With the shift of PF account details and actions online, a lot of paperwork is saved. In this article, you will find a complete guide to EPF Online Transfer Claims through OTCP and UAN Member Portal, which was one of the most tedious tasks concerning EPF account actions.
This online system has facilitated the transfer of claims online by the members with a motive to make the transfer process transparent, efficient, and comfortable for employees. All the employees should use these facilities to avoid any discrepancies.
Without losing time, let us jump into it. OTCP (online transfer Claim Portal) is launched by EPFO to allow the Transfer of EPF account from one employer to another when an employee switches a job from one company to another. Its purpose is to online transfer PF contributions from one account to another of the employee with ease and convenience.
Prerequisites Needed For The Transfer Of Claims Through OTCP:
For transfer of the claims through OTCP some prerequisites are needed to be done which are:
1. PF account number of the recent and that prior company.
2. Joining letter date and date of leaving the previous company.
3. Joining date of the current company.
4. Bank account IFSC and bank account no of the employee.
5. A digital signature certificate (DSC) is most important. It is issued by a licensed certifying authority (CA) and should be a registered one. It is used for the digital signing the form 13 discussed later.
What Is The Eligibility Of The Transfer Claim For An Employee:
The employee must first check the eligibility of the transfer claim.
Step 1: The applicant must visit the portal https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/index.php
Step 2: Then click on online transfer Claim Portal.
Step 3: Select ‘ Check Eligibility for Filing Online Transfer Claim’.
Step 4: Enter the account details of current and previous employer.
Step 5: Click on the check eligibility button.
If you are a registered member, then select the login option on the eligibility screen or create a registration by visiting the site. Here you would know if you are eligible for it.
For registration visit : https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
How To Write An Application For Transfer Of EPF Account?
The process of application for Transfer of EPF Account
Time Duration 3 minutes
1. Login To OTPC Portal
Enter Your KYC Document details to log in to the OTPC portal https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
2. Select Request For Transfer
In the claim menu option, select ‘ Request for transfer of EPF account’.
3. Enter Previous EPF account details
The applicant should enter the details of previous EPF account details and his/ her personal information, as asked in the sections mentioned. Hereby, you are filling the Form 13 which is used for the request of transfer of EPF Account.
4. Enter Personal Details
Now, the Part -C of the form must be filled with your personal details and current EPF Account details.
5. Choose Submit Details
At last, you have an option to choose to submit the transfer of the claims to either of the past or current employer.
6. Click Submit
Enter the Captcha Code on the screen and click on ‘ Get PIN ‘. Enter the PIN received on your registered mobile number and then click on ‘submit’.
Process Of Submitting The Hard Copy Of The Printable Form
As the request process is successful, then you should move on to the process of submitting the hard copy of the printable Form- 13.
1. Select ‘Claim’ Menu option and click on ‘ View Status of the Transfer Claim ‘.
2. Print the hard copy of Form 13 filled online and submit the duly signed printout of it to the present or past employer depending upon the option you selected while filling the form within 15 days of application. If the submission exceeds 15 days, the employer could reject the claim application.
3. Contact the authorized signatories provided under the ‘Employer’ details in the ‘ View status of the Transfer Claim’ in the claim menu tab.
After the submission of form 13, you can relax and look into the status of your EPF transfer claim.
Tracking Status Of The Claim Application
If there are any discrepancies in the employer’s application form, please edit and send you the revised claim form.
To view status, click on the claim menu option and select ‘ View the status of the transfer of claims‘.
The employer may reject the application based on :
- A signed copy of the printable form, not received by the member.
- Applicant details do not match with the database of the company.
- A discrepancy in the signatures.
Apart from this, your application should be approved.
Currently UAN portal itself does not provide support for the transfer of the claims; you have to use OTPC in conjunction with it.
For the PF money transfer, you could go to UAN member Portal, log into it, locate online transactions, and then fulfill the required conditions, and it would be credited with 15 days.
EPF Transfer Through UAN Portal:
EPFO is continuously engaged in revolutionizing and organizing the EPF transfer as easy as possible. It has rolled out EPF transfer through UAN portal. This has made transfer and withdrawal process hassle-free and comforting. With the availability of the same feature under the UAN portal has helped in managing the services efficiently. So let us look for the procedure to get EPF transfer through UAN portal.
So, here is a step by step guide to guide you through the process:
1. Visit the UAN member portal site: https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
2. Then sign in to your UAN account. If you don’t have the account on the same, then make. Enter the Username and password to log in.
3. Select ‘One Member – One EPF Account (Transfer Request)’ option from the online service tab.
4. Confirm your details. This would include your name, past and present employers and many more personal details.
5. Look into the details of the previous employer from whom you want the transfer. Then, locate Get details option under it.
6. You will receive a radio option to select from a previous or current employer. You need to select one of them to attest to the claim form.
7. Now you need to enter the member id or UAN number to proceed further.
8. Locate the option for getting OTP to get a verification Pin. You need to enter the PIN received on the registered mobile number.
9. Then click on the submit button to authenticate your PIN.
10. As soon as the redirected page after submission appears, your side of work is done on the portal. Now the employee would look into the request raised.
11. A form 13 filled with personal details is shown. This form would also ask for the details of past and present employers. You can download the same and have a hard copy of it.
12. Lastly, you need to digitally sign the application and attest to the transfer claim with a week or so.
To track the status sign in to the portal using the link : https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
Locate the online service tab on the home page. Navigate the option toolbar to find the option of Track Claim status. Then click on it. If the employer approves the claim, then the portal will show accepted by the employee. But remember, it would take around 2-3 months to process your application to the fullest. So keep patience.
But the process has been brought down from the UAN portal. The officials have said that they have some charges in the same. And the updated process would be uploaded in the near future. So you can’t currently transfer claims through UAN portal. So opt for OTPC instead.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What should an employer do if he is not satisfied with the genuineness of the member on
Ans:- As the P.F. accumulations and service details of the member are communicated to his present P.F. account ,only the mentioned claim by the employer has to be satisfied by himself/herself about the genuineness of the claim. In case he is not satisfied with the genuineness ofthe member on the claim duly signed by the member or otherwise, he has an option to rejectthe claim presented by the employee stating the reasons for the same.
2. What is a Digital Signature Certificate (DSC)?Why do I need a Digital Signature Certificate?
A Digital Signature Certificate is an electronic proof to your identity, to access information or services on the Internet or to sign certain documents digitally.
It renders you with a high level of encrypted security for your online transactions. This type of security can’t be hacked. A DSC ensures absolute privacy of the information exchanged. You can digitally sign information to convince the recipient that it has not been changed in transit, and also ascertain your identity as the sender of the message.
3. From Where I Can Get the DSC?
You may look for it on the following websites:
4. What are the different classes of Digital Signature Certificates available in the market? Which class of Digital signature Certificates fulfil the requirements for digital attestation/ verification in respect of EPFO?
There are four classes of Digital Signature Certificates as follows:
Class 0 Certificate: This is only for demonstration/ test purposes.
Class 1 Certificate: To individuals/private subscribers for E-Mail with high encryption used by Banks etc.
Class 2 Certificate: These certificates will be handed out for both business personnel and privateindividuals use. These certificates will verify that the information in the application delivered by the subscriber does not dispute with the information in the well-recognized consumer database.
Class 3 Certificate: This certificate will be granted to individuals as well as organizations. These are highly encrypted and secured assurance certificates. They are generally for use by e-commerce applications. This certificate be granted to individuals only on their personal (physical) appearance in front of the CertifyingAuthorities or often known as CA.
Class 2 or Class 3 Digital Signature Certificates would be accepted for the work related to EPFO.
4. Can I hide employment history or lie about it?
There is no need to hide the history as the employer has no control onto your PF account balance.
It is advised to transfer old PF account to new as soon as you change organisations. You should never lie about the employment history as you may be fired and a court case might be issued.
EPF savings are one of the most sought after investment for the employees. Earlier withdrawal and transfer of the Claims required a lot of paperwork and hours of meeting. This also leads to various under the table handing out of money to get it done. But with advancement to technologies and Database systems, this tedious work has just become a matter of clicks from your home. OTCP and UAN transfer of the claims has revolutionized the handling of accounts, and we as citizens should make full use of it.