The American Express Platinum travel credit card is best for people who like travelling. If you spend a lot on travelling this is the best choice for you. In this article, you will get all the information about Credit Card. This will be a kind of a review. This article will no doubt will help you to choose the right card for you. Without further ado, let’s get started.
Key Highlights Of American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card
Let see some of the important points of credit cards.
Rewards On American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card
Let us see what reward you will receive if you use the credit card.
- You earned a Bonus membership reward point of 5,000. It is redeemable on the travel voucher of Ra. 4,000. You can get this by spending Rs—5,000 or more. The transaction has to be made in the first 60 days of card activation.
- You get 1 reward point for every Rs 50 spent on other transactions. It is not applicable in fuel, insurance, utilities, and cash transactions.
- When you sign up for American Express Travel Online (ATO), you get 10,000 membership reward points. You can redeem it on the Flipkart voucher. You can also pay with points in ATO worth Rs. 3,000.
- If you spend Rs. 1,90,000 in a year, you get a milestone reward. You will get 15,000 membership reward points. You can redeem it on Flipkart vouchers. Or you can use the pay with points option in ATO worth Rs. 4,500. You also get 3,400 regular membership points. It can be redeemed on vouchers and travel benefits worth Rs. 1,020.
- If you spend Rs 4,00,000 or more, you get 25,000 membership reward points. This can be redeemed on Flipkart vouchers. Or you can use the pay with points option in ATO worth Rs. 7,500. You can also get 3,600 regular membership points. This is redeemable on a Flipkart voucher or travel benefits worth Rs. 1,080.
- You can get Taj, SeleQtions, and Vivanta hotels E-gift cards worth Rs. 10,000.
What Makes American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card Better Than Other Credit Cards?
One of the best parts about the credit card is its voucher and travel benefits. It is one of the best travel expenses credit cards. It offers an E-gift voucher for Taj Hotel. This is a rare option offered by credit cards in India. This option is best suited for customers who have a taste for Taj Hotels.
Another benefit that makes it stand out from other platinum cards is its reward rate. It has an above-average reward rate of 0.88%. It goes like this,
- Every Rs. 50 = 1 Reward Point
- 1 reward point = Rs. 0.44
A cardholder can also choose various options of redemption. This option includes cash, travel voucher, gift voucher, etc., at various redemption rates. This provides the cardholder to choose according to their needs.
Apart from this cardholder gets one complimentary domestic lounge visit. This is applicable for every quarter (3 months). This means you get 4 complimentary lounge visits every year. While other cards generally provide 1-2 complimentary lounge visits every year.
Who Should Opt For American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card?
You can go for the credit card if you,
- Do frequent travel.
- Are you looking for a travel credit card?
- Are a frequent flyer.
- Like to have reward points over cashback.
- If you spend a lot on travelling.
- Suppose you like to stay at Taj Hotels and travel by indigo airlines. Though there are many other rewards, these two offer the highest.
- If you can pay a joining fee of Rs. 3,500. And then pay Rs. 5,000 renewal fee.
- If your financial situation will not be affected by paying this sum every year.
American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card Features And Benefits
Let’s look at some of the features and benefits of the credit card
- It offers a lot of rewards for travelling.
- You get a reward rate of 0.88%, which is quite eye-catching.
- You get 4 domestic lounge stays every year. You get 1 complimentary lounge to stay in every quarter (3 months).
- You can easily redeem the reward points. It gives a free hand to choose for cardholders from a wide range of catalogues.
- You can pay in EMIs using the card. This will help you split the amount into small parts.
- You get an interest-free period of 51 days.
- You get a fuel surcharge waiver when you pay using a credit card. Whenever you pay in HPCL petrol station, you don’t have to pay any convenience fee.
- You get a lot of travel benefits on signing up for American Express Travel Online.
- You can enjoy a host of privileges and services with the credit card,
- You can get two free add-on cards at zero extra charges.
- Zero lost card liability fees if you report within 3 working days.
- You can make contactless payments using a credit card for transactions less than Rs. 2,000, you don’t have to enter any pin.
Apart from this, you get platinum features like,
- 24/7 platinum assist Center.
- Emergency card replacement anywhere in the world.
American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card Charges
Let’s see what will be the cost to bear the credit card.
- Pay a Joining Fee of Rs. 3,500 + taxes.
- Pay an annual fee of Rs. 5,000 along with taxes. This is applicable from the second year onwards.
- You get 2 free add-on cards. After that, you have to pay Rs. 1,500 for every card.
- Foreign exchange markup fee of 3.5% along with service tax.
- You have to pay a cash advance charge of 3.5%.
- You have to pay a statement fee of Rs. 100 per statement. Suppose it is older than 3 months.
- You have to Overlimit charges of Rs—500 along with taxes.
American Express Credit Card Eligibility & Document Requirements
You are eligible for the credit card if you,
- Are above 18 years of age.
- You have Indian or multinational bank savings or current accounts.
- Your credit history and credit score are good.
- You have no payment defaults.
- You have a personal income of Rs. 6,00,000 or above. Applicable for both employed and self-employed.
- You have a permanent residential address in India.
- For self-employed, the company must be trading for more than a year.
The following documents are required when you apply for a credit card.
- Identity Proof. PAN Card, Aadhaar Card, Driving License, passport, etc. You need a copy of any document to prove your identity. It shall be self-attested.
- Address Aadhaar Card, Utility Bills, Driving License, etc. You need a self-attested copy of any document.
- Income Proof. Latest one or two-month salary slip. Last 3 months bank statements.
How To Apply For The Card?
- Go to AmericanExpress.in
- Click on Cards.
- A list will appear to select travel cards from the list.
- Search for American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card. Click on Apply Now against the credit card.
- Fill up the required details and submit the form.
You can also visit the nearest branch and apply for a credit card. Submit all the required documents to the bank branch.
It will take some time to confirm that you are a genuine person and offer you the card. It is applicable both for online and offline modes.
1. Is there any fuel waiver offered by the credit?
Yes, the cardholder can get a fuel waiver only on the HPCL pump station. For fuel costs less than Rs. 25,000 you have to pay a 0% convenience fee. For fuel cost above Rs. 25,000 you have to pay 0.3% convenience fee.
2. Is there any add-on card fee?
No, there is no add-on fee for the first two credit cards. But after two credit cards, you have to pay Rs—1,500 per credit card.
3. What is the Limit of American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card?
The answer to the question is not definite. It depends on your credit score and income. So, there is no definite limit to credit card.
4. What is the customer care number of American Express platinum travel credit card?
You can get in touch with customer service through their official website. You can also call on their 24/7 toll-free number,
1800 419 2122 or
5. What is the minimum income required for the credit card?
The minimum income Required is 6,00,000 per year. It is applicable both for an employed and self-employed person.
6. AMEX India vs AMEX USA. Which is better?
American Express in the USA is known for providing a lot of signup bonus. In India, the American Express credit cards don’t have several signup bonuses. Though with time, the credit card market has improved with a lot of competitions. And hence the AMEX India is also providing us with good rewards and benefits. But still, in my opinion, AMEX USA offers more rewards and privileges.
7. How does the reward program of American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card Works?
The American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card is a point card. Where a cardholder can get 1 Reward Point for each Rs. 50. And 1 Reward point = Rs. 0.44. Other rewards can be earned by completing a certain milestone. These rewards come as voucher or E-gift cards for Taj Hotels and other partnered hotels.
8. Where can I redeem my reward points?
The American Express Platinum Travel Credit Cardholder gets different options to redeem the reward points. One can redeem in cash, travel vouchers or InterMiles. All these have varying redemption rates. One can also get other options under the American Express rewards program.
9. What time will my reward points expire?
The membership reward points of the card expire within 3 years. It means you have to redeem your points within 3 years from the date of receiving the point.
10. What expenses are excluded from getting any reward using the credit card?
You will not receive any reward when you pay the followings using the credit card.
Any kind of fuel spending. Petrol, diesel or CNG.
Paying insurance Bills.
Paying Utility Bulls. Electricity, Cable, water, gas, etc.
Cards Similar To American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card
Suppose you are planning to own an American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card. You might find the joining fee and annual charge to be a bit high. You might feel it is difficult for your pocket. You might also find other cards which provide better benefits or privileges at a lesser price. Or you might find cards that have a higher price than the AMEX Platinum Travel Credit Card.
But if you are a person who spent a lot travelling, it may be a good choice for you. If you can spend more than Rs. 4,00,000 in a year. The card can have different benefits and rewards to offer. So, if you can spend such an amount every year, you can always go for the American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card.