EPF is an employee financial security scheme that allows the employees to plan their life after retirement. Nearly 68% of the youth employed on a salary basis counts on the EPF funds for their retirement plans. As soon as you reach your retirement age, there is always an excitement to receive the hard-earned money in the form of a lump sum amount. And this amount can come in handy to fulfill dreams too. This could be owning a house, having a world tour, etc.
But before giving your imagination a new horizon, withdrawing the same is a task in itself. The withdrawal process of EPF funds at the age of retirement was quite a sweating task. But now, with the online procedure in place, it has become easier. While doing so, you will come across form 19.
In this article
Employees fill in the details asked in form 19 when they want to withdraw the EPF funds from the full account. That is if you want to have the final settlement of the PF funds. Then, you would require to fill the form19. This is an old form used to claim withdrawals of the provident funds. You can get your form 19 filled through the online portal too. But for this, you require the UAN number to claim withdrawal online. If you don’t have the UAN number, you will have to fill form 19 offline. This is because the offline withdrawal procedure requires only the PF account number for the withdrawal.
Who Is Eligible To Fill Form 19?
The employee who is looking for the final buy out of the provident fund’s scheme. Moreover, this withdrawal can be made only by the employee who has reached the retirement age that is 58 years. Also, if you made contributions to EPF earlier and if you are unemployed now for 2 months. Then also, you can fill this form to have almost ¾ of the balance amount.
Details To Be Filled In Form 19
The employee has to provide the following details before he/she claims the full withdrawal:
i. The first thing that you need to include in your personal details. This includes your name, phone number, address, etc.
ii. You also need to include in form 19 your provident fund account number that you have from your previous job.
iii. Then comes the bank account details that you have to provide. Your EPF account funds would be transferred to this account on maturity. So you need to provide account details that are registered in your name. So for this, you need to give in the bank account number. Also, in the same form, you need to give the IFSC code.
iv. Joining details related to your job and the exit details are to be fastened in the form too. Suppose you have transferred the job. Then you need to include those details too.
v. Also, legal documents such as PAN card and Aadhaar card are submitted for verification purposes.
vi. Other details like canceled cheque, methods of remittance are to be mentioned in the form fully.
Filling The Form 19 Online
Follow the below mentioned procedural steps to fill the form 19 online:
1. Visit the EPFO member portal page by clicking the link:https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/index.php.
2. Login to for EPFO account using the UAN number and password. You will also be required to enter the captcha to ensure that you are not a robot.
3. Once you are redirected to your account home page, locate the ‘ online service’ tab from the menu bar. Under that tab select “ Claim( form 19,10C)”
4. You will now be asked to verify your bank account number, linked with the EPF account. For this, you need to enter the last 4 digits of the bank account number. As soon as you enter this detail, click on the verify button.
5. This will take you to an undertaking/declaration with which you need to abide and approve. Select yes from the option once you are done reading.
6. Now you will be taken to another page. Here from the drop-down menu, you need to select the only PF withdrawal option. This would make further process to be in line with the form 19 requirements.
7. A form page will be filled with you fully for you, following the details you have provided on the EFPO member page. Go through the details once to verify and click the get Aadhaar option from the page to proceed.
8. You will be retired to a page where you will be asked to enter the OTP details. This OTP will be received on your registered mobile number. Once you enter the same, click the verify button.
9. As soon as your OTP is authenticated, you will receive a reference number that can be used to track your request’s progress.
Within a week or so, the full amount will be transferred to your bank account. The amount you receive would be tax-free. Now you can use the money for your own good.
Form 19 forms an integral part of the withdrawal claims. Moreover, the online service of filling the form and claiming the money online is quite easy. It saves you from the queue, long waiting hours just to self attest the documents. Also, form 19 can be filled quite easily. The benefits that this form provides are far more than the limitations that it has. So, form 19 is the way to buy in your EPF account funds.