Many of us want to travel by air – but don’t get anything to fulfil our dream. Here Citibank offers you some exclusive travel offers, which are really impressive for those thirsty travellers. Whatever the reward points you have earned, you can add 4 miles of air distance with each reward point! Isn’t that cool? Apart from travelling, some of us love playing, and some of us have not a clear idea about gift deliveries, table reservations, and so many professional courtesies. Can Citibank cover all these aspects? We should light upon each aspect, offers, rewards in Citibank Prestige credit card and its detailed review. Let’s roll on!
Key Highlights Of Citibank Prestige Credit Card
- Easily convert any big purchase value into an affordable EMI scheme.
- Get any loan or advance cash instantly with this card.
- A higher amount of reward points with premium features and access.
- 24×7 hour concierge service for table reservation, flight booking, airport lounge access, and much more!
- Get a complimentary priority pass at 1300+ airports, get an extra one night free if you stay 4 nights in any hotel in the world.
- The reward points are worthy – 4 air miles can be added with the usual flight distance from a single Citi Prestige reward point, and you can transfer the earned reward points to Citibank’s airline partners.
Rewards On Citibank Prestige Credit Card
Rewards will be vast as compared to normal credit cards. Again, the rewards are reward points, some discounts and access to some premium features. Let’s see what are those.
Charges Of Citibank Prestige Credit Card
Being a premium credit card makes sense that the charges will be high. Specifically, the annual fees may be very awkward to you because it really seems to be very high!
Eligibility Criteria Of Citibank Prestige Credit Card
The minimum income to be eligible for applying for the card clearly suggests that the card is for rich, fancy persons. Let’s see what those and the documents required for this are.
- You have to be an Indian.
- Your age should be in between 21-40 years.
- And the biggest constraint- your annual income should be 25 lakhs or above.
You have to keep ready some proofs as documents that the bank asks to apply for this card.
- Identity proof- you can choose any of the following- PAN card, AADHAR card, Voter Id slip as proof.
- Address/residence proof- An address proof is also required. You can choose any of the following-ration cards, electric bill, water bill, telephone bill, gas connection bill, or anything.
- Income proof – This is the most important document you have to show. You can show the Latest pay slip of three months, Form 16, or anything as income proof.
Is Citibank Prestige Credit Card Is Better Than Similar Cards?
We know no monopoly of a specific credit card in the market. Here we are going to discuss head-to-head comparison.
Who Should Go For A Citibank Prestige Credit Card?
The net income constraint in the eligibility criteria makes it clear that this card is for the ‘fancy’ users. [Eligibility criteria are discussed in point 4] People who love to travel, shop, and enjoy golf rounds – the card suits them. Saving is not at all important to them. Rather they love to spend money for enjoying their life. A luxurious lifestyle is their motto. Daily usage patterns are completely different from other people. They should be the main users of this card. Rewards attract them much, and they don’t hesitate to follow the transaction or any other goals to avail the rewards. Of course, not all rich people need to apply for this card!
The credit card is exclusively for premium users. If you are one of those persons having a net income very good, you may apply for this card. You have to be that. Otherwise, you will be struck at the constraint of eligibility criteria. There is no question of common people applying for this card.
Features And Benefits Of Citibank Prestige Credit Card
I know you have scrolled down a lot to check out only for this point! It is quite obvious that a premium credit card will definitely offer premium features and access. But what are the uniqueness, salient features? They are detailed below –
i. Attractive Rewards And Air Miles
Have you ever seen that reward points can be converted into air miles! Here it is happening. According to Citibank 1, bonus/reward points are equal to 4 extra air miles – which means you can travel more distance than your usual booking condition. This may be very attractive to travellers. But note that you have to travel by air..not on land! There is no facility or extra reward on travel by train whether it is luxurious or not.
ii. Enjoy Golf Rounds
Those who love playing or watching Golf rounds may be happy after knowing this point. Because Citibank offers 4 free golf rounds at partnered golf courses.
iii. Concierge Service Everywhere
This is a unique feature of this credit card. If you are not an expert on flight bookings, reservations of a table, event/ shows, gift deliveries – don’t worry! You can get 24×7 hours of advice about those by contacting them. Everything will be done via phone call.
iv. Airport Lounge Access
Like every premium credit card, this also offers free unlimited lounge access at the airport. Also, you don’t have to wait a long time for the check-in process at selected airports. There are also advisors available who will give you full guidance about arrival and departure. Easy pick-up and drop service from your home to the airport and vice-versa are also available.
v. Enjoy The Tour Extra
Using this credit card, you can stay one extra night in selected hotels absolutely free!
Convert any purchases into easy, affordable EMI options with this card. Almost all cards are offering the contactless facility. This card also not exceptional.
vii. Attractive Coverage On-Air Accident
You can get more than enough coverage in case of any unwanted events. Let’s see what those are:
- You can claim up to Rs 5 crore in case of an air accident.
- You can claim up to USD 50000 as Overseas medical insurance.
- And fraud protection of Rs 10 lakh can also be covered.
viii. Join Special Events
- Immerse yourself into happy hours: Upgrade your enjoyment to the next level on the ‘happy hours’ where you can enjoy drinks between 6 pm to 8 pm every day, and also 25% epicure points are added.
- Be a member of Taj Inner Circle: You can avail yourself more discounts by being a member of the Taj Inner Circle Epicure plan at absolutely free. This facility is under the concierge service of Citibank.
Cards Similar To Citibank Prestige Credit Card
Several banks are trying to compete with this card and have almost the same features. No credit card is best in all the fields; there are some plus points and some other plus points in another.
How To Apply For This card?
Again, the online process is simple enough. Still, I am giving some hints to do so.
- Go to the official website, you will find some questions are asking for details. Fill very carefully.
- On the second step, you have to fill in some other fields – mobile number, PAN number, pin code, Net annual income, and so on. Keep all the documents ready in your hand to avoid an error.
- Fill the forms very carefully. And also, read all the disclaimer terms and conditions before applying.
I am not describing all the points for applying for the card. It is a straightforward process. Fill in the form and enter the next form by clicking on the “next” button. Remember- forms will be rejected in case of any false information.
1. How much is the credit score required to apply for this card?
See, this credit card is introduced for premium features. They will expect from their customer that no pending payments should be there. So, a good credit score suggests that you have a good history of this. By seeing this, they can trust you and makes you eligible to apply for this card. Generally, they require a 700 or above credit score to do so.
2. What is the credit limit of the Citibank Prestige card?
Generally, other banks offer an 18 to 50 days grace period, but here it is not so that. It depends on income, age, credit score, the certainty of your employment, and so on. Considering these situations, the bank will decide the credit limit.
3. Any contactless facility is available?
Yes, but I would say that it may not be too beneficial for you. You can do transactions worth Rs 2000 without entering the PIN.
4. What is fraud protection?
If a transaction has occurred by fraud, you can claim up to Rs 10 lakh, depending on the transaction amount. But here is a bit tricky thing. It is assumed that the PIN is with you, and any transaction done by entering the PIN is fully your responsibility even if you don’t do that! In that case, you cannot claim anything.
After the long review, I hope you have to mug up all the merits and demerits of this card. But the question comes to mind whether a ‘fancy’ person should apply for this card or not? My suggestion is, of course! Here I am talking to only those ‘fancy’ persons. See, you want a credit card for all-in-one purposes.
You want a premium card that offers premium features. But the Citibank prestige credit card offers more benefits like golf rounds, more insurance coverage than others. Also, it should be the best choice for thirsty travellers because it really offers a great in travelling. Being a premium card, it enables many luxurious features for you. You can get more coverages which are really important in some accidental cause. Considering all the aspects, my vote will always go for Axis Bank’s select credit card.