the idea of self-help and improvements along with the physiological factors. To understand the market and make the right move at a time, this book will help you find your chances. It will build your character and personality concerning the physiological factors.
There are objectives for doing something great. Below are some such goals that happened to be expressed by this book, which would physiologically build up personalities to act and achieve success accordingly.
- Giving thoughts about things.
- Specialization of knowledge.
- Organization according to plan.
- Taking decisions.
- Master Mind’s power.
- Sex Transmutations a mystery.
- The Subconsciousness of Mind.
- Working according to the brain.
- Having the sixth sense.
6. How to Make Profit in Share Market[amazon box=”9353223083″ title=”HOW TO MAKE PROFIT IN SHARE MARKET” /]
This book is written by Mahesh Chander Kaushik, a financial advisor. This book says a lot to their tail investors and provides suggestions to you for investment. If you are eager to learn about investing and earning some massive amount from it, here is the knowledge gathered together by Mahesh Chander Kaushik in some natural languages and points to help you out.
This book has a brief answer to your questions about investing money in share markets. It gives more information about retail investors and helps them out by providing the knowledge you should acquire while spending. It provides a vivid idea about investors’ income and marks the spots and how some lose money at share markets.
If you are planning to start investing in the share market, this book is a must-read book. There are several points this book covered; let us list some out of all.
- Treating stock market investment as of other retail business investment.
- Approaching more at a time for better understanding and deals.
- The tendency to make a lot, from a few.
- Innovation is the base price system.
- Adapting the concept of net sale per share, for a fundamental target price of any stock
- A theoretical calculation of any commodity for the predictable target price.
- Identification of speculation in a stock.
7. Playing Stock Market with Technical Analysis[amazon box=”938431434X” title=”Playing Stock Market With Technical Analysis” /]
This book is written by Bhusan Jadhav, who has five years of experience in the financial market and his degrees and knowledge. If you invest your time at expertise, you can get the best ways to funds. This book strives to make you know about the flow of the market. The traders and the investors would be lucky enough to read this book as the direction of the market’s direction it will be in upcoming times.
This book treats readers with the strategies to be used to gain money. It states to get rid of greed, fear, and hopes, which believe a failure in the market for self. The Technical analysis art is well explained for the traders or investors, which you should adopt as a habit while, trading or investing. This book states that to keep emotions aside from your business, it would make the technique easy and formal to have company.
The author placed this book in natural language and simple ways of understanding. The markets consist of different trends, charts, theories, patterns, or technical indicators, easily expressed and explained by this book. After reading this book, you would like to play around in the market with techniques that are probably the best thing for trading or investing. The book explains the skills and techniques you need to adapt to make money from the market.
8. Guide to Indian Stock Market[amazon box=” B00GZMS8GK” title=”Guide To Indian Stock Market” /]
Jitendra Gala writes the book. Stock Market investing is a great and easy way to earn money and become wealthy. A beginner stock market can also become rich by ever day trading with proper techniques and strategies.
This particular book by Jitendra Gala is a beneficial book for those investors who are willing to enter the Indian Stock Market but are backed with the fear of losing money because of a minimal amount of knowledge regarding the working procedure of the stock market.
This book is beneficial for beginners because each detail is written in a relaxed, simple, and understandable language. I am keeping in mind that the readers of the book are non-professional. Still, the is of great help to those who want to enter the Indian Stock Market and is always finding the right place to start.
The book clearly explains some of the significant key concepts that any beginner should take into consideration, and also there are other various explanations as required like the main aims for savings, what investment is and why it is important to invest, even different types of avenues provided to the investors along with their advantages and disadvantages, and other miscellaneous features. You will get acquainted with a range of new words after reading this book, which is directly related to the stock market, and you will also find a clear idea of how you can start trading or invest in the Indian Stock Market.
Some explanations are also there regarding the ups and downs of the stock market. The most important rule is the Golden Rule and some easy to use plans to make a profit and don’t teach any loss in the stock market. The book also provides explanations of fundamental and technical stock market analysis. You will also find examples and quotes of big investors in the stock market like Benjamin Graham, Philip Fisher, John Templeton, and many more.
9. How to Make Money in Intraday Trading[amazon box=”9386268159″ title=”How to Make Money in Intraday Trading” /]
Ashwani Gujral wrote this book. His book represents a master class making money by day trading with the author because he is a well-known trader/investor in India. The author has a unique style mixed with humor. He is a specialist in day trading, with a limited amount of skills because his methods, plans, and trading strategies are unique. If you follow his style, you will surely overcome the most dangerous and surprising challenges of life. The book is full of skills, knowledge, and relevant personality required coping up with the stock market to be ready to deal with the market problems efficiently. Inside the book, you will also get the author’s real-time and practical trading skills and strategies to learn and execute.
The book also describes-
- Trading success with the 3Ms- Method, Money-Management, and Mind-Set.
- Some of the technical pillars- exceptional cases, pivots, and averages.
- Also, how to make a profitable trade entry, information about trade management, and the systems to exit the market.
- You will also learn about the morning trades, trends, and other market-related facts and figures.
- How you can be safe from market traps and earn profit from the traps.
- You will also get to know when and how to use your power in multiple trading.
- Gather knowledge about money management and risk management simultaneously.
- Lastly, learn about the disciplines and master your mind to become an extraordinary day trader.
The book comes with real examples of today’s market trends; also, you will get to know how to enter the market every day, and this book will help gather self-confidence and provide you with technical support.
10. ABCD of Indian Stock Market[amazon box=”B07D45RG35″ title=”ABCD Of Indian Stock Market” /]
This essential stock market book is handy for beginners who want to trade in the Indian Stock Market and is written by Shobha Nahar and Ashok Nahar. This book represents and gives an idea about Basic education and Programs on the stock market like Equity, Derivatives, Fundamental Analysis, and Technical Analysis.
We all know that if you learn the bard to make investments and trade in the stock market. Just make sure that your basics should be evident in the stock market field if you learn the basics. But if your essential on stock marketing is not at all clear, then your investments and trading will become a time-waster, and you will gradually lose money. There are various fields in the stock market, and you need to be clear in every aspect like Company, Shares, Investments, different Types of Shares, Dividend, Debentures, Mutual Funds, Stocks, and F & O.
Also, you have to sort out, “What consists of the Stock Market?” Also, you will acquire certain information’s about the Exchange system. This regulatory body is SEBI, the required details on Technical analysis, making short-term investments, and calculating your profit and loss. So, this book consists of simple, secure, and basic knowledge about the stock market. You can become an excellent and supreme investor, also if you don’t have other experience.
Stock Market Trading Tips for Beginners
If you are looking to make money through the stock market, you should first follow some real-time examples and theories. Here are some tips that can help you out and make your decision quickly and clearly.
1. Decide: Trader or Investor?
As a beginner, you should first decide what you want to do in the stock market, whether you would like to trade or invest in any share or stock. A trader is who buys and sells stocks or shares within a minute, hour, or day. An investor is someone who makes investments for incurring long-term profits.
2.Basic understanding of the Stock Market
Nothing is possible in today’s world without basic knowledge or information. Regarding the stock market, you need to have a preliminary understanding of trading without facing any difficulties.
3.Proper Selection of Stock Broker
As a beginner, before making investments, the first thing is to analyze the market properly and select the best stockbroker to provide the best service on stocks and shares.
4.Different Types of Orders Available in the Stock Market
As a beginner, you should take into consideration different types of order to become a perfect trader. Always try to place a regular order according to your value of the investment.
5. Stock Market is NOT for Everyone
A piece of valuable information for all the stock market beginners always tries to maintain a distance from a few trades you have opted earlier but still incurred a loss. If you are still interested in the stock market, try investing in equity and mutual funds because the counters are more and less prone to lose.
1. If I buy a stock at Rs. 200 and after, sometimes it decreases to Rs. 160. What should I do next?
Answer. Just relax and enjoy your day because patience is the ultimate weapon for every successful trading. But there are some steps you have to take after sometimes:
You have to make reports and research about the market seriously.
Make changes in your plans and strategies.
Q. From where will I get information about the company and its financial statements?
Answer. To collect financial reports and the company’s information, you can opt for three steps Official Website of the Company, Websites on Stock Exchange, and Other Financial Websites. But the best place to gather all this information is the Company’s Official Website.
Q. Is there any limit to buy stocks?
As per expert analysis and recommendation, an investor or trader should not buy more than 8 to 10 stocks because it becomes difficult to regularly track all stocks. Because over investment may decrease your profit.
Q. Can I become a billionaire by investing in the stock market?
Answer. Yes, of course, it is possible to become wealthy by investing in the stock market if you are an excellent investor. You have to work hard and do research on various companies to select the best funding company.