If you are buying a property in Bangalore, you will combine the word Khata. People often get confused about Khata with the title deed. Title deed is a written agreement between a buyer and seller during the Transfer of Property or as a formal proof of ownership. Khata, on the other hand, is needed for the calculation of property tax, it cannot be used as proof of ownership, but it is important as a document in many other ways. Here, we will read about Khata Certificate And Extract in detail.
What Is Khata?
Khata can be said as a legal identification document containing all the small prints of the property like the owner’s name, size of the building. Also, to plot the precise location or other important particulars that help to fill land tax.
Property Khata –
- Khata certificate
- Khata extract
i. Khata Certificate
To get the Khata certificate, there is a nominal fee of rupees 25 per property. This fee can vary from time to time. Whether it’s needed for water connection and electricity connection, availing commercial licenses, and if putting up your property for sale, you will need to have this certificate.
ii. Khata Extract
- Khata extract contains the name of the property owner.
- The total area of the property. It consists of the location and
- The purpose of the property is to get used to it.
- The latest market valuation of the property. The market valuation of property is for 5 years. BBMP utilizes Khata extract for a fee of 100Rs. This amount is also subject to change.
- Khata extract consists of the amount of property taxes that have to pay on the property.
Requirements For Having Khata Extract And Khata Certificate
Khata extracts and khata certificate performs two different functions in their own ways. One is used when the registration is required and the other while selling the property. If these documents are not available, it creates a problem and will stop the entire process. These are also needed in applying for electricity connection in BESCOM, applying for a water connection, for applying for loans. Also for applying for any license from the government.
Steps To Apply For Khata
1. Open the SAKALA website and download the registration form.
2. After completing the formalities, please submit it to the BBMP office under SAKALA.
3. Recheck if you received the acknowledgment number.
4. The acknowledgment is then followed up to BBMP.
5. Once your application is approved, pay the fee used for registration plus the khata certificate or extract fee.
6. You can then collect your khata certificate or khata extract.
A-khata is legal property.
A-Khata certifies that the property owner has paid the property tax to the BBMP. The property conforms to all the buildings bylaws regarding properties.
A-Khata owners can have a trade license, necessary supplies, building plan approvals, and the opportunity to get bank loans on the property.
Buying an A-Khata property is safe and legal; it also allows constructing a building and building license.
A-khata site means something which is under BBMP limits in Bangalore. In this limit, if you have a property, it doesn’t need to be under a Khata. If you have paid all the property tax or paid all the betterment charges and if the deputy commission converts them as a-khata, then it is A-Khata property.
How Do You Know If You Are A-Khata?
If the property comes under the BBMP and BBMP limits’ jurisdiction, they are considered A-that. A-Khata is legal property, not illegal or semi-legal property.
i. Properties under B-Khata are illegal or are in offense of government regulations and building bylaws.
ii. Taxes of building which are constructed illegally or constructed under violation of bylaws construction or revenue lands come under the right of BBMP.
iii. Having a B-Khata document does not allow the owner to buy any government based license.
iv. Loans from government banks are not provided to B-khata document holders, but they can take loans from private banks or offices.
Is B-Khata Safe?
It can’t be considered a safe place. B-Khata does not come under BDA, and that’s why it is not safe. By having B-Khata, you will always have fear in your mind, and you will have to fill a huge amount of penalty to the government because of its illegal Validation.
The process to get B-khata property :
- Create an EC certificate for your flat. (Encumbrance certificate) with a time of at least a year. You will have to fill form 22, which is free of cost. One year cost for EC is Rs.35.
- Get khata application form of Rs.10And 5 documents ( Title certificate, building sanction letter, betterment charges receipt, a sketch of the layout.
- Fill up the form green and pink, sale deed form, possession certificate, GPA if required or used.
- Add documents such as EC, the latest property tax receipt, plan of the flat, and other flat documents.
- Visit again after 15 days.
- Pay the khata registration fee.
- Submit the DDS to the ARO office and get stamped acknowledgment.
- Again wait for 15days. We will have to do this every 15 days.
- Verify the notification whether the name and spellings are correct or not.
- Take the document to the ARO office with applications for issuing khata certificate and khata extract.
- You will receive your khata extract and certificate.
Differences In A-Khata And B-Khata
1. A-khata property owners can enjoy the benefits of water connection, electricity connection, etc., but B-Khata property owners cannot use the same facilities.
2. Personal bank loans on the property can only be granted to A-Khata property holders. They can take loans from the government as well as private banks. B-Khata property owners can only take loans from private banks.
3. Trade license and permission is granted only to A-Khata property owners and not to B-Khata property owners.
4. Property tax is compulsory for all types of Khata.
Steps to convert B-khata into A-khata :
Step 1 – District commissioner conversion is required to convert agricultural land into non-agricultural land.
Step 2- All the due taxes have to be paid.
Step 3- Get a khata form and submit it to the BBMP office.
Step 4- Provide all required documents along with the form.
Step 5- Pay the BBMP betterment charge and submit it to your area’s assistant revenue officer.
- E-Khata lets you pay your property taxes online plus offline.
- Let’s you print your Khata certificate and extracts from any BBM KIOSK in the city.
Can you download khata extract online?
Yes, you can download e-khata online. Verification of panchayat or village e-khata certificate can also be done online without any handwritten paperwork.
Is e-khata safe or not?
Yes, it is full of safety, and it is legal to buy e-khata. E-Khata is an electronic process that shows all the information and details about the property owner. A-Khata and e-Khata both are equally legal and 100% safe.
How to fill an e-khata certificate?
You can get your e-khata certificate very easily without any long process or much time.
- E-Khata application forms are available online.
- Fill in the required details carefully.
- Attach and submit required documents.
- Upload the application to the BBMP website with every document asked.
- Take a print of the application so that it can be used in the future.
Benefits Of Having An e-khata :
i. E-khata is an online computerized khata.
ii. The PIN allows receiving property tax receipts online.
iii. Property tax can be paid online.
iv. Easy to use and saves time.
v. It is legal, and government certified.
Can you get khata without OC?
Yes, you can get khata without an Occupancy Certificate, but then your property will not be obeying the BDA/BBMP by-laws and regulations. If the building is not as per plan, then it is illegal. The building isn’t safe to buy because its quality and safety of construction are compromised. The building cannot manage its supply of waste, sewage, water without an occupancy certificate.
What is the khata number in the land?
Khata number in general language is an account number or number provided by a government revenue officer who shows the owner details and the number of partitions in any land. Khata number is given to various owners in Khewat.
What is the PID number?
The PID number can be a combination of ward number, street number, plot number. A singular street number has been assigned to each street, and a property number has been assigned within the road. It requested that citizens shall mention a new PIO for all property-related transactions in the future.
Steps to create a new PID number –
- To create a new PID number, you’ll have to attend the link bbmp.gov.in.
- Open, GIS-based new PID.
- Select ‘To know your new PID click here.’
- You can put your old PIN or appliance number you used for 2008-2009 land tax payments and then click search.
- Click on your name and then click “Fletch.”You’ll receive a print; check if it’s correct or not. You can copy and take a print of the present page.
- Click on the tab ‘Click here to look at your property in the GIS map.
- You can go to the BBMP office whenever a query occurs.
- In your land tax receipt, this new PID number will also tend.
Steps to fill the form of Khata Transfer
- Fill in the online application form.
- Upload documents online: Sale deed copy, tax paid receipt, and EC.
- Digital sign the document online: with your Aadhaar number and OTP.
- When you get an SMS from BBMP, go and pay the amount to any Bangalore one center.
- Download the digitally signed khata.
Documents Required For Khata Transfer
- Sale deed copy
- Tax paid receipt
- Details of the khata
- National saving certificate
- If the previous owner is dead, a certificate is required.
- In settling cases, an affidavit is required for ensuring the purchasing person is a legal heir or not.
Can we consider BBMP khata as proof of ownership in property?
No, BBMP or any other kind of Khata certificate does not prove the person’s ownership of any property. Khata certificate is the only evidence that proves that the person or owner has paid all the taxes. BBMP Khata is used for registration when purchasing new properties, for water connection, electricity connection, license-such as building license, or trade license.
How can you transfer a dead persons BBMP khata?
After the owner is dead, the property and needs not required to be registered again. You have to take the death certificate of that person to the BBMP office, so that property can be distributed among all the nominees or joint names (whether it is wife, mother, father, children). The latest Khata certificate and receipt of all taxes paid are also required for transfer and that certificate. Once the process is done, all the legal heirs become the owner of the property.
How to get a duplicate khata certificate?
You can go to the bank with laminated khata. If they are not ready to accept, then provide them with a xerox copy of the original khata as proof. If none of these processes works, you can visit any BBMP office and request a duplicate copy of your A-khata.
The government has ordered to ban all the handwritten khata because of its increasing number of fraud and corruption. The government has requested to usee-khatas instead of other different handwritten khatas. Property owners of all the types of khata have to pay property tax from time to time. Khata extracts are required when a person wants to register his property. Khata certificate is required when a person wants to sell his property or land. Hence, Khata is evidence that proofs property tax is paid regularly of an individual’s property. One can carry out further legal proceedings involving the property if they have the khata copy with them.