Ever tried a mid-premium credit card? The features are almost premium, but the charges are not as premium. Here is the HDFC Millennia. Featuring the best rewards at the best charges, it is very suitable for common people. But not to compromise with the benefits – at Rs 1000 as the annual fee, you will get lounge access. So to know more, stick around to “HDFC Millennia credit card and its review”.
You might be overwhelmed to see the rewards, benefits of such a mid-premium credit card.
- Cash points and cashback on shopping, hotel and flight booking are attractive. Especially, the rewards are available even in paying membership fees.
- No charges are applied in case of accidentally losing the credit card.
- Easy EMI conversion and contactless payment are also available.
- Priority pass and lounge access within India are also given.
- You can enjoy 50 days grace period.
The rewards are quite disappointing because, at a similar level, credit cards offer a bit better than HDFC millennia. Still, we have a mood to check out the rewards program.
From the above information, one thing is clear that you will get more benefits from an online platform. Another two important information are –
- You will get maximum cashback per month capped at Rs 750.
- The cashpoints are really worth it – each cash point is Rs 1.
The question that comes to mind is how to redeem the rewards, minimum requirements to redeem the rewards, etc. Let’s know deeply.
- A minimum of 2500 cash points is required to redeem the cashpoint balance. Remember, whatever the amount is, you will receive money in multiples of Rs 500.
- Cashpoints are really helpful – you can use them even in case of flight booking, hotel booking. But here, the cashpoints are less valued – 1 cash point stands for Rs 0.30 only.
- Unfortunately, they will expire if you do not redeem the cash points within 1 year. So, be careful!
Who should opt for this card?
It should be clear that this credit card is not premium and provides special value for money. Common and middle – the class family will find this card really helpful. For people whose monthly expenditure is not too high but are regular purchasers, this smart earned credit card is for them. These people are looking for the best value for a money credit card to save some extra money from the expenditure itself. HDFC Millennia is introduced for these people. People who understand the expenditure/facilities ratio well are the main users of this card.
They use the card technically so that they can gain the maximum facility from it. They can use cash points, reward points, cashback- these types of rewards optimally. They know the offers and discounts well and the fields where they can be availed. Today do the homework very well before making any purchase. For whom the value of a single rupee is high, the card suits only them.
It is not the fact that who will use the card. The user should know their position, usage pattern and then opt for this card.
As the card is not a premium one, fees are not too much to bear.
Features And Benefits
As you expected, being a mid-premium credit card, the benefits are quite good as the premium one.
1. Rewards program: As you have noticed in point 1, the rewards are quite good. In every field, you have the opportunity to get the rewards – be it online or offline shopping, flight booking, hotel booking and anything you like!
2. Quick EMI conversion: Like any premium credit card, you can also convert the big purchase values into affordable monthly instalments. And the more interesting thing is that you will get cashback for doing so.
3. Lounge access: Another premium feature is priority pass and lounge access in selected airports. You will get 8 complimentary lounge access every year. You can check the official site for various lounge access programs.
4. The fuel charge is low: The fuel surcharge is very low – only 1% charge on refuelling a minimum of Rs 400.
5. Pay but no contact: If your transaction amount is up to Rs 5000, you don’t have to enter any credit PIN. Also, the HDFC Millennia credit card supports contactless payment with security enabled. You can check the symbol of the contactless network on your card.
6. You do not have to pay any charge in losing the credit card if you report to the bank within 24 hours.
Why is this credit card than others?
Of course, there is some reason behind this claim. Check it out:
Eligibility Criteria And Documents Required
Seriously, the simplicity of the eligibility criteria will attract many people.
- You have to be an Indian.
- Your age should range between 21 to 60 years.
- If you are a salaried person, your monthly income should be a minimum of Rs 25000.
- And for self-employed, the income should be Rs 6 lakh or more in a year.
- Documents required: A proof of identity and proof of address/residence are sufficient for applying for this card. You can choose anyone for each case from the below list:
- AADHAR card, PAN card, Voter card slip, driving license – for identity proof.
- Ration card, water bill, gas connection bill, the electric bill – for address proof.
Cards Similar To This Card
There are similar credit cards available for competition. Let’s check them out.
How To Apply For This Card?
I hope that, after reading up on this, you have decided to apply! But don’t know how? Let me know you.
- Go to the official hdfcbank.com.You will find some questions are asking for details. Fill very carefully.
- In the second step, you have to fill in some other fields – mobile number, PAN number, pin code, Net annual income, and so on. Keep all the documents ready in your hand to avoid an error.
- Fill the forms very carefully. And also, read all the disclaimer terms and conditions before applying.
I am not describing all the points for applying for the card. It is a straightforward process. Fill in the form and enter the next form by clicking on the “next” button. Remember- forms will be rejected in case of any false information.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can HDFC allow me to apply for this card since I already own one?
Ans: Fortunately, HDFC allows their customers to have more than one cards based on their performance. They will check your credit history, any pending transaction or not and much more.
2. What is the credit limit of HDFC Millenia credit card?
Every time this question comes to your mind, you should remember that not only for HDFC – any bank does not disclose it. The only reason behind this is that the bank will decide this by seeing your credit performance.
3. What is the grace period?
On the official site, it is clearly mentioned that the interest-free period or grace period is up to 50 days.
4. Can I waive the annual fee?
Yes, of course, you can! You can waive off the annual fee by expensing a total of Rs 1 lakh in a year.
Here, the time comes for the conclusion. After the long discussion of facilities and disadvantages, one question comes to our mind: “whether should I apply for the card or not?” See, nothing can be facilities or disadvantages to you if you are not that type of user. For example, you are happy with the traditional cash payment system. The usage of a credit card seems to be an extra burden for you. You are not a regular customer and have not faced any issues over the transaction till now. Then why should you use a credit card?
But if you are the other group members, then the question comes. Suppose you have to deal with a large number of customers or you like purchasing from online etc. Then there is a question of choosing the best credit card. Considering all the situations, this credit card really holds smart value for a mid-budget regular customer.
I hope you have cleared all the doubts by reading this article. Thank you and see you again later!