If you search for a proper entertainment credit card, then HDFC Platinum Credit Card is popularly known for it in the entire nation. On the yearly fee of Rs.1,000, the credit card can get a discount on dining and movie tickets, and this way, the cardholders can get to earn rewards on every purchase. This HDFC Platinum Credit Card also offers a Titanium version, which will be available at a yearly fee of Rs.500.
Key Highlights Of HDFC Platinum Credit Card
- HDFC Platinum Credit Card can get up to Rs.2 lakhs on the purchase protection.
- You can get 2 reward points on Rs.150 of expenditure with HDFC Platinum Credit Card.
- With this HDFC Platinum Credit Card, you can get 50% or more reward points on expenditures of Rs.50,000 or above in one statement cycle.
How Can You Redeem Your Points From HDFC Platinum Credit Card?
You can redeem all your points earned on your HDFC Platinum Credit Card from the HDFC Bank’srewards catalog for vouchers or products.
Here, below you can see the process of redeeming the points from your HDFC Platinum Credit Card: –
- First, you need to log in HDFC net banking account.
- But, if you have not yet registered your HDFC Platinum Credit Card, you will have to register it, and then you can continue the process of redeeming the points.
- Then click on ‘Redeem Reward Points’, and then you can continue to the Online Redemption portal.
- Then click on ‘Redeem Reward Points’ again, then you can adjust the points and understand the items if they are presented for redemption.
- You can choose the objects you feel to have and add them to your shopping cart.
- Before you check out, make sure that the given details like email ID and your address are correct. Because all the products will be sent to your registered address, so make sure that it is correct. And in any case, if you want to change any of the details, then you need to give a call to HDFC Credit Card Customer Service and appeal to them to update your details. After your details are updated, then you can continue with your redeeming of your points.
- Then click on ‘Redeem,’ and you will have to write down the redemption order number as you will need to have the redemption number for all future communication related to your redemption process.
HDFC Platinum Credit Card Features And Benefits
- You can earn 2 reward points on each Rs.150 of expenditure.
- You can get more than 50% of the rewards o Rs.150 of expenditure of more than Rs.50,000 on each statement cycle.
- You can earn 10 reward points on every Rs.150 of dining expenditure on weekdays.
2. Add-On Cards
You can get in total 3 add-on cards for your entire family.
- For your card, you have EMV Chip technology to protect yourself from fraud.
- If your card is lost, you need to report it with zero liability on the lost card immediately.
You can get 50 days of interest-free credit on your HDFC Platinum Credit Card.
5. Bill Payment
You can pay your phone bills and utility bills by registering your HDFC Platinum Credit Card with SmartPay.
6. Movie Offers
In one year, you can have a 25% discount on movie tickets and save Rs.1,800.
7. Dining Offers
You can access a 20% discount with more than 600 partner restaurants with HDFC Bank and can save for Rs.9,600 in one year.
8. Fuel Surcharge Waiver
You can access 1% of fuel surcharge waiver for up to Rs.500 in one month and save for Rs.1,500 in one year.
9. Annual Fee Waiver
You need to spend Rs.2.50 lakhs in one year, and with that, you can waive the yearly fee of Rs.1,000.
10. Insurance Coverage
With this HDFC Platinum Credit Card, you can get the privilege of having a different type of insurance coverage: –
- Accidental Death Insurance
- Fire and Burglary Protection
11. Accidental Death Insurance
- You need to have at least 4 transactions of more than or equal to Rs.100 in one calendar a month.
- With that, you can also get an accidental death insurance cover for up to 5 times your credit limit for up to Rs.50 lakhs.
12. Purchase Protection For Fire And Burglary Insurance
- On the purchase of a product, you can purchase for at least Rs.5,000.
- The insurance coverage of Rs.25,000 on each for the personal portable equipment.
- You can entitle to 180 days on the post-purchase of the product. But if any entitlement is covered after 180 days of the period, it will not be considered.
- For all other extra properties, the insurance coverage is for up to Rs.2 lakhs.
HDFC Platinum Credit Card Charges
HDFC Platinum Credit Card Eligibility And Documents Required
With your HDFC Platinum Credit Card application form, you will also have to give in valid proof of address, identity, and income.
Also, the document submission list will differ from person to person. But, the common general list of mandatory documents is mentioned below: –
- Address Proof – Passport, Ration Card, Aadhaar Card, etc.
- Identity Proof – PAN Card, Driving License, Aadhaar Card, and Passport.
- Income Proof – Form 16, Latest Payslips, Latest Income Tax Returns.
How To Apply For The Card?
To apply for this credit card, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps: –
- You need to visit the official website of HDFC Bank to start the process for your application.
- Then you will have to fill out some basic details by just entering income, mobile number, existing cards, and many more.
- Then you will have to filter the results of HDFC Bank Credit Cards.
- Then you can ‘Check Eligibility for HDFC Platinum Credit Card and give more details.
- As per the details asked, you can fill out the entire application form with detailed information.
- From your registered mobile number, you can authorize your application by the OPT sent on your phone.
- Then you may submit your application form.
On your applying, an HDFC Bank executive will give you a call and set a time and date as per your convenience to file the documentation. With that, a field officer will come to the mentioned place to collect all the documents. On that note, the bank will examine all the documents, and if you get qualified, then the card will be delivered to your address within 12-15 working days.
1. Which one is a healthier card, HDFC Bank Titanium Times Credit Card or HDFC Bank Platinum Times Credit Card?
The key alteration among the two credit cards is the number of reward points that they suggest and the yearly fees stimulated. The HDFC Bank Titanium Times Credit Card controls a yearly fee of only Rs.500 and renounces it if a purchaser applies Rs.1.50 lakh or more. HDFC Bank Platinum Times Credit Card, on the supplementary hand, controls a yearly fee of Rs.1,000 and renounces it if a purchaser applies Rs.2.50 lakh or more. We endorse that you read the in-depth assessment of the two credit cards if needed.
2. In what way do I convert the reward points earned on the Platinum Times Credit Card?
You can convert the reward points by net banking or through the post.
3. Do I get cash back or AirMiles on the HDFC Platinum Times Credit Card?
No. You get reward points only. Nevertheless, if you need, you can convert your reward points into AirMiles. You will get 100 InterMiles for each 1,000 of the reward points.
4. Can I hand over the balance from my other credit card to HDFC Bank Platinum Times Credit Card?
es. You may hand over the remaining amount on your other bank’s credit card to HDFC Bank Platinum Times Credit Card. The balance handover processing fee is Rs.250 or 1.00% of the Balance transfer amount; either is advanced.
5. Can I make worldwide dealings on HDFC Bank Platinum Times Credit Card?
Can I make worldwide dealings on HDFC Bank Platinum Times Credit Card?
Yes. You can make worldwide dealings on this HDFC Bank Platinum Times Credit Card. You will be stimulated with a mark-up fee which is 3.50% of the sum managed. This will be functional to the contract made foreign for both retail as well as online. The fee is also functional on dealings made in India, where the POS mechanism is recorded in an alternative nation. For example, Duty-Free shops.
6. What is the legitimacy of the reward points produced on this card?
Your reward points are legal for two years from the time of accrual. So, all facts received in July 2019 will decrease in July 2021.
7. Are there any goods that the free of charge purchase protection is not cover?
Yes. The purchase protection does not cover any harm or forfeiture instigated by fire to articles that are flammable in nature, motor vehicles, pedal cycle deeds, bills of exchange, promissory notes, business books, manuscripts, precious stones, jewelry of any kind, valuables, and certificates.
8. What is the interest-free period on this HDFC Platinum Credit Card?
You get to relish an interest-free period for up to 50 days on this HDFC Platinum Credit Card.
9. Is there any capacity on the points that you earn?
No. There is no capacity for the points that you earn. Nevertheless, points received on cover dealings will be covered at 2,000 points per deal.
10. How do I brand an entitlement for the accidental death insurance?
To make an entitlement, the cardholder’s lawful inheritor must close the bank of any accidental death within 30 days of its happening. They can do this by transferring an e-mail to email@example.com. Post this; all applicable credentials want to be succumbed by the lawful inheritor. All the credentials need to be referred within 60 days of the accidental death and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cards Similar To The HDFC Platinum Credit Card
That is all the HDFC Platinum Credit Card has to offer it every cardholder. This credit card is elementary.
Also, if you opt for this HDFC Platinum Credit Card, then ask for Money-Back or any other credit card you have to upgrade yourself to a better credit card with many high reward points.